New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[ASUS mobo] Network iControl is fucking garbage

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I don't know if you can get this as a stand alone thing or if there are other similar things out there but it's part of the software suite that came with my mobo.

It claims it'll prioritize your packets for a "better and faster online and gaming experience"

so I set it all up and told it what programs to give priority to and all that jazz and I've been using it ever since I got my rig up and running and I've always been wondering why my internet connection has been so crappy lately because I have fiber and it should be bad ass. Thought maybe they were upgrading the network or some shit.

Well I finally found the culprit. Stupid Network iControl has been throttling me like a motherfucker.

Here's with it on

[ASUS mobo] Network iControl is fucking garbage 2716932152

and here's off

[ASUS mobo] Network iControl is fucking garbage 2716940632

that difference is fucking ridiculous! No wonder youtube and torrents were being slow as shit.

So yeah if you have this crap program turn that shit off!

StormEye

StormEye

My ASUS mobo comes with ROG Gamer First II. Software used to control it is basically from cFosSpeed.

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but mine actually does what its supposed to do. Or at the very least, do not hinder my speed.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

[ASUS mobo] Network iControl is fucking garbage 2717060985

u guise mad jelly

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

StormEye wrote:My ASUS mobo comes with ROG Gamer First II. Software used to control it is basically from cFosSpeed.

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing, but mine actually does what its supposed to do. Or at the very least, do not hinder my speed.

well mine you tell it what programs/games you want to have high/normal/low priority and it's supposed to prioritize your packets and traffic so things don't bog down your gaming session.

It might have something to do with me being on wireless instead of being plugged to the wall or maybe it's just not meant to handle a fiber internet connection...I don't know but it feels nice to have badass internet again.

chunckylover53

MEGA MILK wrote:[ASUS mobo] Network iControl is fucking garbage 2717060985

u guise mad jelly

I didn't even know it was possible to have those kinds of speeds.

StormEye

StormEye

HydrasBreath wrote:well mine you tell it what programs/games you want to have high/normal/low priority and it's supposed to prioritize your packets and traffic so things don't bog down your gaming session.

It might have something to do with me being on wireless instead of being plugged to the wall or maybe it's just not meant to handle a fiber internet connection...I don't know but it feels nice to have badass internet again.

Thats basically what ROG Gamer First II does as well.

I think, as you mentioned, its probably due to you using wireless.

Chewy

Chewy

Jesus fuck your internet is good as shit.

I was thinking about upgrading to 15mbps from 3 thinking that's all fancy and shit...

But anyways that must be a really shitty program. I don't think mine came with anything like that, I've got an Asrock mobo which I think is the same dudes but I've checked all my processes and I don't think any of them have anything to do with prioritizing internet stuff.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Chewy wrote:Jesus fuck your internet is good as shit.

I was thinking about upgrading to 15mbps from 3 thinking that's all fancy and shit...

But anyways that must be a really shitty program. I don't think mine came with anything like that, I've got an Asrock mobo which I think is the same dudes but I've checked all my processes and I don't think any of them have anything to do with prioritizing internet stuff.

Yeah I've never actually had a good enough computer to take advantage of the full speed of my internet connection untill now. But then it was being all slow as shit and I was getting pretty frustrated.

I was at like 20Mb/s down 10Mb/s up before with my laptop but I didn't have a 802.11n capable wireless card in there.

If some kind of software or tool suite came with your mobo you'd most likely find it in there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum