the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

iTunes 10 killed my iPod :(

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( Empty iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( 2011-01-31, 17:50

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

my ipod started skipping songs earlier today, on a few songs i had downlaoded from the iTunes store. i thought it was an accessability issue since i had just updated to the latest iTunes, but it started happening on my songs from CDs, eventually none of the songs would play and it was stuck at 0:00.

then i got home and plugged it into to itunes only to find it told me to restore it. so i did. then it looked as if it was fixed (the bar at the bottom showed everything on it in the right amounts). then i unplugged it, and it said no songs, yet there was 50gb of info on it.
i checked under settings and it said it was all 'other'.

then i plugged it in again and restored it again and the same thing happened, 50gb of other. i checked the forums and a load of other people have the same problems with itunes 10 and classics.

so basically. iTunes 10 kills iPod classics, and my funfunfun wednesday will now be spent in the iTunes store instead of on BC2. WELL DONE ITUNES... i need a hug Sad

Chewy

Chewy

You should browse it through My Computer and get all the stuff deleted from it. Mine had a bunch of random songs I didn't even put on there hidden in it once.

I think there are alternate programs to put songs on your ipod too. I'm pretty sure Songbird does this but they might have removed that feature due to Apple being lame.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

im going to try the apple store first. i tihnk its still in warranty as i got it last year (xmas or birthday, so if its birthday its still warranted)

but if it fails then ill try that Smile

Chewy

Chewy

I've heard the apple store can actually be extremely helpful sometimes.

Like my buddy brought his macbook in there to fix, and they said it was gonna be like $500 or something crazy. He was like "WTF I'm a college student I can't afford that". So the lady just said OK and they did it for free.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

yeah. the apple store are great. shame i have to go over to the nearest one about 30 mins away.

Sorry to hear that man. But hey, look at this as an oppurtunity to drop Apple Wink

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

yeah. hopefully it can be fixed since i dont want to have to buy a new MP3 player, but ill probably get a sony since my old MP3 player that was buildt like a bunker and had 50h was a sony. but it was only 1gb so i got an ipod.

might splash out on a new-gen sony though Smile

Yea anything is better than Apple imo. Im obviously biased though lol. I just get tired of people buying Ipods and Iphones just because they are "cool". Not because its the superior product. Plus dont get me started on Apples customer service and pricing. Working at a major cell phone company for 5 years, that the majority of people get the Iphone because of the socail stigma. Lol im sorry, rant over.

But yea Sony would be a big upgrade imo, plus you wont have to strictly us e Itunes.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

yeah. i havent got much iTunes bought music (my love for CDs saves my ass again Very Happy) so it'll be easy to switch to a new player.

only status quo compilation (which i can buy on CD anywhere) and some random new songs that i love (which can be bought DRM free on amazon and used everywhere, for cheaper)

10iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( Empty Re: iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( 2011-01-31, 19:08

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Using itunes has taught me one thing, back-up everything. I have my entire CD collection digitized and store on a external HD. I ran into a problem with my ipod nano 2 weeks after I got it. Restored it, lost all my music, but I haven't had any problem with it since.

11iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( Empty Re: iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( 2011-02-01, 05:44

Keyser Söze

Keyser Söze

Copy Trans

12iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( Empty Re: iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( 2011-02-01, 12:32

sheep

sheep

I freaking hate iTunes. It sucks and is so not user friendly. Plus, they don't carry Tool. Bullyshit all over iTunes!

13iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( Empty Re: iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( 2011-02-01, 13:43

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

guess what... my itunes doesnt open now...

hoo-fucking-ray Evil or Very Mad

14iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( Empty Re: iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( 2011-02-02, 13:31

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

update: all is good now.

i did a system restore to just before itunes updated. then i re-restored my ipod and now everything is hunky-dory Smile

15iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( Empty Re: iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( 2011-02-02, 15:51

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

sheep wrote:I freaking hate iTunes. It sucks and is so not user friendly. Plus, they don't carry Tool. Bullyshit all over iTunes!

itunes not having a band isn't a itunes decision, thats the bands decision. There are a couple bands that aren't on there that I know of, the biggest I can think of is Black Sabbath w/ Ozzy. The band/holder of the bands rights determine if they can go on iTunes or not.

16iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( Empty Re: iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( 2011-02-02, 19:44

sheep

sheep

Damn Tool! Oh well, I will just buy their music elsewhere. Can't stay mad at Tool.

It's still not user friendly. At all.

17iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( Empty Re: iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( 2011-02-02, 19:45

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

or buy a CD of tool, then put it on itunes.

Very Happy

18iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( Empty Re: iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( 2011-02-02, 21:55

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

I never looked for Tool on itunes, werid. It kind of figures that they aren't on it, I wonder of A Perfect Circle is on iTunes.

19iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( Empty Re: iTunes 10 killed my iPod :( 2011-02-03, 14:29

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

the SOS band isnt on itunes.

i was incredibly disappointed Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum