Frostbyrn
Zillah
Manila Plague
ConciliarFox
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/713983/supreme-court-expected-to-rule-on-video-games-next-week/

Oh boy!!!

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

i'm glad i live in Canada and i'm not 12

Zillah

Zillah

so is it currently legal or illegal for vendors to sell M rated games to minors?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Its based on their own Discretion i think

chunckylover53

Yeah i don't get this that much.. They always carded people at my gamestop and don't they usually always do that? Either way if this passes they'll just have someone else buy them games like people do for alcohol and cigs.

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

chunckylover53 wrote:Yeah i don't get this that much.. They always carded people at my gamestop and don't they usually always do that? Either way if this passes they'll just have someone else buy them games like people do for alcohol and cigs.
Same here, I've seen kids have to run back out to their mom's van to get her to come in and buy an M game(think it was CoD: BO)

Zillah

Zillah

yeah i think this is pretty stupid...

i have plenty of friends that are a year older than me anyway.

Grey

Grey

Are we still on this subject?

Khfan60

Khfan60

Doctor Whoof wrote:Are we still on this subject?

Don't worry, in a few years people will start blaming lifes problems on something else.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

This is nothing new.

I had to have my mom buy me MK2 in 95, when I was 9.

Cubist Castle

Cubist Castle

Mortal Kombat wrote:This is nothing new.

I had to have my mom buy me MK2 in 95, when I was 9.

Same here.

Chewy

Chewy

Yeah I don't get why these laws are causing such a fuss.

They're preventing companies from doing something they aren't even doing anyways.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

My understanding is this: punishment. Right now states can't punish retailers for selling to minors. The rating system is a voluntary to follow, retailers don't have to follow it, it's really for parents to see what in a video game. This case is to determine if retailers can be punished for selling M rated games to minors. In essence, M rated games would be treated like cigarettes and alcohol were selling it to a minor would be illegal, and buying a it for a minor would be illegal, with punishments for both. The whole defense of the gaming industry is that video games are an art and protected by the 1st amendment like books or movies. The arguments have been made, and the decision will be made soon.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

OMG THIS MEANS LESS KIDDIES ON COD!!1

Khfan60

Khfan60

Fox Shepard wrote:My understanding is this: punishment. Right now states can't punish retailers for selling to minors. The rating system is a voluntary to follow, retailers don't have to follow it, it's really for parents to see what in a video game. This case is to determine if retailers can be punished for selling M rated games to minors. In essence, M rated games would be treated like cigarettes and alcohol were selling it to a minor would be illegal, and buying a it for a minor would be illegal, with punishments for both. The whole defense of the gaming industry is that video games are an art and protected by the 1st amendment like books or movies. The arguments have been made, and the decision will be made soon.

Wait, so if this law passes, if I go in with my mother to buy BF3, they wont sell it to me/her? If so that's horse-shit.

Zillah

Zillah

not letting teenagers buy m rated games... god it just seems so weird.

Grey

Grey

Why don't they do the same thing they do with R rated movies?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

im the UK they treat the ratings system like law anyway.

i got ID'd for a 16 game when i was 17. i didnt have any ID on me so i had to buy a 15 game (i chose JC2 so i got an epic game anyway).

i always get ID'd for 18 games (but i have ID so its all good).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum