JrTapia1991
Duck
Chewy
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chewy

Chewy

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1160501p1.html

Kind of weird seeing this article from IGN after seeing how much they praised the series, and how they criticized DNF for not being enough like it.

But now they are pretty much saying that COD is the anti-christ and BF3 could be the savior.

And this is why I do not read ign anymore. You could see this could happen any industry. The reason it happened is not because of cod but because other companies thought the only way to match cod was to copy it.

Duck

Duck

IGN didn't exactly give black ops a perfect score. Also they have a lot of different reviewers. There isn't just one IGN overmind that decides the scores for every single game. Or so I hope.

Duck

Duck

t-800 wrote:And this is why I do not read ign anymore. You could see this could happen any industry. The reason it happened is not because of cod but because other companies thought the only way to match cod was to copy it.

I don't think they're saying that CoD is doing it on purpose or anything, and really they can't be blamed for just going where the money is, but you have to admit without everyone trying to copy CoD's formula the genre would be pretty different.

Ducksaws wrote:
t-800 wrote:And this is why I do not read ign anymore. You could see this could happen any industry. The reason it happened is not because of cod but because other companies thought the only way to match cod was to copy it.

I don't think they're saying that CoD is doing it on purpose or anything, and really they can't be blamed for just going where the money is, but you have to admit without everyone trying to copy CoD's formula the genre would be pretty different.
But that is the issue. It is not cods fault for being copied. It is the stupid big wigs who thought they could make a quick buck.

Duck

Duck

Yeah I guess. CoD not existing or everyone not trying to copy it would both make for a big change, but CoD4 had to exist first before people could copy it.

Ducksaws wrote:Yeah I guess. CoD not existing or everyone not trying to copy it would both make for a big change, but CoD4 had to exist first before people could copy it.
If cod did not exist something else would have been copied to death and hated.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

too true article....same as madden

Symbolic

Symbolic

Cod is a terrible IP now. Usually I put "imo" in my posts, but this is just fact.

Duck

Duck

I think the CoD popularity will actually nose dive within the next two titles. If people haven't caught on already, they will when MW3 sucks because it's developers were fired.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

I enjoyed the older CoD games, like before MW. Sure, I enjoyed MW's campaign, but I didn't like the multiplayer. Passed on WaW, then played MW2. Liked the campaign and played the multiplayer a lot. Was kind of pleased with it, but I could see how it was easily a noob's game. There was nothing but glitch shooting, boosting, cheating, and everything else you can possibly think of. The more I played, the worse it seemed to get, and then I had enough. Bought BF:BC2, and well I haven't gone back.

After reading that article though, it's a bit hypocritical. It's sites like that, reviewers, and the rest that always jump on the CoD bandwagon. It's dumb on their own behalf to say that BF3 could be the savior, but then they say it looks like CoD BLOPs!? Don't really know how it looks like it is, as I always though CoD BLOPs was supposed to be Cold War era stuff, and well BF3 is present/slight future. Oh well, I have hopes, high hopes for BF3 and I don't think it will disappoint.

Zillah

Zillah

I have a feeling MW3 is really gonna be bad, with the current state of activision and IW

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Wait did the masses finally clue on that CoD was a giant pile of shit that has Stagnated the Industry and ruined the gaming community?

Damn that means they might come to Battlefield

Zillah

Zillah

Pig Jockey wrote:Wait did the masses finally clue on that CoD was a giant pile of shit that has Stagnated the Industry and ruined the gaming community?

Damn that means they might come to Battlefield

more cannon fodder!

...or snipers...

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

More like L33T PRO SNIPEZ CHOOPER WHORE GOD

Zillah

Zillah

CoD players cant fly for shit...

"derrrr wheres my AI pilot!?"

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

They dont need to theyll just Leech kills off the pilot in the Co pilots seat

Crombie

Crombie

This is what I was saying in one of the BF3 threads. CoD's popularity is dwindling, meanwhile more and more hype for Battlefield is on the way. There will be a shift, and I honestly believe that BF3 could de-throne CoD.

Even if you hate IGN, sheepeople still read and take advice from the columnists/writers there and I have no doubt that this article will help the battlefield franchise.

I do not want BF3 to over take cod because if it does then the sniper population will at the very least triple and camping will rise.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

This topic makes me want to play some Black Ops.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum