Chewy
Duck
Kitsune
chunckylover53
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New xbox "Always on" Empty New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-20, 20:41

chunckylover53

http://www.edge-online.com/news/new-always-on-always-connected-durango-leak-is-real/

2New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-20, 20:43

Kitsune

Kitsune

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

3New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-20, 21:02

Duck

Duck

not if i unplug it bitches

4New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-20, 21:25

Chewy

Chewy

Alright, so it's basically like the Wii.

Real creative Microsoft.

It does reveal, however, that all games on Blu-Ray will be installed onto the console’s hard drive, and that play from the optical disc will not be supported. Game players will, however, be able to play games as they are being installed on the console.

Wait, what the fuck? That's fucked up.

5New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-21, 08:11

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Fuck that shit. Always bullshit.

Thanks for inflating my electrical bill MS.

Whatever happened to powering shit on? Is this concept really being lost on consumers, or do they just think we're that lazy?

6New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-21, 10:38

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

when I'm not using my xbox I unplug it anyway most of the time,just been lazy here lately about it.

I expect a huge push towards this and casual crap,instead of focusing on new good games. Nope! Let's just rehash the same shooters and sequels year after year

7New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-21, 11:59

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I hate this. Maybe I'm getting older, but the more people talk about the new systems the less likely I may be to get one.

8New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-21, 12:05

chunckylover53

It's something i can't really believe untill i actually see it to be honest, but it doesn't really bother me.

9New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-21, 12:24

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

meh, im not getting the next gen Xbox then. always online can piss off and i dont want to have to install everything on my HDD if i want to play it since that eats up so much space. unless they decide to grow a brain and throw in some 500 GB HDDs then its going to be an issue.

10New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-21, 23:18

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Why exactly does everyone seem to be freaking out about this?
The Wii is always on and connected, but I don't remember it causing any kind of big stir. They also made it sound like the PS4 will now auto download in the background or at night, which means it to would be always on/always connected.

It probably runs on just enough juice to keep it in standby and check every online few hours to make sure all is well.

11New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-21, 23:50

Chewy

Chewy

Metalzoic wrote:Why exactly does everyone seem to be freaking out about this?
The Wii is always on and connected, but I don't remember it causing any kind of big stir. They also made it sound like the PS4 will now auto download in the background or at night, which means it to would be always on/always connected.

It probably runs on just enough juice to keep it in standby and check every online few hours to make sure all is well.

You can turn the Wii completely off, just hold the button down.

Not sure if you're going to be able to do this to the new Xbox, but even if you can't I agree with you.

Just to let you guys know most electronics are always on to some extent, to keep a clock running at the very least.

12New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-21, 23:51

Yea I dont see this as a big deal. You could always unplug the shit

Still, probably not going to be getting one of these

13New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-22, 02:30

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

If you turn off the power of a PC, it also still uses power. Standby mode is more consuming than you think. Same goes for turning consoles off but keeping them plugged in, though probably not to the same degree.

14New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-22, 12:23

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

if games are on blu ray,which will probably end up being uncompressed audio taking up alot of space like how it was on most ps3 games from what I've read.....they'll need to include some big hard drives. Nothing being said if it's single layer 25gb blu ray or the dual layer 50gb shit Razz

like for the Wii U,some fighting game available to download was 20something gigs I think from awhile back reading the gfaqs Wii U board, and the console memory for the premium version was only 32gb

15New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-23, 20:14

Khfan60

Khfan60

Duck wrote:not if i unplug it bitches

Heh. Came in to post this

16New xbox "Always on" Empty Re: New xbox "Always on" 2013-03-24, 01:33

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Fuck the new XBOX, bring on the XBOX 420!

New xbox "Always on" 386543_223135347829764_1489987441_n

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum