+5
TexasMace
Zillah
Kitsune
Ante
Artimise Flare
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Range time, Warning! Pic heavy Empty Range time, Warning! Pic heavy 2011-07-18, 17:53

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Went to the range a month or two back when it wasn't as hot here in the valley. Figured I'd post some pics.

the gun I'm holding in one of these pics is a MAC 11 modified to fire in full automatic while chambered in .22 LR. It was a blast to shoot, this old guy was really nice and let me burn through a 30 round magazine. It had absolutely ZERO recoil, and he'd go through a magazine in around 2 seconds.

Range time, Warning! Pic heavy 260050_1403389302002_1750467922_662183_5343883_n

Range time, Warning! Pic heavy 248715_1403390622035_1750467922_662194_8202693_n

Range time, Warning! Pic heavy 247140_1403389141998_1750467922_662182_7823475_n

Range time, Warning! Pic heavy 74602_1247762051418_1750467922_448730_7373565_n

Ante

Ante

That Mac 11 is one UGLY gun.

Kitsune

Kitsune

Ante wrote:That Mac 11 is one UGLY gun.

This. xD

But nice, always fun to go shooting. Very Happy

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Lol, yeah it's heavily modified, but I'll take the chance to shoot an automatic gun any day xD.

Zillah

Zillah

I disagree (I think this was actually a mac 10, i forget)

Spoiler:

what is that on that mac 11 flare, some sort of silencer?

TexasMace

TexasMace

So cool!

You took the words right out of my mouth, Art..."heavily modified"

Ante

Ante

Zillah wrote:

I disagree (I think this was actually a mac 10, i forget)

Spoiler:

what is that on that mac 11 flare, some sort of silencer?

Not saying the Mac 11 is an ugly gun in general. With that holo sight, M16 hand-guard, and stock, it's absolutely ridiculous looking.

Kitsune

Kitsune

I think the Mac10/Mac11 are pretty ugly to being with. They look like they were made for $5 in a sweatshop somewhere, lol. Same with the Uzi.

Zillah

Zillah

i agree with the Uzi... that gun just looks like a toy.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

It's actually an extended barrel, it looked silly to me too, still was fun to shoot though Very Happy. I hope to get a x4 ACOG for my AR15 once I'm more financially stable. Gonna change the crappy Mattel pistol grip on my rifle also, the darn thing is so uncomfortable to grip. May think of getting a quad rail as well or something. Not entirely sure. Next in my line up I'm thinking if I have the money.

Beretta 92FS
AUG clone MSARE4

Duck

Duck

so who's the babe you're helping out

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

LOL, I was wondering when one of you guys would ask. She's a friend of mine that I used to play D&D with. She was interested in coming to the range and shooting (Though we had to nudge her a bit to finally shoot, originally we went out with my Mosin and that was a bit too scary for her).

Rogue Jedi

Rogue Jedi

Love the AR-15 platform. I have an Armalite M15 flat-top. Replaced the grip, installed a quad rail forend and red dot sight. Also if you have the funds, look at the fore-end vertical grips that deploy into a bi-pod from Mako. This makes me want to post pics of my arsenal!

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

Rogue Jedi wrote:This makes me want to post pics of my arsenal!
That would take forever to post all of it.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

cool pics...I was forced to sell my sks and winchester 1300 due to hard times but I'll get em back one day.I would of rather had an AK anyway,and,I think I should of just went with a cheaper Maverick 88 or 870 clone new england pardner pump shotgun.If I see another cheap Russian or Chinese SKS for sale I can't pass it up though Twisted Evil

I love commie guns.Probably because they're so cheap and reliable.

I saw a century FAL build for sale for like 600 bucks.I wouldn't of minded it,mags are like 99 cents,and it packs a punch.

I guess you live and learn though,when I was younger I blew my whole check on a phone when I could have gotten a perfectly fine one for much less....same thing I did with the guns,I could have saved quite a bit if I had of waited.Oh well though...

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Yeah, I considered getting a Century Arms CETME the grandfather of the G3. It was cheap but I've heard way too many horror stories with Century Arms International. Most of them complaining of poor quality, so I just kept saving and got my AR15 instead, which I am glad I did. Ammunition is also a whole lot cheaper when compared to the CETME which was chambered in .308

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I wouldn't mind getting an AR15 one day,like the cheap build Tex did.

Very Happy it,with a folding stock sks with the 20 round magazines from tapco would be a good SHTF combo.

They're supposed to be very accurate and even regular 223 ammo is supposed to be devastating against fleshy targets.I just always heard they were very high maintenance.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

With the SKS I'd be worried about over penetration since the 7.62x39 can go through plaster and cinder blocks quite easily and still retain its lethal velocities. For the upcoming zombie apocalypse however, it would prove to be very handy indeed.

AR15's are not all that bad as far as maintenance is concerned, it just takes a while and is usually kind of involved (you have to clean it thoroughly).

If you clean your piece after every range trip you'll be fine, and that should be a rule with any firearm. Take care of your gun and it'll take care of you Smile

For home defense I'd probably get a mosseberg 12 gauge or something if not a nice pistol with some reliable hollow points. Very Happy

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah that's what I was thinking,I'm either going to get a Maverick 88 Mossberg,or New England Pardner 12 gauge pump for the confines of home defense.

Probably the Mav.88 due to the dual extractors and lighter weight.The Winchester 1300 also had an aluminum receiver and it felt very good and balanced in my hands.Not sure what it mattered in a shotgun,but the winchester used the same rotating bolt the AR15 uses.I supposed for a faster smoother action.

I'll ask to hold the New England and Mossberg and which ever feels better in my hands I'll get...I've heard the fore-end of the Maverick 88 feels quite flimsy on some people and wobbles alot >__>.Might just be rumors.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

If I had the money, I'd get an M1A and drop it into a Sage EBR chassis. Makes the gun stupid heavy, but I love the look. Essentially the one I want to build would look exactly like the one in BC2, with perhaps a different stock and bipod Very Happy

So many guns and not enough cash to get any of them xD

Kitsune

Kitsune

My friend has a Mossberg 835 that he really loves. They're cheap, but work just as good as any other pump-action shotgun. I have a Benelli Nova, and I definitely love it. It's slide-release located differently near the trigger compared to other shotguns I've used though.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I'm hoping the Mossberg Maverick 88/500 have a bigger slide release than the winchester 1300.....I hated how damn short and snubby it was...I was hard to press in since it was so little just messing with the shotgun,not even in times of stress...

from pics I've seen,the mossberg's should be bigger.I like it behind the trigger and am probably getting a pistol grip and stock combo for the shotgun I pick,and it would be easier than on the pardner which is a copy of the remington 870,but remington owns new england firearms anyway and I heard it's actually better built than the 870 express on the market today.On the 870 the slide release is in front of the trigger.

and yeah,I saw somebody selling a match grade M14 that looked just like the one in BC2 for like 2400....the ad went away one day..guess he sold it,didn't think he would at that price. *shrug* with my guns I like em cheap,reliable,and durable.

alot of people just knock the pardner because it's made in china,but alot of chinese guns are good quality like the type 56 AKs,Mak90,SKS,AR15 clone,M14 clone,etc...

I'd actually like to find an older version of the Pardner called the Norinco Blackhawk that came with ghost ring sights and a 18.5 or 20 inch barrel.

cool thing with the pardner is I could get a remington mag extension with it,I couldn't with the maverick if I don't buy the 8 shot model to begin with.

You have to be really careful now days.After cleaning my winchester I found the barrel had slight pitting on the outside towards the receiver a little.Not any rust though... that the other owner had covered up with grease......not enough to probably ever effect operation of the shotgun,but still pissed me off.I'm going to buy brand new from now on if at all possible,or be very very clear I only want stuff in good condition.

but you live and learn *shrug*

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

2.4k for a match grade M1A in a SAGE stock is a screaming deal for the most part since most M1A's start in the 2k bracket especially the match grade ones if I recall. the stock alone is around $300-400 give or take around 3k for the whole setup without glass.

Rogue Jedi

Rogue Jedi

Sage also has EBR stocks for the M1 Garand. I've been looking at those to replace my Garand's crappy Greek 1950's surplus stock.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Twisted Evil too true with too many guns and not enough ammo....

My arsenal if I just had unlimited funds would be AK47's with 4x scopes and drum mags,SKS's for backup to give to friends,AR15's if I had cleaning supplies,Mosin Nagants, 686 Smith and Wesson 357 revolvers,Glock 17's,Glock 21's,Mossberg 590s with heatshields and bayonets.....and so many others

-drool- Razz

I'll probably be stuck with an SKS and Mossberg 500 or Maverick 88 but that's cool with me Razz,I wanna get a hi point to see if they're as awful as people say.I heard they're just picky with ammo.I shot a hi point 45 before and it stove piped every other round with brass reloads,but it still went bang every time Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum