Frostbyrn
chunckylover53
Epyk MD
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-12, 02:09

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106052-Elder-Scrolls-Turns-V-at-Spike-VGAs

2Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-12, 02:15

chunckylover53

I played oblivion alot and i did like it but eh.. I guess after my 200 hour save got corrupted it just ruined the whole series for me.

3Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-12, 02:21

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

That looks Fucking Awesome its like Fallout with better Scenery and better looking Characters

4Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-12, 03:25

Wacco

Epyk, I want to give you a great big bear hug for telling me this. I'm dying of joy right now.

5Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-12, 03:44

Valukar

please tell me they're improving the engine for a change

http://www.gamerhold.com/forum

6Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-12, 13:11

Duck

Duck

It's coming out November 11 2011. maybe they'll change the engine by then

7Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-12, 13:28

Sweeeeeet. Awesome news.

8Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-12, 14:38

TheGM

TheGM

Fix the leveling system.

Make it so no matter how I play the Game I can be effective in combat.

And hire more then 6 Voice actors.

Then....Maybe...I'll think about thinking about getting it.

9Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-12, 14:47

TheGM wrote:Fix the leveling system.

Make it so no matter how I play the Game I can be effective in combat.

And hire more then 6 Voice actors.

Then....Maybe...I'll think about thinking about getting it.

Good points. It's pretty annoying that every male high elf, or female nord sounds exactly the same. They seem to have remedied that in Fallout, though. There's a lot of the same voice actors, but they gave many people unique voices, and the stock voices don't seem as obvious, because they didn't apply the same logic from ESIV to FO (with assigning each race and sex a certain voice).
But yeah, ES has a jacked up leveling system. I can't count the number of times I've restarted characters because I didn't level them the way I wanted to. To actually be effective, you've got to spend half of the time grinding ridiculously (i.e. summoning skeletons and then beating them with your fists for hours). It's a cool idea in theory, but the way it's executed is really impractical.

10Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-12, 14:50

TheGM

TheGM

Indeed.

I wanted to be Ranger. You know how fucking hard that was! Just leveling for shortswords and Archery took FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREVER! and he was only effective with the difficulty slider lowered to easy.

11Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-12, 15:02

Chewy

Chewy

I never even finished the last one but I'm most likely getting this one anyways. I was 100 hours in and about two quests deep in the main story.

Definitely agree with you guys on the leveling system. I always had to keep jumping up and down constantly and keep summoning things and shooting fireballs etc..

12Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-12, 15:05

Duck

Duck

I like the idea, but they should smooth it out. Like have you gain experience for using spells, but also throw in points for quests and stuff. So you can manually add to your skills like in Fallout when you level up but also have the passive leveling up in the background.

13Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 00:05

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Ohhh, yes. Just hearing about this makes me want to replay Oblivion. I remember the first time I heard the music and made my own class and wandered through the wilderness...

14Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 00:16

Heebs

Heebs

yessss, Oblivion, i too remember the music when i made my first character and wandering the wilderness.

i rode around on the paint horse for hours and hours and hours before realizing when you jump the horse down a steep enough hill it takes damage. so when it died from beneath me i was all :'(

15Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 00:24

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Heebs wrote:yessss, Oblivion, i too remember the music when i made my first character and wandering the wilderness.

i rode around on the paint horse for hours and hours and hours before realizing when you jump the horse down a steep enough hill it takes damage. so when it died from beneath me i was all :'(

It's endless fun with the invincible one Lucien Lachance gives you. The noises it makes are hilarious to me.

16Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 00:32

Heebs

Heebs

i used to get so pissed off at my bf for doing it to the horses on purpose, lol. he was all like, "Babe, they're just pixel horses, it's not real." loooool

17Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:22

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I used to like Rolling Svenjas Head down from lookout Point Very Happy

I used to Clone Hundreds and watch them all roll down Very Happy

18Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:26

Heebs

Heebs

i liked getting attacked by Khajit bandits, because their voices were hilarious lol

19Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:29

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Enchanting Bound Gauntlets with Fire on Self then slipping them into NPC"s Inventorys Very Happy

20Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:33

Wacco

And don't forget killing the Adoring Fan. Or cloning hundreds of watermelons in the middle of towns just for the hell of it. And finding the suicidal troll underneath a bridge haha. God, I love Oblivion.

21Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:37

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Museum of Oddities Very Happy

22Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:43

Wacco

I never did that. What was in it?

23Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:44

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

This weird quest in SI. Only thing I never finished, because I'm lazy.

24Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:44

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You picked up weird Stuff around the Shivering Isles like Vegetables shaped like things Very Happy

25Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:47

Wacco

I feel like there's a ton I missed out on in Oblivion. I did all the guilds and got every achievement and all, but I feel like I missed a lot of the smaller stuff. This just makes me want to play it again Very Happy

26Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:49

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

That's why I like Oblivion more than FO3; there's just more to do.

27Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:51

Wacco

True. I've played Fallout 3 in and out, know everything about it, and no longer find too much enjoyment in doing anything than having killing sprees. In Oblivion, I've played 150+ hours and I still don't feel close to having done everything. And Morrowind, don't even get me started on how little I've done in that one.

28Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:52

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

I...never played Morrowind. Sad

29Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:53

Heebs

Heebs

i loved playing Morrowind and Oblivion both, they were simply massive games and you could play it a thousand different ways.

30Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:54

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Does the 360 support Morrowind? I might add it to my list.

31Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:54

Heebs

Heebs

erm... i dunno, it might. i bet you could get the game frickin' cheap nowadays.

32Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 01:59

Wacco

It does, I play it on mine occasionally. If not get it on the PC, it's soooo much fun with mods. And you really can get it for like 5 bucks, it's been out for years.

33Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 02:00

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

Wacco wrote:It does, I play it on mine occasionally. If not get it on the PC, it's soooo much fun with mods. And you really can get it for like 5 bucks, it's been out for years.

Good idea, even my shitty laptop should be able to run it.

34Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 02:02

Wacco

Probably. Honestly, I bought it on PC after playing on the Xbox for the mods, and it was totally worth it. Except I ruined the game somehow from downloading too many and deleting them and having different files on one game and deleting them or i dunno what.

35Elder Scrolls V confirmed Empty Re: Elder Scrolls V confirmed 2010-12-13, 02:05

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

It happens. I'd love to have a decent gaming PC, but, alas, I am a poor teenager. Perhaps if I don't completely screw my future in the coming months, I'll have one, one day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum