chunckylover53
asdf
Ante
StormEye
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

StormEye

StormEye

I have not built my desktop for a VERY long time, and are quite outdated on the information regarding to components these days. I will be visiting local computer component vendors to get quotes on the prices of components, and maybe some already built, so I need a control group of computers which I can compare them with.

Hopefully I do not have to spend more than $2000 (not including monitor, just desktop).

Ante

Ante

Peavs will have the best info for you here.

If you're building a desktop though, you could build a rig that maxes out BF3 for way less than 2 grand.

StormEye

StormEye

Vinyl Scratch wrote:If you're building a desktop though, you could build a rig that maxes out BF3 for way less than 2 grand.
You just made me a happy penguin.

asdf

asdf

I guess Ante just needs to hear about my awesome PC again.
I will appease him. Razz
But seriously, unless you want to be a permanent PC gamer, I'd stay away from building a rig like mine. It was a shit-ton expensive and cost like $3000.

Specs:

Spoiler:

I know, my PC is awesome. Cool

I wouldn't go for something like mine for just battlefield 3. I built mine to be able to play a lot of future games coming out. Max settings ftw.
Good luck with the PC.

chunckylover53

16 and you could spend 3k on a comp? Damn that probably would've been like my whole bank account when i was 16 lol.

asdf

asdf

This thing cost me an entire summer. I worked my ass off and did almost nothing else. It was definitely worth it.

StormEye

StormEye

Hmmm....

I can probably down a little more from yours, I am not really looking into playing at completely maxed out settings anyway. You are pretty much going for a 1080p resolution with AA&AF turned on, right? Components are cheaper here, in local markets. So maybe I would be able to make something about your setting in about $2300 ish, which means my requirement would cost somewhere around $1800 ish.

Thanks for the info Peav.

BTW, if anyone has suggestions please post them. I need as much info as possible.

Zillah

Zillah

I dont know much about computers, but from what ive read on other forums you should be able to build one that can max out BF3 for like $1,200, especially if you dont need a monitor.

StormEye

StormEye

I've excluded monitor since I will have separate budget for it, as I might get a TV for my room, which would double as a monitor.

I would appreciate if you can give more info on what components are consisted of in that $1200ish rig.

Zillah

Zillah

here look at this topic

http://www.speakeasyclinic.com/t10117-finally-got-a-pc-build

StormEye

StormEye

Ok, thats a good starting baseline, and I'll adjust between peav and pancake's rig to get quotes from vendors.

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

I could probably play it on low or medium.

StormEye

StormEye

What is the spec of yours?

Zillah

Zillah

and damn rem, i just noticed your re-roll stats sig. 350 spm with virtually no vehicle use? nice.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Goddamnit, being a poor jobless college student sucks sometimes.

If I'm incredibly lucky, I could have a decent rig by...this time next year, approximately.

Zillah

Zillah

if i had the discipline, i could save enough money to buy one by new years.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Suggestion #1: Get an i5 2500k.
Suggestion #2: Radeon HD 6950 2GB or 6970. Or a GTX 580.

Get a power supply good enough for one of those cards, or better if you want to SLI/Crossfire in the future. I seriously doubt you need to spend too much. About $1,000 without monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Also, I'll be playing on the Xbox, or PS3 until I can upgrade my current machine. QQ

Last edited by Ars Diaboli on 2011-09-09, 01:45; edited 1 time in total

StormEye

StormEye

Ars Diaboli wrote:Suggestion #1: Get an i5 2500k.
Suggestion #2: Radeon HD 6950 2GB or 6970. Or a GTX 580.

Get a power supply good enough for one of those cards, or better if you want to SLI/Crossfire in the future. I seriously doubt you need to spend too much. About $1,000 without monitor, keyboard and mouse.
Lovely.

Thanks for the info.

StormEye

StormEye

I have given some component details to one shop near my place, and asked to configure as best they can.

For now I requested

i7 2600k
8gb or more RAM (not specified brand or model)
heatsink (not specified brand or model)
SSD 128gb x2 RAID 0 (not specified brand or model)
1tb SATA HDD (not specified brand or model)
damn it i'm going to stop that '(not specified brand or model)'
GTX 560 (but I need to change that later to 580, maybe 590)
Bluray writer
640w power minimum

lets see what kind of things he can come up with and at what price.

Symbolic

Symbolic

I dont know shit about specs, but Im building one for BF3. My buddy is building it for me, and I gave him a 2000$ budget to hook me up. Should have it done in a month or so. When I actually know what's in it Ill post it.

StormEye

StormEye

I just hope that there are decent Asian servers. BF is not exactly that popular in Asia, as more of those twitch shooters, which requires less comp power like CS classic and such, are more popular so the chances of decent servers being located (not to mentioned ranked) are quite slim.

I don't want to have to constantly play BF3 in over 150ms ping, though with the style I want to play in I need 30 or less ping... Oh well, maybe I should give up on the stats already. LoL

First time playing BF series in Asia. LoL

asdf

asdf

StormEye wrote:I have given some component details to one shop near my place, and asked to configure as best they can.

For now I requested

i7 2600k
8gb or more RAM (not specified brand or model)
heatsink (not specified brand or model)
SSD 128gb x2 RAID 0 (not specified brand or model)
1tb SATA HDD (not specified brand or model)
damn it i'm going to stop that '(not specified brand or model)'
GTX 560 (but I need to change that later to 580, maybe 590)
Bluray writer
640w power minimum

lets see what kind of things he can come up with and at what price.

I'd say go for an H80 heatsink. I might get one to replace the heatsink I have later on. It's really cheap water cooling and you can really crank up the OC on that.

Also, get IC diamond thermal compound. It's what I use. You can get a 4-5 gram container for $20 from amazon and it's good for at least 3-4 applications on cpus and you can use it to OC a gpu if you change the thermal paste. It's a little pricy but better than arctic 5 and definitely worth it.

StormEye

StormEye

The problem I have here in HK is that the online business is not so active for computer components, including amazon. I have to rely on the local vendors and travel on foot from shop to shop to ask for what kind of products they carry. It'll be hard for me to get specific parts of brands for all of my needs.

asdf

asdf

I'm surprised on one has posted "WTF is this nerd shit" 60s spider man pic in this thread yet.

StormEye

StormEye

For those whom will be playing BF3 on PC, tell me what your specs are Konata

asdf

asdf

For those whom will be playing BF3 on PC, tell me what your specs are 2dokurokk8

Zillah

Zillah

For those whom will be playing BF3 on PC, tell me what your specs are Sm%20wtf%20is%20this%20nerd%20shit

asdf

asdf

DAMMIT ZILLAH

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Here's my specs.
A 2002 Sony Vaio desktop.

StormEye

StormEye

For those whom will be playing BF3 on PC, tell me what your specs are HD720pH26412avi_001007833

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Jealous?

StormEye

StormEye

For those whom will be playing BF3 on PC, tell me what your specs are 32685661_Lucky_Star__Tsukasa

asdf

asdf

There needs to be an anime corner in entertainment

StormEye

StormEye

There used to be.

Like 3 of us posted in it, and it ended up being just myself. LoL

unisyst

unisyst

Q9450 @ stock speed at the moment, had issues turned off overclocking and was too lazy to overclock again.
8 gigs of G.Skill DDR2 ram
ATI 5970 video card (I know I shoulda bought the 5950 for cheaper oh well)

Oh... I'll also be triple screening 28 inch monitors.

StormEye

StormEye

Will your comp be able to handle multi display with decent fps while playing more demanding games?

I have not had any decent rig for the past... say... 4 years to know what the penalty is like, with such spec.

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=18420266

That's what I'm planning on going with right now. Not quite set on the motherboard or case yet.

StormEye

StormEye

Hmmm...

Looks like my rig would be something like $1500 ish then, comparing with the price listed in your cart. Hopefully...

StormEye

StormEye

Changs from last post BOLD

i7 2600k
8gb or more RAM
SSD 128gb x2 RAID 0
1tb SATA HDD
GTX 580 <- but GTX560 Sli instead? maybe
Bluray writer
640w power minimum

suggestions please.

Sponsored content