Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody like or ever try "scissor" type gaming keyboard? (sorta like laptop)

+8
The Adli Corporation
HydrasBreath ♜
Pariah
Shinma
Ante
Epyk MD
Chewy
JrTapia1991
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I love on my new laptop how the keys are flat, I hear not many scissor or "chiclet" type keyboards are available. Surprisingly the Razer deathstalker one is available here at the rinky dink walmart.

after using my laptop for awhile....I actually hate typing on this desktop logitech regular k120. bleh.

anyways here's the Razer I'm talking about.

I heard not long ago Gigabyte released one called the K7 Force but got rather bleh reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-DeathStalker-Expert-Gaming-Keyboard/dp/B009SJR28W/

Chewy

Chewy

I can only use mechanical now, but I do prefer scissor over rubber dome.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

ive been one of those 12 inch Logitech WITH mouse trackpand and buttons.

anything would be better than this >.>

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I've been debating awhile over which mechanical to get if I did get one. I heard blues are cool,but noisy and would annoy people >_>, and not the best for fps some vids and reviews were claiming.

idk, maybe brown switches, heard they were best for beginners (but they usually come with bleh colors, being backlit was the main thing I wanted)

but I mean hell, if I played so many hours of bf3 and 4 with this membrane cheap logitech k120, even blues would be a big step up? I either wanted blue or red backlit, I hardly see any green backlit besides the razer blackwidow

Ante

Ante

I scissor my keyboard all the time.

wait what?

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

well hell, I'll just get the razer blackwidow with the blue mechanical keys and get o rings for it, saw on a review how much more quiet they make it. I had heard of o-rings before but didn't check them out much.

Shinma

Shinma

I was going to get the black widow as well, but Razer's new thing is making all their led's green and discontinuing the old colors.

I use this one now: http://www.amazon.com/ROCCAT-Mechanical-Keyboard-Per-Key-Illumination/dp/B00FB4BUMW/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1387230379&sr=1-3&keywords=roccat+ryos+mk+pro

I live and die by blue cherry MX switches.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Shinma wrote:I was going to get the black widow as well, but Razer's new thing is making all their led's green and discontinuing the old colors.

I use this one now: http://www.amazon.com/ROCCAT-Mechanical-Keyboard-Per-Key-Illumination/dp/B00FB4BUMW/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1387230379&sr=1-3&keywords=roccat+ryos+mk+pro

I live and die by blue cherry MX switches.

god damn, even on sale that price tag made me throw up a little.

Shinma

Shinma

Still came out to $170 after tax, shipping, and handling. Amazon thinks they're slick.

Pariah

Pariah

Chiclet keys are the second worst thing in history.

Mechanical keyboards are amazing, and I will never go back. But damn dude, using chiclet keys on them is just bad. I tried out the Deathstalker, and it took me exactly three hours to get to the point where I wanted my black widow back.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Yeah I'm planning on finally getting the black widow with the blue o-ring dampeners on it Razz

this laptop keyboard is extremely satisfying to type on compared to my desktop leogitech k120 though lol.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Mechanical is just fucking sexy. And yeah blue switches are the shit.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

im using a laptop keyboard atm, left my external one at uni cause it wouldnt fit in the laptop bag.

i'd like to get a mechanical keyboard but no idea where to go to actually try out the different switches Razz

Chewy

Chewy

The Adli Corporation wrote:im using a laptop keyboard atm, left my external one at uni cause it wouldnt fit in the laptop bag.

i'd like to get a mechanical keyboard but no idea where to go to actually try out the different switches Razz

Move to the US and go to a Micro Center or Best Buy.

I think you can also order Cherry MX sample kits somewhere online.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

here's a pretty good vid on mechanical keyboards Razz

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

JrTapia1991 wrote:here's a pretty good vid on mechanical keyboards Razz

[flạsh(425,350)]https://www.youtube.com/v/2OfUAQiIOWQ[/flạsh]

Thumbs up 

Tek Syndicate are awesome! They are one of the few channels I follow religiously on youtube.

Zillah

Zillah

The names they come up with for keyboards...

Shinma

Shinma

Zillah ☭ wrote:The names they come up with for keyboards...

Don't be jelly cus I pwnz u with my Steel Series Thunderhead Vag Smasher XTCD 9500 Tournament Edition.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah some names are cheesy as hell lol. But when I finally typed on something better than a 10 dollar keyboard I felt the difference 0__o, the lights are just a bonus

Pariah

Pariah

I've realized something odd. The two nicest keyboards I've ever used were my black widow and my laptop keyboard. Nothing else compares, which confuses me so much. By all rights, the laptop keyboard should be terrible, it just happens to feel lovely. Thought I'd never wanna game with it. For that, I turn to the black Widow.

Also, Zillah you should check out the Razer catalog. Their names are all themed around either mythical/prehistoric beasts or spiders/snakes. at times its idiotic, but some of them actually sound snazzy.

StormEye

StormEye

When I was still in competition, I used that type of keyboard. Nothing wring with it, and in fact I actually prefer them.

The only reason why I'm still not using mechanical or that type of keyboard is because I cannot part with G19's LCD screen. Its way to handy for various purposes.

RStudios

Anybody like or ever try "scissor" type gaming keyboard? (sorta like laptop) 13876510

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I still think of lesbians when I see this topic

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Frostbyrn ♚ wrote:I still think of lesbians when I see this topic

haha I totally thought of that too. I can't help but think of scissoring when I see the topic title.  Razz 

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I think of this as the Lesbian Keyboard topic

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I just always read the start as "Anybody like or ever try "scissoring"".

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

How the heck would that work Hydra!

We are like 98% guys!

What both just bouncing your balls off each other

You have some misinformed notions about gay sex my friend Very Happy

Either that or this was a topic deliberately made to get sheep to come out about her sexy college days Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum