Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amnesia: The Dark Descent appreciation thread.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

A horror-survival.

I finished this game about 1 month ago, and I don't think anything else has managed to make me shit my pants the way this game did. Well, there was this one time in sixth grade when I watched the excorcist, but it doesn't count.

I wonder if anyone else has played it and what your thoughts are on it. I'm eager to play the next game from this developer, and will surely buy it if I have enough cash when it comes out. I heard it sold about 200,000 copies, which should be very good for an indie developer.

http://www.amnesiagame.com/#main

There's even a demo if someone wants to try it out.

Edit: Basically, you start out as a passed out man. You wake up without remembering anything, and follow a trail that leads you to a letter that will reveal what you must do, your name, and some other things.

The darkness is your friend and your enemy. Your character uses the shadows to hide, but at the same time, will start going insane if you linger too much in the dark. It's quite an interesting mechanic. I do admit, the scare factor wasn't too high near the end of the game, but by that moment you've already crapped yourself plenty of times.

We have a lot of appreciation topics, man.

I'd like to see more Tribute threads, or maybe a Recognition thread. You don't see any Ode to ____ threads either.

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

I'll make an Ode to Joy thread.

Better yet, one for every one of his pieces.

Super, man.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum