New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fraps good for recording gameplay?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Just wondering if there's something better out there to record gameplay? or is fraps good enough?

I might get into recording vids when I get my GPU.

I know there's Dxtory but that seems like a pain to setup.

Dxtory is better

Fraps is easier

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I always wanted to get into recording gameplay but it seemed kinda overwhelming to me. I know I read you should have like a second hdd to record it to,and I heard it's actually bad to use fraps on a ssd because it'll wear out the read/write pretty fast *shrug*

If you are looking for something that is free, try MSI Afterburner or OBS.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Tom wrote:If you are looking for something that is free, try MSI Afterburner or OBS.

Go home Tom, You are drunk! Razz

I think you meant to post that in Jr's thread haha.

Tom drunk?

Interesting.....

HydrasBreath wrote:
Tom wrote:If you are looking for something that is free, try MSI Afterburner or OBS.

No lol. MSI afterburner can record video, and it is pretty decent. OBS is generally for streaming, but allows local recording and it works really well.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Tom wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:

No lol. MSI afterburner can record video, and it is pretty decent. OBS is generally for streaming, but allows local recording and it works really well.

oh damn I didn't know that I thought MSI afterburner was just an overclocking tool. I'll look into it then. Thanks Tom!

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Fraps.

good: easy to record and set up, i use the free version to take 30s clips of bugs in games for support/testing purposes.

bad: stuck at native resolution (it records the same resoultion as your display), stuck at 30 FPS (ie when recording, you play at 30 fps)

DXTORY:

good: can record at 720 while game plays at 1080, game can play at 60 FPS and record at 30 FPS (smoother gameplay while recording).

cons: more complicated.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum