New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

[BF4] Stupid question about the mortar.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

So after you fire off a volley, does it slowly recharge like the vehicles ammo or do I need to do something else? Most of the time it doesn't seem to recharge for me. Do I need to resupply the mortar or something? Just curious because I find it useful for annoying roof campers.

Also, I was wondering if it shoots high enough to hit the bastards on top of the sky scrapers on Dawnbreaker.

StormEye

StormEye

If you did not know, mortar is nerfed dramatically from launch.

You CANNOT GET A SECOND MORTAR unless you either get killed or use commander supply crate to change kit. You also get much higher inaccuracy per shot than before.

Recharge time for it is also nerfed, but it DOES recharge. But here is a dirty trick if you want to exploit the system. After you spend all rounds, pick it up, and redeploy it. You get instant mortar ready rounds back into the chamber.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

It's more for harassment than anything else

StormEye

StormEye

Its very useful on Rush, as long as whole team is doing the same thing.

Ante

Ante

Mortar is pretty deadly. I have no issues getting kills with it. Also, they already fixed the pick-up-redeploy-for-more-ammo exploit. Believe me, I tried it last night, haha.

It doesn't seem to have smoke rounds anymore though which is lame.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

How high does the mortar shells arc? Can you clear the some of the sky scrapers on Dawnbreaker with it?

Ante

Ante

I've used the mortar to kill roof campers on shanghai and dawnbreaker so yes.

Edit: The mortar WILL hit the side of skyscrapers if you don't place it right though. It needs a decent amount of space in front of where you're aiming.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Biggest problem areas are the buildings by B flag, bastards love camping around there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum