the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good Lossless Audio Converter?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Good Lossless Audio Converter? Empty Good Lossless Audio Converter? 2012-04-15, 23:05

asdf

asdf

I'm getting an iPod Classic pretty soon. I going to use a pair of Audio-Technia Studio M50s with it because ear buds suck. Also I'm getting a Fiio e11 amplifier (hooked directly into the dock, not the 3.5mm jack) that will piggyback on the iPod. So I'm gonna need some lossless audio files.

I actually buy half of my songs and will be able to re-rip my CD's with Apple lossless. The other half I "acquire" usually in wav or flac formats. Know any stable converters I could use? (Money isn't an issue *wink, wink*)

I currently use SUPER but I'm gonna ditch that because it fucks with my registry and is really unstable.

unisyst

unisyst

ipenises don't support flac's do they? Actually if it's a classic, install Rockbox on it.

asdf

asdf

The port for Rockbox to iPod classic is still early in development. Sad

unisyst

unisyst

Good Lossless Audio Converter? Vbqhg

asdf

asdf

I would get a Zune, but they are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. I'll let Apple take my money this one time.

ThePeavstenator wrote:I would get a Zune, but they are RIDICULOUSLY expensive. I'll let Apple take my money this one time.

Wow did zune prices spiral out of control, anyways should be able to score a used 16GB model for around $120.

asdf

asdf

Yeah, but double the money and increase the storage capacity ten-fold for the classic.

It plays music and videos and can hold lots of it. That's all I want.

Funny thing is that the zune hd does not even support flac lol, anyways your best bet might be getting a clip+ and installing rockbox on that for your flac needs until the the rockbox build for the classic comes further along. I need to ask something though, have ran tests with your M50 headphones comparing flac to 320kbps mp3's? I understand there is a difference but it is usually so minute that it is not worth the hassle of configuring your portable mp3 player to work with it.

Chewy

Chewy

I wish clip+'s weren't so damn small in size.

I ended up getting a Cowon X7 for my FLAC needs. Probably the best sound quality MP3 player out there, and has 160GB of space, but it's expensive and has some flaws(audio can get corrupted, can't decide whether it supports lossless m4a or not, hardware can fail if you leave it dead for too long, and it's pretty big).

asdf

asdf

ALAC (Apple Lossless) is a lot like FLAC except it decodes faster and has support for metadata.

Yes I notice a difference. Especially with the great sound card I have on my PC. I listen to a lot of live music and music that has lots of acoustic percussion. mp3s usually throw out stuff like that.

I actually would prefer ALAC rather that FLAC because ALAC allows for metadata and faster decoding.

asdf

asdf

Chewy wrote:Probably the best sound quality MP3 player out there

The sound quality of the device itself won't make a difference. I'm bypassing the iPod all together because I'm hooking the e11 amp into the dock port rather than the 3.5mm jack.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

You audiophiles disgust me with your over the top fetish for sound. I just listen to my music normally. As long as its not scratchy, fuzzy, squeeky, metallic sounding I am fine with it.

Just download, import good to go.

Why can't you be as lazy and care free as me!

asdf

asdf

Because your damn carefree music has the same effects on me that crappy mp3s have on you.

My pristine hearing needs the highest quality audio and nothing else.

OUT WITH THEE, UNCLEAN VERMIN!!

Chewy wrote:I wish clip+'s weren't so damn small in size.

I ended up getting a Cowon X7 for my FLAC needs. Probably the best sound quality MP3 player out there, and has 160GB of space, but it's expensive and has some flaws(audio can get corrupted, can't decide whether it supports lossless m4a or not, hardware can fail if you leave it dead for too long, and it's pretty big).

That is why the Fuze+ exists, same exact audio quality as the clip+ but bigger.

asdf

asdf

This thread needs moar Greg.

Chewy

Chewy

ThePeavstenator wrote:ALAC (Apple Lossless) is a lot like FLAC except it decodes faster and has support for metadata.

Yes I notice a difference. Especially with the great sound card I have on my PC. I listen to a lot of live music and music that has lots of acoustic percussion. mp3s usually throw out stuff like that.

I actually would prefer ALAC rather that FLAC because ALAC allows for metadata and faster decoding.

FLAC actually does indeed support metadata. All my FLAC files are tagged just fine.

But for your initial question, exactly what are you converting to lossless audio files? CD's? I've used a program called Magic FLAC to MP3 converter for doing it the other way around, but I see no point in converting something TO a lossless format.

PrototypeT800 wrote:
Chewy wrote:I wish clip+'s weren't so damn small in size.

That is why the Fuze+ exists, same exact audio quality as the clip+ but bigger.

Still not nearly big enough for me.

asdf

asdf

I am getting an iPod.

Said iPod only supports Apple Lossless for lossless audio.

I can re-rip my CD's into iTunes for Apple Lossless.

I just want to convert my FLAC's that I have "acquired" via internet into Apple Lossless.

Last edited by ThePeavstenator on 2012-04-16, 00:10; edited 3 times in total

ThePeavstenator wrote:ALAC (Apple Lossless) is a lot like FLAC except it decodes faster and has support for metadata.

Could I ask what sound card you have?

asdf

asdf

HT Omega eClaro.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829271006&Tpk=eClaro

More general-purpose but it's good for gaming and sound mixing. I do both on my PC.

Chewy

Chewy

ThePeavstenator wrote:I am getting an iPod.

I just want to convert my FLAC's that I have "acquired" via internet into Apple Lossless.

Oh whoops don't know how that went over my head.

Haven't heard of a converter like that so I wouldn't have any recommendations.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I have the ATH-M50's as well they are quite sweet. As for a converter...what exactly are you looking to convert? like low quality wavs/mp3s into FLAC/ALAC? because that would be like trying to upscale a low res picture into HD...it would look pixelated as fuck.

same goes for the audio I'd imagine it would sound like shit with tons of artifacts and whatnot. MP3s and the like are heavily compressed. Once you compress audio you can't get back to the original.

edit: nevermind I see what you want it for now. I wouldn't know something that does that.

ThePeavstenator wrote:HT Omega eClaro.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829271006&Tpk=eClaro

More general-purpose but it's good for gaming and sound mixing. I do both on my PC.

Wow that is a nice card.

asdf

asdf

Good Lossless Audio Converter? 2351

asdf

asdf

But here you go. Razz

ThePeavstenator wrote:I am getting an iPod.

Tell me if this one works.

http://www.hootech.com/formats/alac/convert-flac-to-alac.htm

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

ThePeavstenator wrote:Good Lossless Audio Converter? 2351

but I don't wanna! Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum