Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

FRAPS: Major FPS drop during recording, even with low graphics. HELP!

+6
Ante
Pariah
kadaver21
The Adli Corporation
Metalzoic
Artimise Flare
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I'm still learning how to use fraps. What settings do you all use when recording?

Current PC specs:
Windows 7 64bit
Intel i7 3.20GHz
12Gb Kingston RAM
GeForce GTX570 SLI

All drivers are up to date.

Fraps settings:
Was running with vid capture at 60FPS (Dropped it to 30, have not tested it yet)
Full Size capture setting enabled
Sound capture settings:
Record Win7 Sound, Stereo

Am I doing something wrong? It's so bad that it gets me killed during my recordings some times. dropping to as low as 10 or 15 FPS. with an average of 40 FPS in certain areas. Heaven forbid that I have a bunch of jets/helicopters or tanks going over at the same time. Things get really ugly then.

I would use half size. Thats what I use and it fixed my problems.

Getting big FPS drops with FRAPS is normal and pretty much unavoidable.

Not that low though....I stay right at 30 playing BF3 while recording.

My specs

I7 at 3.2 ghz
GTX 580
12 gigs RAM
Windows & 64 bit

We are running basically the same thing.

Did you get it to work?

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know when I do.

Sounds like your hard drive, could I ask what your set up is?

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Hard Drive wise, If I recall, I'm using a 1TB Western Digital hard drive, with a 500gb external. 281gb of free space is left, so it's not a space issue.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Artimise Flare wrote:Hard Drive wise, If I recall, I'm using a 1TB Western Digital hard drive, with a 500gb external. 281gb of free space is left, so it's not a space issue.

Sounds to me like the problem is that you're playing a PC game.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Metalzoic wrote:
Artimise Flare wrote:Hard Drive wise, If I recall, I'm using a 1TB Western Digital hard drive, with a 500gb external. 281gb of free space is left, so it's not a space issue.

yeah, try FRAPS on your Xbox.

oh wait... Very Happy

Alpha Brit wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:

yeah, try FRAPS on your Xbox.

oh wait... Very Happy

The PC is so superior to consoles in so many ways its not worth arguing. Ill just come off as a massive fan boy.

It is not that space is an issue, but speed. You need a pretty fast hard drive in order to record to the same drive your are playing the game on/your OS is on. Could I ask if in your movie settings in fraps if you have cap frame rate unchecked and rbg lossless unchecked. The reason i said hard drive was because 570's in SLI should absolutely destroy BF3 at max settings. Could I ask if SLI is enabled and what your frame rate in in BF3 normally on max settings?

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Both are unchecked, and SLI is on, so I'm not sure what's wrong really. I did cannibalize my hard drive from my older build. It's quite possible that it's getting a little dated. Worst come to worst, I wipe the drive, start off with a new slate and buy a new gaming hard drive. Maybe save for a solid state drive Razz

Whats the RPM of your HDD?

13FRAPS: Major FPS drop during recording, even with low graphics. HELP! Empty Problem. 2013-03-08, 11:56

kadaver21

Hello,
I have the Exact same problem.
I'm having about 90-70 FPS at average.
My Fraps's Framerate is locked at 50FPS
but however when i press the record button it always drops to 6-7FPS and it does that with every game Also with OverGrowth where my average FPS is about 90-110 and when i set the settings to low on all of my games, lower my pc's resolution, put my computer on high preformance and boost my pc with razor's gamebooster my game Still drops to 6-7.
Please help.
Specs pc:
Graphic card: ATI Mobility radeon HD 5470 512mb(overclocked)
Proccesor's: Intel Core i3 M70 240Ghz X4
4cpu.
4Gig's of ram ddr2 Or 3 i dont exactly know.
Please help.
Thank you.

Pariah

Pariah

kadaver21 wrote:

Specs pc:
4cpu.

I'm sorry...what...

you're playing BF3 at 90-70 FPS...with an i3 processor and a card that was on the low-end, back in 2010?

Yeah, I call botshit.

Last edited by Pariah on 2013-03-08, 21:12; edited 1 time in total

Ante

Ante

Well then.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Pariah wrote:
kadaver21 wrote:

Specs pc:
4cpu.

I'm sorry...what...

you're playing BF3 at 90-70 FPS...with an i3 processor and a card that was on the low-end, back in 2010?

Yeah, I call butshit.

kadaver21

[quote="Pariah"]
kadaver21 wrote:

Specs pc:
4cpu.

I'm sorry...what...

Well i've forgot to mension the game, I'm sorry.
The game was Minecraft, I've modded it but it shouldnt matter and even if i have a fresh game i'm still having this problem.
and no it wasnt bf3 i think with my graphic card it isnt able to run that game on low but however my cpu is so, why would you only look at my cpu as you said that and i3 wouldnt run that game, Well it does Believe me Wink and 1 more thing thats a 4cpu and im able to overclock it.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

to be fair I've read indeed on many sites that bf3 is a GPU intensive game. I've seen many recommend the sandy bridge pentium dual core g860 and like a HD7870 for budget builds

Pariah

Pariah

kadaver21 wrote:
Pariah wrote:
kadaver21 wrote:

Specs pc:
4cpu.

I'm sorry...what...

The game was Minecraft, I've modded it but it shouldnt matter and even if i have a fresh game i'm still having this problem.
and no it wasnt bf3 i think with my graphic card it isnt able to run that game on low but however my cpu is so, why would you only look at my cpu as you said that and i3 wouldnt run that game, Well it does Believe me Wink and 1 more thing thats a 4cpu and im able to overclock it.

still calling bullshit. this reeks of shitty bots.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Pariah wrote:

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Pariah wrote:
kadaver21 wrote:
Pariah wrote:
kadaver21 wrote:

Specs pc:
4cpu.

I'm sorry...what...

I don't know dude...it's too coherent to be a bot.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

>__> I figure making a thread on a site like tomshardware would of been faster/better than signing up to a random old bad company 2 forum >__>

Chewy

Chewy

Well this thread does show up at the top of google search results when you search for something similar to the title, so it's not that weird. The SeC usually shows up pretty high up in Google's results for whatever reason. You guys are just paranoid, the attack of the pron bots is over.

As for the hard drive being the problem, I wouldn't think a modern regular hard drive would drop it that low. Maybe if you're writing to an external USB one, but I mean I've recorded AC:Brotherhood at 60fps with no problem and I have a regular spinny disk hard drive. So unless yours is messed up or old(which it seems like it could be both in your case Art), a SSD wouldn't fix an FPS drop that low.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Chewy wrote:the attack of the pron bots is over.

Never has a phrase been both so sad and yet relieving at the same time.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:
Chewy wrote:the attack of the pron bots is over.

Never has a phrase been both so sad and yet relieving at the same time.

You mean we can finally return to the surface?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I heard it's actually very bad to record gameplay/vids to a SSD because it would use up it's read/write cycles too quickly

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum