the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tx cop stops theater shooting

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tx cop stops theater shooting Empty Tx cop stops theater shooting 2013-01-02, 14:33

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

happened in San Antonio. Kinda convenient the media won't cover this though huh?

"AWESOME!!!!! Sgt. Lisa Castellano, of the Bexar County Sheriff's Dept was awarded the Medal of Valor today, in San Antonio, for taking down a shooter inside a theater Sunday night. She was off duty, working security. Her actions & bravery ended his rampage. Let's GIVE HER A STANDING OVATION with "Likes"!!! (PLEASE do not try to turn this into a 2nd Amendment/gun control debate. This site is a "Politics-Free" oasis.) So please keep your comments related to CONGRATULATING and THANKING Sgt Castellano & off-duty SAISD Police Officer, Armondo Olguin who was also recognized for his role in apprehending the shooter. --CG

The gunman had already shot one bystander, so who knows how many others he would've wounded or killed!! Hearing this news actually made me cry... joyful tears!

PLEASE SHARE & cross-post this. THIS is a story that SHOULD go viral!!! Although the story was reported in the local news, it's not gone National. If WE can make it "viral", then maybe the Nat'l MSM will pick up the story. Sgt. Castellano & Officer Olguin DESERVE the recognition. And I sincerely believe many folks in our country would benefit from hearing THIS news...especially right now.

Per Kens5 TV, "Castellano, who was off duty, yelled for people inside the theater to get down on the ground." [Then Castellano ran towards the sound of the gunfire.] Castellano ordered him to drop his weapon. When he refused, she shot him multiple times. [She didn't know at this time the gunman had already shot a bystander & had shot out the windshield of a police cruiser in the parking lot, when the officer shined a spot light on him. The officer was unharmed.]

"I'm not going to lie; it was frightening," Castellano said. "But, you know, the training kicks in. And thank you to the sheriff's office for all of the training that we're given."

This link is the story as told by an eyewitness, who'd been shot in the back. Yami Virgin with KABB News interviewed this man who is lucky to be alive!
http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/vid_13314.shtml

Here's an interview with Sgt. Lisa, by KSAT-TV regarding this award. She is SO humble!! She gives total credit to her Sheriff's dept training. She said she was "just doing her job." (Great officers are never really off-duty.)
http://www.ksat.com/news/Officers-recognized-for-heroic-efforts-at-theater-shooting/-/478452/17838678/-/1hq7d5z/-/index.html

The shooter was listed in critical condition. His bond is set at 10 million dollars for attempted capital murder and attempted murder.

Again, SHARE & cross-post this. THIS is a story that WE CAN MAKE GO VIRAL, like it deserves!! If we spread it enough, even if the MSM doesn't pick up the story, people will hear about it! Sgt. Castellano & Officer Olguin DESERVE the recognition. And I sincerely believe our country would benefit by hearing THIS news!! --CG"

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

good for her. Its nice to always know there are some people who are valiant enough to risk their own lives for the sake of others.

Pariah

Pariah

I told this story during AP Bio today. That was a really nice thing to talk about.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Pretty lame of our news media that this is the first I've heard of this. This should have been much bigger in the news and "around the water cooler".

Thanks for posting or I never would have known.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Metalzoic wrote:Pretty lame of our news media that this is the first I've heard of this. This should have been much bigger in the news and "around the water cooler".

Thanks for posting or I never would have known.

I agree and you're welcome

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum