Grey
chunckylover53
Ars Diaboli
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Thoughts on DLC? Empty Thoughts on DLC? 2011-09-02, 13:22

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I'm pretty sure everyone can see that the prices are going higher and higher.

That bit by bit, we are getting less and paying more for it.

I just got this feeling that this shit is going to snowball into a huge pile of fail, once most publishers see that gamers are a bunch of dumbasses willing to pay $15 for something that takes little time to make and isn't even 1/4 of the real game.

Like, little by little, they are testing the waters, to see how much they can charge, up to what point they can get away with overpricing.

I'm a bit paranoid about the whole Gears 3 "Season Pass" too, which seems to be another way to check how dumb or blind your customers are.

2Thoughts on DLC? Empty Re: Thoughts on DLC? 2011-09-02, 13:37

chunckylover53

I forget who but someone made a topic about DLC a little bit ago but yeah i agree. My friend was telling me about the gears thing "BUT YOU GET FREE DLC TOO". No you pay a lot for it that's just their way of getting you to invest a lot early on.

3Thoughts on DLC? Empty Re: Thoughts on DLC? 2011-09-02, 13:39

Grey

Grey

I really hope it doesn't become more of a trend.

4Thoughts on DLC? Empty Re: Thoughts on DLC? 2011-09-02, 13:41

Gary Effin' Oak.

Gary Effin' Oak.

The only DLC ever worth it is Borderlands.

Fact.

5Thoughts on DLC? Empty Re: Thoughts on DLC? 2011-09-02, 15:34

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

And Fallout's DLC.
Borderlands was great if you don't count in Moxxis.

also, what is the season pass for Gears 3? This is the first I have heard of it.

6Thoughts on DLC? Empty Re: Thoughts on DLC? 2011-09-02, 17:03

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Rainbow Vakarian wrote:I really hope it doesn't become more of a trend.

It already is, sadly. The new trend we can fear, is overpricing shit.

Brock Harrison wrote:And Fallout's DLC.
Borderlands was great if you don't count in Moxxis.

also, what is the season pass for Gears 3? This is the first I have heard of it.

It's something that costs 30 dollars. With it, you will have instant access to (the first) 4 DLC packs of Gears of War 3. It's being marketed as a way of saving money. You are going to get a "33% discount" if you use this.

Basically, you are pre-ordering DLC that have no clue what it is, or if it will be worth your money. If you don't buy it, you can buy each DLC separately, but if you end up buying all 4 DLCs anyway, you will pay 45 dollars.

For one thing, the name itself implies that there will be MORE DLC and therefore, more "Season" passes.

Second, it will be worth half the cost of the full game. Problem? I'm not an idiot, I can bet my balls that for that 30 dollars price, we WON'T get half the amount of value that the full game offers. I can accept the price if, and only if I get about 6 hours of campaign and about 20 more MP maps, anything less is basically a rip-off since they don't have to develop everything else that goes into a new game.

The DLC itself is going to cost 45 dollars without it. You can try and wait for the first DLC, and if you like it, buy the Season Pass and hope that the rest is good. Unless Epic reveals everything before you buy it, in which case you should wait for all of the DLC to be properly introduced before buying anything at all.

It's not as bad as the $15 CoD map packs, but it's fishy. Maybe I'm paranoid, and I'll just wait to see how it all works out. However, I can't help but notice this trend. If it sells well enough, we will probably see more companies doing this, eventually selling you the season pass with you having no clue on what you'll get.

7Thoughts on DLC? Empty Re: Thoughts on DLC? 2011-09-02, 17:06

Ante

Ante

This whole DLC affair doesn't bother me. I don't buy anything I don't want or don't think is worth the cost.

It's one of the reasons I loved BC2 so much. Free map packs.

8Thoughts on DLC? Empty Re: Thoughts on DLC? 2011-09-02, 17:18

Chewy

Chewy

Let's just put it this way: If DLC was a new born puppy I would punt it off a highway overpass.

Pretty much none of it is actually worth it when you compare it to the price of the game. Yet everyone still buys it, so the developers keep ripping them off more and more. Like you said they're pretty much just seeing how far they can go with it nowadays.

Back when it didn't cost any money it helped keep multiplayer communities live and kicking and kept more people buying the game. Take a look at Counter Strike for example, they not only added onto it themselves but they let anyone mod it and add their own maps to it and it's community is still going strong up into this date. Nowadays DLC splits up and sometimes kills the online community.

9Thoughts on DLC? Empty Re: Thoughts on DLC? 2011-09-02, 18:12

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

It is what it is, and it won't go away. I'm thinking about getting the season pass for Gears, but I still haven't a decision. I got all fronts for gears2, I'm think I'm just gonna do that. I just don't like DLC that excludes players that don't have it.

10Thoughts on DLC? Empty Re: Thoughts on DLC? 2011-09-02, 19:14

Pariah

Pariah

While I wholeheartedly agree that the DLC market is becoming ridiculous, some of it is stil totally worth it. I'm thinking of the BlOps and W@W final DLCs, seeing as how Der Riese and Moon have become/are so popular. That and maybe the Borderlands dlcs. Havent bought em, but I've gotten rave reviews from my friends.

That said, I'm also thankful that we live in the age of internet theft, where any bit of data can be found if one knows where to look.

11Thoughts on DLC? Empty Re: Thoughts on DLC? 2011-09-02, 22:45

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Most DLC ain't even worth the money....but as long as people keep buyin it,companies will keep spittin em out.

With how bad the economy is I'm surprised it's doing so good.I guess people nix out other stuff in life just to buy games.You'd think companies would be in trouble because not many people want to pay 60 for a game

12Thoughts on DLC? Empty Re: Thoughts on DLC? 2011-09-02, 22:54

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Yeah, sadly, that's how it is.

Sell shit, and people will buy it. I have to wonder, at what price point will people stop?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum