thelittleone
TheGM
Honey Badger
Symbolic
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Symbolic

Symbolic

I just finished this game, and was in awe for most of it. Almost flawless, and for being 3 years old is still jaw dropping.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Shit loads of fan service too. The ps1 mgs shadow moses flashback was amazing! Ha

Honey Badger

Honey Badger

I thought it was amazing as well. I hate when people rip on it.

TheGM

TheGM

I'm going to say.

HELL MOTHER FUCKING NO!
That shit was trash bro.

thelittleone

I loved this game before my PS3 broke. I played the hell out of that game. *sigh* my PS3, if only you had lasted until after I had beaten GoW3.

http://www.deviantart.thelittleone.com

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

^^^ pretend this was my post

Symbolic

Symbolic

Shit was trash? Wow I would really like to hear reasons from that. The game is great in almost every way imo. The only thing I didnt like were the hour long movies(but were still sooooooo entertaining to watch) The Radien/ Vamp fight was particular awesome(both of them but mainly the first one in the ME)

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

AHAHAHAHA Terry posted from the GF's account again!!!!!!!!!!!!

Symbolic

Symbolic

Sorry to hear your PS3 broke man, that sucks. The only reason I ever got an Xbox in the first place was the price of the PS3. Luckily I enjoy the xbox alot lol. But Ive been using the past few months to play all the Sony games Ive been dying to play since 08.

TheGM

TheGM

Shit was trash. Was like a bad anime but since it was a Metal Gear it gets a free pass.

"Snake Remember you need to make sure nobody follows you to the rebel hideout in the city, Remember that we are in the city and you have a trench coat and nobody SHOULD BE FOLLOWING YOU! also make sure nobody follows you"
*Scenes goes on for another 12 minutes*

All right time to do some cloak and dagger sneaking.

*walks to end of Street*

MISSION COMPLETE!

WHoooooooooooooo-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT-ah?

Sure the gameplay was fun for all 40 minutes they let you play it. Might as well be playing tetris.

Want to play a Metal Gear that isn't insultingly stupid and you do play it, try Metal Gear Solid 3, I tried it for the 1st time last year. It was pretty damn good.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

The last Metal gear I played was Metal Gear 2! HAHA Fucking loved that game though!

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

My bad I meant Metal Gear solid was the last one I played.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Ive played every Metal Gear ezcept portable Ops. Its one of my favorite franchises ever

Man I loved peace walker on my psp. So much fun.

Symbolic

Symbolic

I think thats portable ops tom. Only one I havent played. GM have you played any of the older ones? Metal Gear, Metal Gear solid, Substance, Snakeeater? Out of curiosity.

Symbolic wrote:I think thats portable ops tom. Only one I havent played. GM have you played any of the older ones? Metal Gear, Metal Gear solid, Substance, Snakeeater? Out of curiosity.
No peace walker was the second game on the psp and was said to be pretty much metal gear solid 5. It had just about everything too.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Hmmm interesting..... I didnt know that. I have never owned a psp, but would like to play Ghost of.Sparta too.

TheGM

TheGM

Metel Gear and Snake's Revenge on the NES. Own both.

own Metal Gear Solid 1,2, and 3.

Woo Woo Wooo you know it, bro.

Symbolic wrote:Hmmm interesting..... I didnt know that. I have never owned a psp, but would like to play Ghost of.Sparta too.
Dont get a psp man. NGP (psp 2) is coming out this year.

Symbolic

Symbolic

Ha interesting. We seem to totally disagree on most games, except shooters and Alpha Protocol haha.

TheGM

TheGM

Sure 4 might have had the best gameplay out of all of them. In those 12 minutes chunks it let you play it.

But the fact it rehashed waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many story lines was just bad.

"Hey remember that guy who you killed and then they came back so you killed them again? Guess what....THEY'RE BACK!!!! AGAIN!!!" Repeat for everybody they do it to.

MGS4 becomes a FUCKING MASTER PIECE if you skip the cut-scenes.

Symbolic

Symbolic

I think the whole point was a final culmination in a series that has always focused deeply on character development. I to agree wish there was more gameplay, less movies as Ive stated above. But all in all it was still much better than most hollywood flicks. And you cant deny it looks fucking incredible which helps make those long segments easier.

TheGM

TheGM

I couldn't care less about graphics, bro.

Symbolic

Symbolic

I really dont either, but when they are so damm good it does help in the immersion. At least for me.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I loved that Raiden Vamp fight, that was the best cutscene in the game. But I agree there was a TON of movies. Almost half the original gametime.

I loved MGS4 except two things.
-When you're sneaking around the city following the "rebel(?)". That dragged a bit and I sorta wish it had been trimmed down. It was the only part I truly did not enjoy even a little bit.
-The last stretch where EVERYTHING Snake did looked like it was going to kill him. It just went too damn far for too damn long. Started to wear on me with the constant "Oh shit... is Snake going to die?" it eventually just degraded into "Oh shit... would Snake just fucking die already?!?!?"

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

It was OK, but not particularly special. I had never played another MGS game before, so maybe that's why I couldn't appreciate it.

I just played through it once and didn't care to play it again. I'm actually trying to sell it to get moar moneyz for other games.

TheGM

TheGM

Symbolic wrote:Ha interesting. We seem to totally disagree on most games, except shooters and Alpha Protocol haha.

No. I'll just call something out for what it is and not dress it up.

I keep it real cuz I'M GANGSTA!

Symbolic

Symbolic

Yes to truly appreciate this game you must be a fan of the series, and played most of the older games. This game is 15 hours of fan service and the story is all tied to tje previous outings as well.

For example

-still using the cardboard box as a gameplay item
- return to shadow moses from mgs1
-mgs1 gameplay flashback
- dirty mags lol.and cigs for inventory items
- otacon and the closet
- prerty much all character interactions are based off evemts from past games

Air Supremacy

Air Supremacy

MGS4, Imma letchu finish but Chaos Theory is the best stealth game of all time!!!

But seriously, I loved MGS4, but whenever I play Chaos Theory I simply refuse to believe it was made in 2005.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum