Need for speed hot pursuit

+3
Tater
D
chunckylover53
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 06:54

Is damn incredible. I demand everyone buy this game if you like racers. The online is a blast! I see frost and mega milk are in the nfs club. We need more7

2Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 11:00

chunckylover53

Played the demo was not impressed at all.

3Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 11:01

D

I'll check out the demo and see what the hoopla is all about. I can get it for $25 through an EA contact so it might be worth it.

4Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 11:20

Tater

Tater

Idk i think of hot pursuit as Crown vic's chasing civics or olds cutlass'.

NOT bugatti veyron cop cars and Mclaren get away cars! I lost interest in the series after "carbon".

5Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 11:36

Chewy

Chewy

godscouchpotato wrote:Idk i think of hot pursuit as Crown vic's chasing civics or olds cutlass'.

NOT bugatti veyron cop cars and Mclaren get away cars! I lost interest in the series after "carbon".
I'm pretty sure they had Lamborghini cop cars on NFS III:Hot Pursuit, the first one to have cop cars.

I might check out this game but I'm really disappointed about the lack of split screen. My favorite part about the last need for speed game I bought(High Stakes) was playing the pursuit mode with my friends.

6Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 11:40

Tater

Tater

They did. BUT you had to reach a certain wanted level for that to happen. Where as all the games as of late have insta-fast cops!

Even NFS most wanted had cop cars you couldn't pit manuever or get through! it was like hittting a brick wall when trying to move them. Yet they push you around like your 2lbs.

It just got really annoying and i've given up on the series. maybe it's good but it's given me too bad a taste in my mouth to play another one!

7Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 11:51

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I was actually planning on getting it until I tried the demo. Sorry man...

8Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 11:57

D

What did you not like about it Metal man? I like hearing your thoughts on games.

9Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 14:20

chunckylover53

Metalzoic wrote:I was actually planning on getting it until I tried the demo. Sorry man...

I had the same mindset.. However i know demos dont justify games sometimes. I have enough games occupying me atm tho i might've given it a buy if i didn't since its been on sale alot.

I know you cant really compare them.. but I have very high expectations for test drive unlimited 2 i already have that pre-ordered.

10Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 14:21

D

Test Drive seems like it would be a fun SeC game.

11Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 14:25

chunckylover53

D00MSDAY DEVICE wrote:Test Drive seems like it would be a fun SeC game.

It's a very chill game not very competitive and only a small amount of challenges make you wanna rip hair out. I just bought it this year, cant believe it's been out 4 years and i've only got into it now.. but hey less waiting for a sequel. I just recently got all the achivements and i love the game it's my favorite racer.

Last edited by chunckylover53 on 2010-12-07, 14:31; edited 1 time in total

12Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 14:26

Tater

Tater

Test drive unlimited was a great game!!!

However only one or two other friends had it.

Driving around a picturesque game world of a hawaiian island was awesome! One race took you around the entire island! Which took 1hr + too complete in a mv augusta motorcycle!

There was an achievement for driving on all the roads! you had to drive everywhere to complete that. If you drove down a road for 15 miles you had to also drive it in the other direction too! Quite enraging but whatever.

13Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 15:44

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

D00MSDAY DEVICE wrote:What did you not like about it Metal man? I like hearing your thoughts on games.

Really? I don't think this one is bad. It's not so much that I didn't like it, it's more that it just felt a bit to bland and unexciting. Maybe I was just expecting something more thrilling like Burnout or Split Second, But when I had lost the urge to play it after only 4 races or so I knew it wasn't for me.

The demo roads were bland, the crashes felt stiff and the "bonk the car till it pulls over" cop mechanic lacked any real punch... It really didn't feel at all like it was made by Criterion to me.

Even the old Need for Speed Most Wanted had a more visceral quality to it and far more exciting mechanics. It's still easily my favorite NFS this gen. It had plenty of flaws, but it was intense at times.

Nothing to in-depth, just my demo impression.

14Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 16:03

Chewy

Chewy

I wish they still made Midtown Madness games.

The absolute funnest online racing game I've ever played. Closest thing to it now is the Midnight Club series(not sure if they're planning on making more of those either), but that takes itself too seriously.

15Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 19:48

The roads in this are anything but bland. Bummer nobody else planns on picking it up.

16Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 21:47

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Symbolic47 wrote:The roads in this are anything but bland. Bummer nobody else planns on picking it up.

That's good to hear. That was just my impression from the demo. I wasn't condemning the actual full game because I haven't played it. It wouldn't be the first time a demo left a negative impression but I really liked the full release.

Unfortunately the demo did convince me not to buy it though.

17Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-07, 21:54

I might get it once I beat and or sell forza 3.

18Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-08, 12:16

B PEGASUS

B PEGASUS

I've been curious about Hot Pursuit, and if I get into college this week then I might pick it up. Otherwise, I have BF and Reach (with Brink, Bulletstorm and SW: TOR in the spring), so I won't have much time for another game. When I get into somewhere I really want to attend, though, then the "fuck it" attitude will kick in. Smile

19Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-08, 15:11

It is on sale for $38 on amazon.

20Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-08, 17:08

Good fun guys! Im telling you!

21Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-08, 17:42

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Shit's pretty awesome, it has been an admirable sub for BC.

22Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-10, 07:42

Bump cus im still loving this game. Online 8 man hotpursuit is some of the best racing action ever imo.

Plus mega milk- having tons of fun trying to beat your insane times. Got you a few timea, but man you have some crazy low times lol.

23Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-10, 07:49

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Really? Good. I'm a shitty cop (Shinma is beating the hell out of my Interceptor/Hot Pursuit times), but fuck you can I drive fast. Razz

24Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-10, 08:03

Yea I demolished everyone on one of the cop missions. Beat shinma by like 30 secs. This was me->> cheers

25Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-27, 11:16

Chewy

Chewy

I just got this game yesterday and it is indeed awesome.

Some of the cop missions are hard as shit though...

26Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-27, 17:01

Yes this is a hard racer, its not an easy game. But I love the challenge. Online hot pursuit is epic man. Try it out.

27Need for speed hot pursuit Empty Re: Need for speed hot pursuit 2010-12-27, 17:05

I am not sure anything will top how much fun I had on burnout paradise online. From competing to see who could do the highest barrel roll (I got a 4x one) to doing 8 man missions together. I will try to rent it sometime though epyk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum