Symbolic
Wacco
D
ConciliarFox
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Just finished Honest Hearts, seemed shorter than Dead Money, but it was fun, just ended too soon. Dead Money was soooooooooooo long, and un-fun. I hated having to go through it, it seemed pointless. I haven't even finished the game yet (just started the point of no return for the NCR) and I'm already planning my next playthough. How was OWB? looking to get that one soon.

D

Dead Money actually caused me to shelf FO NV. Shame really.

Wacco

I was thinking about buying NV off of Steam for 20 bucks, should I? It looks fun, I loved FO3, and with mods I think it could last a long time.

D

Yeah it's a good game, especially for $20.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

It's worth it. The DLC, not as much.
Spoiler:

Wacco

I don't think I'd get the DLC. Mods make up for that though Very Happy

D

ConciliarFox wrote:It's worth it. The DLC, not as much.
Spoiler:

I got stuck in there and I felt like it may have been a glitch that prevented me from going through a door or something so I got discouraged. I'll try it again when I get my copy back.

Symbolic

Symbolic

I did not like Dead Money at all. It was fucking tedious as hell. Those damn alarms were impossible to spot!

Ive got 4 character in NV all over level 25, with 30 plus hours in. Never finished it. I got tired of hearing "Johnny Guitar" 400 billion times! Gah!

TheGM

TheGM

I liked Dead Money the 1st time through. after that it gets a little tedious.

Now I am not a cupcake since I play hardcore mode and that made it a little bit better. Wimp Mode players tend to try and blast on through every single thing and get their dome popped.

Honest Hearts wasn't bad. and Old World Blues was the best DLC ever!!!

and Symbolic you listen to the radio? ARE YOU SERIOUS BRO?!?!? How could you do that when the game uses the awesome BGM track form FO 1&2!!!

Wacco

It just finished downloading from Steam so I'll see how I like it. I'll have one normal playthrough and then start modding it Very Happy

D

Play it on Hardcore.

TheGM

TheGM

Play it on Hardcore......ONLY IF YOU'RE A MAAAAAAAAAN!

No really though......it makes the game 19829037 times better.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Yea I play on hardcore, and its way more fun IMO.

Also this is probably a really stupid question, but I can only find like 3 stations in NV to listen to. Damn Johnny Guitar station, Black Mountain Radio and another I cant seem to remember the name of atm. I wish we could use custom soundtracks for the radio.

Wacco

I am playing on hardcore and it's tougher than I expected. I'm liking it so far except I'm so slow and I have no money, but I just have to figure stuff out.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Haven't tried hardcore yet, I like explosives and that doesn't work well in hardcore mode. just beat the game today actually, I want to go through it few more times and get the other endings.

@doom: there were a few things in Dead Money that made me put down the game for a few days. I recall a door that did that to me, but I think I already suppressed the memory of that DLC.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Old World Blues was the FUNNIEST bit of gaming I have ever experienced. It has lots of new guns, and new perks (good ones too). The charicters were hilarious and the area you play in is stuffed with goodies. Its my favorite Fallout DLC ever.

Honest hearts was too short, and I felt llike it was kinda empty in comparison to OWB. I never got Dead Money because I heard bad things.

On a side note. FUCK JOHNNY GUITAR!!!!!!!!!! I like most of the soundtrack, but I hate this song.

D

One of the few guys that like Johnny Guitar.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

The worst thing about that song is its on BOTH Radio New Vegas, and Mojave Music Radio! I can't escape it! lol

D

The first time I heard it it made me sad Sad

I rarely listen to the radio when I'm playing though so I never really had a chance to get sick of it.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

im on my second playthrough.

he's an asshole legion siding melee user. i just wiped out goodsprings for the PG's using a pool cue Twisted Evil

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I wiped out Goodsprings on my Evil playthrough too lol.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I'm about to do a evil play through, I WAS gonna do it as a melee character, but I'm thinking evil assassin type, silencers and snipers and stuff.

Did you pick-up any of the back story to the legion in Honest Hearts? Or the "suggestion"?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

ConciliarFox wrote:I'm about to do a evil play through, I WAS gonna do it as a melee character, but I'm thinking evil assassin type, silencers and snipers and stuff.

Did you pick-up any of the back story to the legion in Honest Hearts? Or the "suggestion"?

Joshua Grahams armour + .45 Pistol is so hilarious. you look like an FBI agent, especially if you get a ballcap Razz

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I meant that
Spoiler:

Duck

Duck

I always like the beginning of a playthrough when you scavenge for anything you can find to sell and you're desperate for ammo and supplies. It's a lot less fun later on when you're basically a wasteland god IMO.

I finished NV about 4 times but I ran out of content so I have no more incentive to getting to level 30 now.

Wacco

I'm level 16 and I still have to scavenge. I think I'm just horrible at this game, even though I did literally everything there was to do in FO3. I'm really enjoying New Vegas though, it's a different atmosphere.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum