Grey
Honey Badger
Zillah
DRGN LRD 1213
Symbolic
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Early Super Bowl predictions Empty Early Super Bowl predictions 2011-08-01, 18:57

I think it'd be fun to see if any of us can predict the Super Bowl this season.

I think it will be a lot of Green. Not the Packers though. Jets vs Eagles. Not going way out on a ledge there, but I think it would be a great game.

What about the rest of you?

Symbolic

Symbolic

Same. Jets vs Eagles is my early pick.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Patriots now that Brady had Chad O to throw to!

Just the Pats? No opponent? I dont mean just the winner.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Look out for Arizona.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Thats all I have at the top of my head.....

I'll think on it a little more and get back to you.

I was just thinking on the way home though how I think it will be a good match up and they could have a great season.

Symbolic

Symbolic

If the Browns are .500 I will be happy as well.

Zillah

Zillah

CHIEEFFSS!

No.

I say eagles, they looked great last season and they're my favorite team outside of the chiefs.

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

Eagles and Steelers (probably not) but i can hope.

Oh and i dont like the jets i think they're trash team.

Grey

Grey

I say the Dinosaurs are looking good this year. They might be able to kick the ball over the goal post to get at least 4 homeruns.

chunckylover53

Grumpy Bear wrote:Eagles and Steelers (probably not) but i can hope.

I don't even pay that much attention to football and i know the Jet's aren't a trash team.

asdf

asdf

Packers gonna repeat!

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Eagle made a lot of moves but I will wait and see how Vick performs THIS year. I know he was great last season but just wait and see.

AFC is Pats for me. Can't beat Tom Brady with #85 and Haynesworth on a team that was already good.

NFC wil lprobably be some team nobody saw coming like the Falcons, Saints, or the Vikings (lol, I wish). but if I had to pick I would go with the Packers. Now if you would excuse me I will go bludgen myself for picking my most hated nemisis to go to the bowl.

Khfan60

Khfan60

Giants?

I don't know shit for shit when it comes to football, but it would be nice if a New York team won Very Happy

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

chunckylover53 wrote:

I don't even pay that much attention to football and i know the Jet's aren't a trash team.

Jets are trashy trash. They have way too many used up players. Mark Sanchez is over rated as hell a sub par QB. They have good defense but offense is trash. Also im not afraid to admit im wrong if you can do a good argument and the Steelers (my favorite team) is slowly but surely turning into shit.

I think Dolphins might have a chance Razz

Symbolic

Symbolic

Bandito wrote:
chunckylover53 wrote:

Jets are trashy trash. They have way too many used up players. Mark Sanchez is over rated as hell a sub par QB. They have good defense but offense is trash. Also im not afraid to admit im wrong if you can do a good argument and the Steelers (my favorite team) is slowly but surely turning into shit.

scratch

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I would say Eagles vs. Pats but, because they are favorites I will say.....

Dallas vs. Indy

Dallas huh? Interesting....

The past 10 superbowls have had 10 different NFC teams in it. That's pretty awesome. Also makes picking a favorite in the NFC impossible really.

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

the buffalo bills

hey ya gotta believe in something

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

1fnbighen wrote:the buffalo bills

hey ya gotta believe in something

This made me laugh. simple yet effective

chunckylover53

Bandito wrote:
chunckylover53 wrote:

I don't care enough for them to defend them.

But yay go Eagles.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I want the Pack to repeat, but Mills is right. There hasn't been a repeat Super Bowl team from the NFC in 10 years. They are very capable to do it, as are a number of other teams from the NFC. I don't like to pick favorites because they haven't made lately.

The Packers should dominate against the Vikes, Lions, and maybe the Bears. But the playoffs are another thing.

Symbolic

Symbolic

I highly doubt the Pack repeat. Everything went there way last season the past two months of the year(including playoffs). As much as I despise all things to do with Pukesburgh, they would have probably won if Pouncey played. They backup center got killed the whole game.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Ok I am going with the Patriots and The Cardinals.

Zillah

Zillah

Cardinals? Suspect

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I don't have any faith in kevin Cobb so no Cards for me. I don't know who will win that division anyone could..... maybe St Louis, Bradford kid looked good last year.

I don't see the Packer "dominating" the North. The Lions look better every year, the Vikes picked up McNabb, the Bears were in the the NFC championship game. It wouldn't take much for the Pack to lose the division.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Arizona will be a surprise team. With Kolb and Fitz, they have HUGE offensive potential. Not to mention they got two good looking young backs in Beanie Wells and Ryan Williams. They still have a solid defense. They will surprise this year.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

McNabb has NOBODY to throw to though! HAHA He is the olnly thing I like about the vikies.

Kolb Has Fitz to throw to so I think they will be a good match up!.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Thanks for the backup Sym!

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I just don't like their D or either of their RB's. I think Wells is a chump, he isn't very powerful, not very fast or elusive, and if I recall he was a fumbler (I could be misremembering). And I will wait and see about Ryan Williams. I only saw him like half a year in college before he got hurt so the jury is out on how effective he will be.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Berrian (who I HATE) was a pro bowler a coulper years back, and Harvin is a star waiting to happen. Not to mention the best RB in the game. My big worry is the O line. I look really bad there.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Wells not powerful?......not fast?......dude.......do I need to bust out links and Youtube videos? Dont let your Buckeye hate cloud your judgement Smile

Also Beanie fumbled 3 times in his college career, 3 in his true frosh season. And has never had fumbling issues in the NFL.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Berrian misses half the seseaon though...

I'm telling ya McNab is great and all but he just isn;t going to connect with anyone.

Symbolic

Symbolic

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1opisGofQiY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by Symbolic on 2011-08-03, 17:54; edited 1 time in total

Homer. lol...

messin with ya Sym.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Beanie wells stats least year, remember he missed 3 games

Carries Yards TD YPC

116 397 2 3.4

Not very pretty, not denying that the guy is big and strong, but he sure didn't perform last season

this looked better when I was making the post but you get the idea

Symbolic

Symbolic

Terrinator wrote:Beanie wells stats least year, remember he missed 3 games

Carries Yards TD YPC

116 397 2 3.4

Not very pretty, not denying that the guy is big and strong, but he sure didn't perform last season

this looked better when I was making the post but you get the idea

Nobody would have ran well last year with Max Fucking hall and that terrible O line. The Cards traded Hightower as they are going to make Beanie the starter. He breaks out this year, the guy is a freak physically.

Rookie year when he was healthy- 176/793/4.5 YPC/7 Td's. Last year he was hurt alot, and the Cardinals were dreadful.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Yes I am a homer lol. BUT Im also realistic. Beanie is a beast, his problem has been health. As far as pure physical specimens, the only one better in the NFL is Peterson. And this is from scouts. He would have been a top 3 pick if he didnt have health issues in college. I would be very surprised is he doesntt make his mark by the time its done.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I guess we will see. Not tryin to diss on your boy sym, and maybe the OSU origins contribute to my dislike but I just don't expect him to be big. I'm not biased to every OSU player mind you.

Peterson is awesome. And from OU.... Woot!

Symbolic

Symbolic

MISTER ZOMBEE wrote:Peterson is awesome. And from OU.... Woot!

Somehow you stole him from Texas, still confused on that one... scratch

Cuz Texas sucks.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Are you following the Texas Network? How do you feel about them trying to put high school games on their network for recruiting purposes? I think its bullshit personally, and am glad the rest of the conference is standing up to them.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Peterson's from my town....He went to OU I heard because either he couldn't get a scholarship that would pay everything from Texas,or if he went to Texas he wouldn't of been the starter...

IDK.I didn't get into Football till after he had left the high school and was already in college,he's awesome tho.Fumbles are the only problem >__>.Didn't watch many Vike's games so he may have fixed it.

Didn't read any of the thread till this page,may go back when I have time....but as of right now,8-3-2011,I say it's going to be the Eagles and Patriots in the superbowl.

Eagles-Packers in NFC game,and Patriots-Jets(maybe Steelers) in AFC game

Symbolic

Symbolic

Ummmm Peterson was offered a full ride by every school in the nation, and he would have started at Texas......You think Jamaal Charles would have started ahead of him? Not a chance in hell.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

oh lol idk then.I just asked around the school back when I went and kids who said they knew him and that's what they said Razz

>__> I wonder why he did go way up there when he could of just stayed here and went to austin for Texas

Symbolic

Symbolic

He was a Sooner since his JR year in high School. Oklahoma always raids Texas, for two reasons. Texas is loaded every year. Its Texas, Florida, California, Ohio and Pennsylvania yearly for football players. And reason 2 is Oklahoma produces next to no football talent, so they have to poach Texas.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

The Packers won't dominate, but they are the team to beat in the north. The Vikes are back to rebuilding, the Lions don't have all the pieces in place, yet, but I do think they will be much harder to beat then they have been. The Bear did win the division last year, but alot things did go their way: They went against 2 third string QB's, barely beat an opponent that had 18 penalties, and the infamous TD that wasn't a TD. Plus, some of the playoff team they played, they played in Chicago. just my opinion on that.
The Pack did get a bit lucky during the end of the season with the right teams losing when they did, but their run in the playoffs wasn't all luck, how they dismantled the Falcons shows that. Mike Pouncey being out for the SB wasn't the Steelers problem, didn't help, but it was bad decisions as whole by the team: turnovers were key in that game. 3-0 iirc. There is always an element of luck in football, but luck doesn't win everything.

2 recent Heisman winners are from Oklahoma. Bradford is from OKC and White is from Hinton. Texas is just bigger so yeah, there will be more talent. A lot of defensive players come from Oklahoma too.

And..... Texas sucks. That's why Texas players come to OU.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum