Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Well, I want to show everybody here my music, but...

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

I hope you like it. Be honest as to what you think when it's finished; if it's good, it's good, bad it's bad.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You should be Composing for game companys man all of the Songs would easily fit into Zelda games

Thanks. Smile

What'd you think of the boss battle theme?

StormEye

StormEye

A Lullaby - Great overall. High octaves at the end is a little too much imo though.
A Dungeon Theme - Dungeon reminding of Zelda'ish theme
A Death Theme - I dig this one. Seems to be another version of Lullaby
The Main Theme - I guess you like softer type of main theme. I personally favour brass and drums along with full set of orchestral harmony. But for softer type of 'medieval' type theme, this is excellent
The Cave Theme - Matches the desired theme very nicely. Seems to be non-hostile crystal cave in terms of RPG.
My Boss Battle Theme - Opening part is great. However the tension build up is a little weak imo.

I presume you like to steer away from brass and drums?

StormEye wrote:A Lullaby - Great overall. High octaves at the end is a little too much imo though.
A Dungeon Theme - Dungeon reminding of Zelda'ish theme
A Death Theme - I dig this one. Seems to be another version of Lullaby
The Main Theme - I guess you like softer type of main theme. I personally favour brass and drums along with full set of orchestral harmony. But for softer type of 'medieval' type theme, this is excellent
The Cave Theme - Matches the desired theme very nicely. Seems to be non-hostile crystal cave in terms of RPG.
My Boss Battle Theme - Opening part is great. However the tension build up is a little weak imo.

I presume you like to steer away from brass and drums?

Thank you. Smile Yes, the crystal type sound is what I wanted, and the Main Theme is my longest running work.

The Boss Battle build-up theme is hard to get; still working on it. Also, yes, I'm mainly a piano player, and have very little percussive experience, so I'm not sure what to do, lol.

Thanks for the in-depth response though. Smile

Last edited by DrBob276 on 2010-08-31, 05:37; edited 1 time in total

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

1.I have over 2000 Awesome Cred Very Happy

2.Like Storm said the Boss theme was Hectic enough

I think I'm pretty alright considering I have no training in composition.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Im nearing the Current Year in awesome Cred

Lol, yes, you are, 3 more posts and you're there.

Also, video is now coming down. Thanks for watching and the input.

StormEye

StormEye

DrBob276 wrote:I think I'm pretty alright considering I have no training in composition.
If you are this good, I think you should try to get a higher education in music, no matter the discouragements you are feeling. Thats my two cents.

StormEye wrote:
DrBob276 wrote:I think I'm pretty alright considering I have no training in composition.
If you are this good, I think you should try to get a higher education in music, no matter the discouragements you are feeling. Thats my two cents.

Really?

StormEye

StormEye

DrBob276 wrote:
StormEye wrote:

Really?
Ja. Seriously

Alright. Thanks Smile

I was debating between being a teacher and a composer. The competition just worries me.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Thats not a Music Composition its a Space Station!

Also what Storm said get some Training then maybe we can see your name in the Next Zelda Game Credits Very Happy

StormEye

StormEye

DrBob276 wrote:Alright. Thanks Smile

I was debating between being a teacher and a composer. The competition just worries me.
There are many paths. Have you considered working in studios as sound engineer?

I haven't really considered anything, lol. After I failed out of college, I've kinda just been trying to find a job and moping; I just started composing last year November, and composed until about March, then stopped to take a break, then made an Item Acquisition Theme (not up yet, gotta get that protected), then redid my Boss Battle theme, and that's it.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I shy away from anything with Engineer in the Title because most of the Idiots i knew in High school went on to become Engineers

StormEye

StormEye

There are whole bunch of types of Engineering. Some of them can be done by idiots, others require talent/skill

What is a sound engineer?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I think its the dude who works the Board in a Recording studio

StormEye

StormEye

DrBob276 wrote:What is a sound engineer?
I'm feeling a little lazy, so I'll let you read it through.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_engineering

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Woo i was right Score 1 for My Brain Very Happy

That'd be kinda neat, I wish I could do the composing though.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Look at me im Cat Stevens Blind as a motherfucker in my Piece of shit NVGS

StormEye

StormEye

DrBob276 wrote:That'd be kinda neat, I wish I could do the composing though.
It is just an alternate path. You can compose at any time.

Frostbyrn wrote:Look at me im Cat Stevens Blind as a motherfucker in my Piece of shit NVGS

xD

I actually have night-vision monocular. It's only Gen. I though.

Yeah, I think I would still like that. I like the idea of that and teaching.

StormEye

StormEye

DrBob276 wrote:
Frostbyrn wrote:Look at me im Cat Stevens Blind as a motherfucker in my Piece of shit NVGS

xD

If you become a teacher, make sure you do not ragequit on those fellows.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Lol Yeah raging against tiny Children would be funny though Very Happy

StormEye wrote:
DrBob276 wrote:

xD

If you become a teacher, make sure you do not ragequit on those fellows.

Welll, I used to teach special education 3 hours a day in school; taught me more patience, doesn't show anymore because it's been a year, lol. I actually was really good with them.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Also i meant Stevie Wonder not Cat Stevens lol

Also you should just do whatever one you enjoy more

StormEye

StormEye

Thats good then. Hopefully you can exercise your patience more often. As I have said it many times before, you do a lot better when your head is cool.

Yeah; certain things just set me off though. It's mostly two things:

1.) Guilt/Embarrassment
2.) Picturing the smug little face of the faggot who killed me.

Those are my top 2 BC2 rage face moments.

StormEye

StormEye

My only rage face is apparent when I observe someone whoring UAV alt fire and notice everyone in his squad is sitting at attacker spawn guarding him, instead of making an offensive.

Other times are mostly near rage.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Its less embarrassing if you laugh with People on things Very Happy

And i really hate T baggers who didnt actually do something T bag worthy

Somebody actually T-Bagged when they killed me with a mortar strike once today. I didn't even get mad; I actually laughed and shook my head, because if they think that it was T-Bag worthy, they must be really, really bad.

StormEye

StormEye

Frostbyrn wrote:Its less embarrassing if you laugh with People on things Very Happy

And i really hate T baggers who didnt actually do something T bag worthy
I just do not approve T bag in general, since it was shunned upon as a sign of non-professional during my competition days. Though, these guys are not pro anyway, so... Ja...

I always just thought of it as childish. I used to do it all the time when I first got LIVE, because the group I played Halo with at the computer store ALWAYS did whether it was T-Bag worthy or not, and we would all laugh (I wish I got to play with them more than 3-4 times, only had an event once every year or so). But I stopped when I realized how much it angered people.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I only T bag if i do something really funny like Run around a corner and kill Epyk while hes loading his Shotgun Very Happy

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Hooray for sound engineering! That's what I'm studying...

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Thats not what i heard Greg

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

You heard wrong.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I thought you wanted to be a Botanist because of your love for ummm plants Very Happy

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

When I own my own place, I will become that anyway.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

We have some growing out back from the last owner of my house lol

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Please send it to me.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Lol nah im sweet i dont want to Smuggle Drugs to greece

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Just send them then.