New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finally getting the hang of jets.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

The F35 in particular. It's actually pretty fun to fly if you know how. Made some adjustments to my mouse sensitivity and have been practicing. Trial by fire was Wake Island and I've finally learned where to hold when making strafing runs on infantry.

Now just to figure out how to fly well enough to get away from enemy jets.

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

Getting away from enemy jets in an F35? You must be mistaken.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I actually did it on a few occassions. But then again, I was dominating them in dog fights too, so they were just not as good I suppose. I've seen a few aces who destroyed with the F35 against what appeared to be equally competent pilots.

Good stuff Smile

Here's an example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22ndqY5ffKk

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I've never been able to get away from a jet when he's on my ass.Flares seem very very inconsistent as well.....I just bail out lol

mostly use jets to go into the enemy base and steal their attack chopper XD

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

? they use the missiles on console? They're pretty much worthless on PC, most pilots are pretty decent and know when to blow flares and are too erratic to ever get a solid lock before the flares recharge.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I've been trying out air radar lately but it hasn't helped me any,guess I'll go back to stealth. I'm like almost to unlocking extinguisher on jets,I use the guided rocket mostly,but they flare alot and it seems really inconsistent as well,sometimes it'll actually hit them on a good hit,but get no hit markers Sad

Last edited by JrTapia1991 on 2012-08-12, 20:02; edited 1 time in total

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

If you're right on their ass within less than 100m or so, even if you flare the AA missiles will still hit you. If they're farther away and they pop flares, the missiles will fly away and miss.

As it is right now on the PC, against any competent pilot, you'll always ALWAYS want to engaged them with your guns. Anything else will be an exercise in frustration. If I have a particularly good run tonight I'll record it and post it up here so you can see what I mean.

There used to be a means to fly without popping flares and you could essentially shake them, but since the patch, that tactic no longer works sadly, or is completely unreliable.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

do you think ECM jammer is even worth it?I've seen alot of good pilots use it,even in attack choppers and they were such a pain in the ass to kill. combine it with stealth and it's a real pain Evil or Very Mad

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Attack choppers yes, ECM is a good thing. Gunner should run flares, jets, no, currently the ECM jammer' are bugged and even when you pop them prior to a lock, you will still be locked on.

Understand though, this is PC, and I'm not sure how this would apply on console since the community is like the Moon is to Venus, completely different.

Lately, I've just been running with this setup.

Air Radar
Flares
Rocket pods

I fly with a K/B & M at half vehicle sensitivity, and do pretty well for the most part. I'm also learning from a Colonel 100 who has well over 3k kills in an F18 so...yeah, and his one female friend who is equally as good. (she's 16 guys, so jail bait for a good portion of us lol)

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Artimise Flare wrote:I'm also learning from a Colonel 100 who has well over 3k kills in an F18 so...yeah, and his one female friend who is equally as good. (she's 16 guys, so jail bait for a good portion of us lol)

Cool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum