Gundam Fans

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Gundam Fans Empty Gundam Fans 2010-08-30, 18:25

StormEye

StormEye

Any Gundam fans out there?

I am personally favouring UC series and Turn A. However I do not discriminate for those that are more popular among westerners, and younger audiences.

2Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-30, 18:28

Shojimaru

Shojimaru

UC series was the first anime I ever watched, glad to see there are others that like it

3Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-30, 18:29

StormEye

StormEye

Who can forget Amuro blabbering his mouth with "Soko!" every time he senses something. LoL

I watched all the series, so I think I can keep up with conversation if someone brings in some other series as well.

4Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-30, 18:34

Shojimaru

Shojimaru

I enjoyed gundam seed as well but its been so long sense I watched them I only remember bits and pieces of each series, I might go back and watch some of them, I have the next three days off so.

5Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-30, 18:37

StormEye

StormEye

Do you remember in Seed Destiny, most MS had the names taken from UC MS?

6Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-30, 18:47

Shojimaru

Shojimaru

lol they did, either I missed it or I don't remember, I'll starting watching them again later tonight.

7Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-30, 18:49

StormEye

StormEye

I might start watching V Gundam tonight, again.

Or maybe Turn A. Darn it! Can't decide!

I have whole bunch of other animes I have to watch too...

8Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-30, 18:56

http://www.watchop.com/

WATCH ONE PIECE, STORMEYE. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO.

Seriously, though. All I've ever seen of Gundam (at least every episode) was Gundam Wing, and I didn't really like it that much in retrospect. I just watched it because it was on tv, and I didn't have access to any other anime at the time, really, except for the other stuff on Cartoon Network.

I've caught episodes of some of the other series, but never enough to fully judge them.

9Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-30, 18:59

StormEye

StormEye

Gundam Wing was introduced mainly to attract female audiences, as Bandai/Sunrise's Marketing strategy. I did not like the theme of that series, but it made a huge success in Western Societies, along with Females in Eastern Side. I'm just on the content side with Wing series.

As for OP, I told you I read them in Manga. Anime for series like OP and Bleach takes way too long to go anywhere.

10Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 02:38

StormEye

StormEye

I have decided to watch theatre version of Original Gundam series. One Year War
Gundam Fans Gfgm10

11Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 02:41

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I liked One Piece once upon a time but no one else i knew liked it so i gave up watching it

12Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 02:42

StormEye

StormEye

Frostbyrn wrote:I liked One Piece once upon a time but no one else i knew liked it so i gave up watching it
Its still good, its just that I have a lot of other stuff to watch, and unfortunately it is not exactly my type of Anime/Manga. I did finish reading the current series of OP manga though.

13Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 02:46

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

The last Manga i read was a Zelda one lol

So funny seeing that Link raised the Boss of the Fire Temple in OOT

14Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 02:49

StormEye

StormEye

Have you read Mario manga? It was based on the original gameboy mario.

15Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 02:55

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Nah and i only Read Zelda manga cause i was bored and my Sister had it lol

16Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 02:58

StormEye

StormEye

IF you get a chance, you should read the Mario manga. It was pretty good. Also, its short enough to read it and be done with. Though I think it would be pretty rare since you are not in Asia. Not sure it was ever translated.

17Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 03:02

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I like to read from left to Right though Very Happy

18Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 03:05

StormEye

StormEye

Frostbyrn wrote:I like to read from left to Right though Very Happy
Bah~

19Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 03:10

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Lol fine ill read some Manga

20Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 03:12

StormEye

StormEye

Gundam Fans Chiyob10

21Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 03:15

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Look at the Dancing Dolphin kids!

22Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 08:07

Shojimaru

Shojimaru

its a penguin, chiyo-chan from azumanga daioh

23Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 08:11

Same

Same

Frostbyrn wrote:Look at the Dancing Dolphin kids!

YEY DOLPHIN!! I liek Dolphins they're so much better than Penguins. They can swim to people and dance and they can balance balls of on their nose/mouth/whatever that thing is! Penguins can't do anything (Except push each other into the sea for humour.. or fly but that's just ridiculous!

Last edited by Mama Luigi on 2010-08-31, 09:58; edited 1 time in total

24Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 08:13

Shojimaru

Shojimaru

lol dolphin jihad ftw

25Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 14:31

StormEye

StormEye

Shojimaru wrote:lol dolphin jihad ftw
Yo, were you able to start to watch any series again, yet?

26Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 16:07

StormEye

StormEye

Gundam Fans 12741_10

27Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 16:13

Shojimaru

Shojimaru

not yet i can't find them, they might be in my basement. i'm going down to look tonight. would do it right now but my sister has friends over.

28Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 16:16

StormEye

StormEye

Shojimaru wrote:not yet i can't find them, they might be in my basement. i'm going down to look tonight. would do it right now but my sister has friends over.
You still gonna start with Seed series?
Gundam Fans Eaaef010

29Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 16:52

Shojimaru

Shojimaru

I was thinking about it, unless you got something to recomend

30Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 16:54

Same

Same

StormEye wrote:
Shojimaru wrote:not yet i can't find them, they might be in my basement. i'm going down to look tonight. would do it right now but my sister has friends over.
You still gonna start with Seed series?
Gundam Fans Eaaef010

Stormeye, wtf is that a picture of? o_O

I might watch gundam, is it any good Stormeye? and what should I watch first?

31Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 16:54

StormEye

StormEye

I always recommend Turn A to most people, since I think it is the best one made by Tomino.

If you want something short, I would suggest Char's Counterattack, though you might be a little confused it you do not remember the story line of Amuro and Char.

EDIT: This was response to Shoji

32Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 16:57

StormEye

StormEye

Mama Luigi wrote:Stormeye, wtf is that a picture of? o_O

If you have never watched Gundam before, Seed probably is the easiest to get into. Gundam 00 is good for entrance too.

However, most good stuff are the old ones grouped in UC series. If you are willing to venture into with original, Movie Theatre versions of original Gundam is good place to start. It is three part.

33Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 17:00

Same

Same

StormEye wrote:

If you have never watched Gundam before, Seed probably is the easiest to get into. Gundam 00 is good for entrance too.

However, most good stuff are the old ones grouped in UC series. If you are willing to venture into with original, Movie Theatre versions of original Gundam is good place to start. It is three part.

Okay thanks Very Happy

Oh and explain what that picture is of the girl please :3

34Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 17:03

StormEye

StormEye

Mama Luigi wrote:
StormEye wrote:

Okay thanks Very Happy

Oh and explain what that picture is of the girl please :3
BTW you cannot delete the post when it is replied to. You can report it to mods to get it deleted.

The picture is Mia Campbell from Gundam Seed: Destiny, second part of Seed series.

35Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 17:09

StormEye

StormEye

Shojimaru wrote:I was thinking about it, unless you got something to recomend
I always recommend Turn A to most people, since I think it is the best one made by Tomino.

If you want something short, I would suggest Char's Counterattack, though you might be a little confused it you do not remember the story line of Amuro and Char.

36Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 17:11

Shojimaru

Shojimaru

ok well i think i'll start with seed

37Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-08-31, 17:14

StormEye

StormEye

Shojimaru wrote:ok well i think i'll start with seed
Gundam Fans 11202210

38Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-09-01, 02:42

StormEye

StormEye

Have you guys seen Gundam Evolve? It is small video clips included in plastic model kits of select MS. It is short performance videos for just some fancy visuals but if you have not seen it, it is pretty cool.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/nsk7PmMxVUY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/nsk7PmMxVUY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/VbkpCvpBgug?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/VbkpCvpBgug?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/pH_WZ5QjbuY?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/pH_WZ5QjbuY?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/VWdtdv0A-l8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/VWdtdv0A-l8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/_aWTG9ij47U?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/_aWTG9ij47U?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

39Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-09-01, 22:09

StormEye

StormEye

Planning on watching new 3 part theatre series Gundam Z starting from tonight
Gundam Fans B0000810

40Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-09-04, 01:33

StormEye

StormEye

Seems like this topic has become one/two man posting but I am not discouraged!

I am going to start watching Char's Counterattack tonight.
Gundam Fans 12741_10

41Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-09-04, 14:50

Shojimaru

Shojimaru

Well I found my Gundam DVDs so when I'm not working for three days I'll start on them again

42Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-09-04, 14:52

StormEye

StormEye

Shojimaru wrote:Well I found my Gundam DVDs so when I'm not working for three days I'll start on them again
Lovely

43Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-09-04, 20:35

Shojimaru

Shojimaru

I know, I found them plus lucky star, girls bravo, afro samurai, and basiisk.

44Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-09-04, 21:29

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Afro Samurai FTW Very Happy

45Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-09-04, 22:18

Shojimaru

Shojimaru

I know, I may have to watch it again after gundam

46Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-09-04, 22:24

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Theres a 360 Game out for it

47Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-09-04, 22:30

Shojimaru

Shojimaru

Ugh... I hated that damn game.

48Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-09-04, 22:32

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I think they were going to make a One Piece game as well

They might already have i stopped Paying attention to it lol

49Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-09-04, 22:36

Shojimaru

Shojimaru

lol when it comes to games based on an anime series I think the only ones I've played and liked were the DBZ ones, I enjoy fighting games so they were pretty fun for me

50Gundam Fans Empty Re: Gundam Fans 2010-09-04, 22:39

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Ack i dont know why i think its because i was basically Peer pressured into watching it but i really hate DBZ

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum