JrTapia1991
Ante
The Adli Corporation
Kenshiro
HydrasBreath ♜
Artimise Flare
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1[BF4] Beta first impressions Empty [BF4] Beta first impressions 2013-10-01, 09:59

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Okay so me Jr and Prototype ran a few games with each other last night, and after a shakey start (at least for me) and a few server crashes later, we were actually were able to continue enjoying the game without any real hiccups.

To spare you from my typical wall of text, I'll try to keep it sweet and simple.

Gunplay: solid; looks like they've improved the handling of a lot of guns, almost to the point that some are too good

Vehicles: again solid, feel heavy when driving, powerful when shooting and are relatively durable when not getting hammered. Though there appears to be more she'll drop than there was in BF3, still need to play more to confirm.

Map: we only have one, and it's not bad, Paracel storm I feel would have been more interesting IMHO

Optimization: since it's beta, there is a lot to be desired here, while I can likely run the game at max with SLI 570's the game will big down for unknown reasons in situations where the SHTF. But again, beta is beta.

Overall; I'm loving the new additions, and so far, am looking forward to the final product.

See y'all on the battlefield.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Yeah the movements and gunplay seem alot smoother compared to BF3. Definitely less clunky and heavy feeling when you're running around.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

UPDATE

In regards to armor, I was wring, it was just my noobness and not compensating enough for drop and being away from playing armor for so damn long.

As such, armor is absolutely amazing now. It takes quite a few rockets to take out a tank, and shot placement I must say is something that I cannot stress enough. From the front or striking the turret, a tank can take up to 6-7+ shots to kill, yes SIX TO SEVEN PLUS depending.

I experienced this first hand when I narrowly escaped death several times while driving around. Shots to the side appear to do more damage, upwards to 20% of your total HP. The nature of how the turret depresses now looks like it'll allow you to utilize tactics such as going "hull down". This is extremely invaluable when fighting on maps like Siege of shanghai where you can take advantage of the stairs (provided you have good infantry cover) to limit how much of your tank is exposed.

Now, the biggest change I've seen, and this is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO NOTE!

Tanks now have "magazines". Off hand, you have 4 shells ready to fire off in rapid succession, however once you exhaust those four shells, you are literally defenseless against enemy armor for a what feels like an eternity (upwards to 5-10sec) before you reload a single shell.

If you plan on going with "Panzerkraft" in BF4, pay attention to how many shots you fire while duking out with other armor, because that reload time can and will get you killed.

Second thing to take not, is that where your crosshairs are, is not exactly where the shell will fire, the cannon, being offset to the right of the camera, will still strike things that are in front of it even if your crosshairs are in the clear.

Best to be aware of this, especially when in tight confined locations and city fighting.

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

I shot a tank twice in the back, same spot, with the RPG. It went boom.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

MH wrote:I shot a tank twice in the back, same spot, with the RPG. It went boom.
of course it went boom. they don't like it up 'em (captain mainwaring).

Ante

Ante

the RPG does quite a bit more damage now if you fire it without locking. Tanks do seem to be more armored from the front now, though.

also M320s do an insane amount of damage to tanks considering what they are. had an assault get me down to 55% from 3 grenades. hopefully some sort of bug.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah m320s seem really strong against vehicles, not sure how strong that support infared launcher is

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Ante wrote:the RPG does quite a bit more damage now if you fire it without locking. Tanks do seem to be more armored from the front now, though.

also M320s do an insane amount of damage to tanks considering what they are. had an assault get me down to 55% from 3 grenades. hopefully some sort of bug.
I actually took out a tank with an m320. of course, Khult had already put two tank shells into it, but I still got a destroy and kill.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I was killed by 320's in a tank at least 2 times and also killed by the air-burst launcher in a tank once.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Haven't had that happen to me yet, but there definitely needs to be some balancing there.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

I think it's fine. I like you how you don't feel useless because you're not an engie when a tank comes along. At worst, you're ill equipped, but can still do damage.

Ante

Ante

15 damage per 40mm grenade seems a bit much. Especially for a non rear shot (giggity.)

but yeah, beta.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Shotgun Dismemberment wrote:I think it's fine. I like you how you don't feel useless because you're not an engie when a tank comes along. At worst, you're ill equipped, but can still do damage.
Ante wrote:15 damage per 40mm grenade seems a bit much. Especially for a non rear shot (giggity.)

but yeah, beta.
I agree with both of you. I think it is good that you can damage a tank enough with those to make it take notice or possibly retreat.

Just needs to find a good balance.

Also: This morning I killed a tank with the airburst launcher. Twas' glorius!

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Ah yes, the airburst launcher. Good old PK-74, not stuck to the Assault class anymore, nor with the adjustable range, but the same thing nonetheless.

Now if only I had an ammo box to go along with it instead of a bullet pack.

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

MH wrote:Ah yes, the airburst launcher. Good old PK-74, not stuck to the Assault class anymore, nor with the adjustable range, but the same thing nonetheless.

Now if only I had an ammo box to go along with it instead of a bullet pack.
Ammo box is last upgrade for support in beta.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

UPDATE II: Okay so after playing a number of rounds with the SEC crew (and raging in their ears a few times) I feel my understanding of the beta has improved quite a bit.

Now that I have a better handeling on the SR's making long range shots feels very good and satisfying. The zeroing system helps a great deal, especially when you are trying to take out those pesky snipers that like to camp on top of the sky scrapers.

That said, there are times where hit registration seems a bit wonky, though this is applicable to all weapons and is not limited to the recon kit alone.

DMR's feel extremely satisfying to use, and are still a two shot to kill to the head at medium to long range.

Intriguing enough is that upon unlock, you start off with iron sights, and due to the changes in suppression, you don't feel handicapped while running around using them. The generous magazine capacity also makes medium range engagements much more viable than in BF3.

On the topic of side arms, now that I've gotten used to them, between the two available, the M9 feels superior to the SIG P226. This is most likely due to the recoil pattern, and it feels more predictable as opposed to the P226. Damage is good, though there are still moments where I call shenanigans on how fast the AK12 manages to kill me (not sure if it's a bug or if it's intended) and I can pretty much assure you that it will receive a nerf before the final game comes out or it will be nerfed post launch.

All in all, my opinion still stands, and despite all the BS that goes on, I find myself enjoying the beta immensely more over BF3. IMHO, BF4 is the true successor to BF2.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:UPDATE II: Okay so after playing a number of rounds with the SEC crew (and raging in their ears a few times) I feel my understanding of the beta has improved quite a bit.

Now that I have a better handeling on the SR's making long range shots feels very good and satisfying. The zeroing system helps a great deal, especially when you are trying to take out those pesky snipers that like to camp on top of the sky scrapers.

That said, there are times where hit registration seems a bit wonky, though this is applicable to all weapons and is not limited to the recon kit alone.

DMR's feel extremely satisfying to use, and are still a two shot to kill to the head at medium to long range.

Intriguing enough is that upon unlock, you start off with iron sights, and due to the changes in suppression, you don't feel handicapped while running around using them. The generous magazine capacity also makes medium range engagements much more viable than in BF3.

On the topic of side arms, now that I've gotten used to them, between the two available, the M9 feels superior to the SIG P226. This is most likely due to the recoil pattern, and it feels more predictable as opposed to the P226. Damage is good, though there are still moments where I call shenanigans on how fast the AK12 manages to kill me (not sure if it's a bug or if it's intended) and I can pretty much assure you that it will receive a nerf before the final game comes out or it will be nerfed post launch.

All in all, my opinion still stands, and despite all the BS that goes on, I find myself enjoying the beta immensely more over BF3. IMHO, BF4 is the true successor to BF2.
That P226 I swear to god...It's like that scene in pulp fiction sometimes where my whole mag of bullets will just magically go around the guy.

Can be so frustrating.

Ante

Ante

I found hitreg can be especially bad in vehicles. not to mention that with the MBT the shells don't seem fire from the right angle making it really fucking hard to fire over cover that's close by.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Ante wrote:I found hitreg can be especially bad in vehicles. not to mention that with the MBT the shells don't seem fire from the right angle making it really fucking hard to fire over cover that's close by.
im not sure whether the LMG has shit hitreg or if the spread is screwing me over, but ive dumped entire mags at people and they've killed me with a pistol :S

I get insta killed all the time in the beta

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Alright, comparison time.

Who has!

An emblem.

That's what I've been doing when I'm not playing and have a comp on me, just designing my signs. Do they show up in game?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

we should get a SeC emblem.

we need the stripper in a cocktail glass.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Ante wrote:I found hitreg can be especially bad in vehicles. not to mention that with the MBT the shells don't seem fire from the right angle making it really fucking hard to fire over cover that's close by.
Yeah I wondered if the "insane drop" on the mbt shells isn't some kind of bug or glitch because I've shot at a tank that's just a few meters away and hit the ground in front when the crosshairs were right on the tank.

Ante

Ante

I made an emblem and it's shown up on the tank barrel a few times.

[BF4] Beta first impressions VD994a1

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

AK-12 on burst is so good, holy shit. Like, Abakan from BC2 pre-nerf good.

Ante

Ante

Yeah everyone is using/whining about the AK-12 and I'm just over here sniping people with my PP-2000...

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

[BF4] Beta first impressions Re10

Excellent.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Ante wrote:Yeah everyone is using/whining about the AK-12 and I'm just over here sniping people with my PP-2000...
SMGs aren't bad either, as long as you fit couple headshots in there.

I haven't used the support weapons much, but their from I could tell, movement accuracy is still super shitty.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

MEGA MILK wrote:
Ante wrote:Yeah everyone is using/whining about the AK-12 and I'm just over here sniping people with my PP-2000...
SMGs aren't bad either, as long as you fit  couple headshots in there.

I haven't used the support weapons much, but their from I could tell, movement accuracy is still super shitty.
Not from my play. That default LMG is a laser beam and I've been regularly dropping enemies from a further distance than I would even attempt in BF3.

BmmFlash

BmmFlash

Metalzoic wrote:
MEGA MILK wrote:

Not from my play. That default LMG is a laser beam and I've been regularly dropping enemies from a further distance than I would even attempt in BF3.
And just like that I am at ease with this game.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Sym wrote:I get insta killed all the time in the beta

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

MEGA MILK wrote:AK-12 on burst is so good, holy shit. Like, Abakan from BC2 pre-nerf good.
Abakan, you say?

I have to try that before it's nerfed.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

lmao, I'll have to try it Razz didn't even know it could do burst,just thought it was a reskin of the ak74,that happens to insta kill me

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Metalzoic wrote:
MEGA MILK wrote:

Yeah the U100 mk5 is awesome. I've gotten multiple 3 man sprays with it.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I've not yet unlocked the belt fed LMG's but the default one is absolutely amazing.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:I've not yet unlocked the belt fed LMG's but the default one is absolutely amazing.
T88 isn't that great...at least with no attachments. A muzzle break and a grip might make it decent.

but yeah the U100 overshadows it.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

HydrasBreath wrote:
Artimise Flare wrote:I've not yet unlocked the belt fed LMG's but the default one is absolutely amazing.
T88 isn't that great...at least with no attachments. A muzzle break and a grip might make it decent.

but yeah the U100 overshadows it.
Makes sense considering it's essentially an Assault rifle on steroids.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Yeah. I prefer the default. The 88 is awesome due to that big ass belt though.

I really, really think it was a smart decision for them, to remove any type of extended mags and instead use mag size to help balance weapons.

So smart in fact that I suspect it wasn't actually DICE's idea because they are brain dead fuck-tard idiots. The janitor probably suggested it to them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum