Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looks like i won't be on xbox for a while...

+6
Khfan60
sheep
Ron Swanson
Captain Pirate Pineapple
Metalzoic
chunckylover53
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

chunckylover53

So i was playing some BC2 today decided to take a break and come back and play some TDU2..
-Reachs to get the TDU2 case accidentally shoulder nudges the open disc drive hard-

And now it's stuck like that i tried a few things and none will work but i will learn from this. Least my xbox is still under warranty or i'd be really pissed. Now i need to go buy a box and ship this thing Sad.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Will they actually warranty something that you actually broke yourself?
I suppose you can just tell them it just happened.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

My Elite Xbox disc tray sticks a bit. I just smack it a bit and it opens. Just have to show it who's boss. If that doesn't work, well there is always that warranty.

chunckylover53

Metalzoic wrote:Will they actually warranty something that you actually broke yourself?
I suppose you can just tell them it just happened.

Yeah thats pretty much what i said in the repair ticket. It's the new 360 S i've had it for like 8 months i believe.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

How long is the warranty on the S model? I never even thought to check mine.

chunckylover53

Says my standard warranty expires on october 04 2011 so if that's right thats like 15 months. I know i got it in either june or july.

And RROD warranty is always 3 years.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Cool thanks.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

I think it's a standard 1 year warranty, except for the RRoD.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

ohhh now I is sad Sad

I had a PS3 crap out on me right after the warrenty expired, but my xbox is still hanging in there. Of course it's only 2.5 years old....

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

My PS3 is starting to have issues reading discs.
You have to put a movie in 2-6 times before it will read.

sheep

sheep

PS3's seem to crap out easily from what I've seen. Not good for a system that costs so much imo.

My PS2 on the other hand is still running like champ after 6 years. How weird.

Sorry about your sexbox Gilly.

chunckylover53

I don't know how i will pass all this time with my no life lifestyle cyclops .

sheep

sheep

Mmmm. Get one? =P

Just spam the SeC. It likes it.

Khfan60

Khfan60

sheep wrote:PS3's seem to crap out easily from what I've seen. Not good for a system that costs so much imo.

Pretty much this. I've had my PS2 since it came out like, 10 years ago and it works perfectly. Hell, when I was younger I even left it on for full days while I went outside to do things.

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

Khfan60 wrote:
sheep wrote:PS3's seem to crap out easily from what I've seen. Not good for a system that costs so much imo.

Pretty much this. I've had my PS2 since it came out like, 10 years ago and it works perfectly. Hell, when I was younger I even left it on for full days while I went outside to do things.
haha i did that with my 360 and its worked fine for about a year then it E74'd on me Evil or Very Mad

TheGM

TheGM

Pffft.....I use a knife to pry my tray open since it won't open without a game inside.

chunckylover53

Damn GM O.o

Well not all hope is lost i have a gamecube just missing my AV cables for it now... Or i could use my brothers PS2 but it's better than nothing. I still have my japanese naruto game i imported for the game cube.. Great game can kill hours on it.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Khfan60 wrote:

Ha! That's crazy. You must have gotten a good one or a way later model.

PS2's had a higher failure rate than the 360 did. I went through 7 of them in my own house, but I had
so many in for repair at any one time that we covered a big wall with them stacked to the ceiling.

I hated that fucking machine although I liked the huge amount of money it made me.

chunckylover53

Wew this won't be as bad as i thought got both GC and PS2 up and running they can fit in the same space unlike fat box. Been wanting to play kessen lately anyways...

Khfan60

Khfan60

Wow, motherfucker!! Now my disk tray won't open and Battlefield is trapped inside. What the fuck?! I just cleaned the dust out of it like 30mins beforehand with one of those air-sprayer-thingys. Great, just great.

Khfan60

Khfan60

Khfan60 wrote:Wow, motherfucker!! Now my disk tray won't open and Battlefield is trapped inside. What the fuck?! I just cleaned the dust out of it like 30mins beforehand with one of those air-sprayer-thingys. Great, just great.

Nevermind. Long story short, I am now a proud owner of the 360S.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Dude, I wouldn't ever, ever spray canned air into my system. Everything that has settled peacefully in there just gets stirred up and ruins things.

Khfan60

Khfan60

Metalzoic wrote:Dude, I wouldn't ever, ever spray canned air into my system. Everything that has settled peacefully in there just gets stirred up and ruins things.

That was the only way I could think of to get the dust out of the ventalation areas which kept causing my system to overheat. Doesn't really matter now though...

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

hoover?

Zillah

Zillah

Judas Iscariot wrote:hoover?

Looks like i won't be on xbox for a while... Hoover?

chunckylover53

Khfan60 wrote:
Khfan60 wrote:Wow, motherfucker!! Now my disk tray won't open and Battlefield is trapped inside. What the fuck?! I just cleaned the dust out of it like 30mins beforehand with one of those air-sprayer-thingys. Great, just great.

Nevermind. Long story short, I am now a proud owner of the 360S.

I am the proud owner of a broken 360S wanna trade places?

lol i am gonna try to get it together and mail it tommorrow before work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum