We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Half life 2 is just great

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Half life 2 is just great Empty Half life 2 is just great 2013-03-05, 13:33

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I haven't played this game for years and years, since I had it for original xbox. But I bought the orange box yesterday and started playing it again and it just reminded me how well crafted this game was.

FPS campaigns anymore just don't seem to have the style, pacing, and imagination that this game boasts. Other than the Bioshock series I can't name a FPS that even comes close. I can't even really explain it better than that. I just sat there for 2 hours last night and was blown away at how much I was enjoying the gameplay of this 9 year old game.

2Half life 2 is just great Empty Re: Half life 2 is just great 2013-03-05, 13:38

Chewy

Chewy

It is an amazing game. I remember when it first came out I was completely blown away by it. Played it again several years later, still awesome. It's crazy how well the Source engine still holds up.

I think we're going to be in for a treat whenever HL3 comes out, if it does before all of us are dead.

3Half life 2 is just great Empty Re: Half life 2 is just great 2013-03-05, 16:14

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

it's a really cool game I thought that had alot of attention to detail. I had Orange Box back in like 2009 but traded it in after only beating Portal which I really liked. Beat HL2 on the original xbox,but the 360 version was really nice with the water effects,etc.

I really like that Ravenholme Zombie level at night....that's as far as I got in the game on the 360 version,that railroad with snipers afterwards

cool soundtrack too

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5TJqOHC7ycE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4Half life 2 is just great Empty Re: Half life 2 is just great 2013-03-05, 17:18

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Can't wait to play episode 2 and 3 as well. I have never had the chance to play either of those, and now I have them with orange box!

How is team fortress 2? I've heard good things but never actually tried it. Wonder if its still active on 360?

5Half life 2 is just great Empty Re: Half life 2 is just great 2013-03-05, 17:32

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I never cared to try it really,seemed pretty cheesy to me.

I never got to play the Episodes either.

I don't think TF2 was very active on the xbox,they never got the constant patches that the pc version got

6Half life 2 is just great Empty Re: Half life 2 is just great 2013-03-05, 18:13

Chewy

Chewy

TF2 wasn't all that active on 360 back when I played it years ago. This is when they still had a slight bit of hope for patches.

But in an act of rebellion against Microsoft, Valve never released the TF2 updates for the 360.

7Half life 2 is just great Empty Re: Half life 2 is just great 2013-03-05, 18:16

Id be willing to bet TF2 on the 360 is a ghost town

8Half life 2 is just great Empty Re: Half life 2 is just great 2013-03-05, 18:34

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Not worried. I bought the orange box for portal and half life. TF2 was just an afterthought and wouldn't have seen more than 5 hours even if it was active more than likely.

9Half life 2 is just great Empty Re: Half life 2 is just great 2013-03-05, 18:36

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

yeah... considering how most machines can run TF2 (i played on an ATI HD3650 for christs sake) i see little reason to play the 360 version Razz

10Half life 2 is just great Empty Re: Half life 2 is just great 2013-03-05, 18:38

TF2 with a controller = insanity

IMO

11Half life 2 is just great Empty Re: Half life 2 is just great 2013-03-05, 18:40

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

well it certainly is if everyone else is using a KBM Razz it would be fine on console since everyone would be using the controller Smile

talking of old series, started playing Thief again. started with Thief Gold (never played before) then im moving on the the more familiar Thief The Metal Age and then the much loved Thief Deadly Shadows... loved that game so much.

12Half life 2 is just great Empty Re: Half life 2 is just great 2013-03-05, 23:41

Chewy

Chewy

Yeah the source games aren't exactly made for a controller. They're still fun, but TF2 is pretty sloppy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum