Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your iphone is tracking everywhere you go and saving it.

+11
Wacco
Chewy
ConciliarFox
The Adli Corporation
chunckylover53
Ron Swanson
DRGN LRD 1213
Cardboard Fox
Tater
Dropped Da Soap
Duck
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Oh shit.
http://techandvg.blogspot.com/2011/04/your-iphone-is-recording-everywhere-you.html

Duck

Duck

I knew not buying any mac products would pay off eventually!

Ducksaws wrote:I knew not buying any mac products would pay off eventually!
Saved yourself a lot of cash too.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

well, just gonna start leaving mine at ahome when I hit teh boobs place.

Tater

Tater

thank jahoseph my iphone doesn't exist.

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

Scary. Does the iPod touch do the same thing?

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yall just now found this out. Wow we've been discussing using the Iphone for our sales people to track them for awhile now.

Cardboard Fox wrote:Scary. Does the iPod touch do the same thing?
Most likely it records your location when you get in range of wifi.

Last edited by t-800 on 2011-04-21, 15:59; edited 1 time in total

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Yall just now found this out. Wow we've been discussing using the Iphone for our sales people to track them for awhile now.
Do you mean using the actual file and creating an app like they did to show the info or just using GPS tracking on them?

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

We've used GPS tracking on their vehicles, but we have discussed using the file that has been recording the information. I don't think the app has been publicly availble until recently though. But there have been other aps available to us.

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:We've used GPS tracking on their vehicles, but we have discussed using the file that has been recording the information. I don't think the app has been publicly availble until recently though. But there have been other aps available to us.
There are so many things wrong with this.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HAHA Yes and know. I've been in sales and while I wouldn't want to be tracked while working I know it is necasary. Hell on Fridays I would make sales calls in the day, ditch my truck at a customers and play tabletop war games for the rest of the day after lunch with someone else in the industry that played! HAHA

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Where do you work DL?

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I work at a place. HAHA

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:HAHA Yes and know. I've been in sales and while I wouldn't want to be tracked while working I know it is necasary. Hell on Fridays I would make sales calls in the day, ditch my truck at a customers and play tabletop war games for the rest of the day after lunch with someone else in the industry that played! HAHA
I don't really care about that. It is the fact that this will most likely become a phone they have on them at all times so you would be able to track EVERYWHERE they go even when they are off work. I bet nothing is going to happen to apple though since apparently no one cares.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

They would be informed that the phone is capable of this and they have the option to use it after hours or not their choice.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

SHHHHHHH! *whispers* it can hear everything you say as well......

Can't wait until someone makes a virus to access this file steal this information off of your computer lol. So DL what would happen if they turned off the feature?

Awesome Terry! wrote:SHHHHHHH! *whispers* it can hear everything you say as well......
sigh.....

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HA I do ubt my company is a high priorty for wikileaks to crack into and publish all our secrets. They won't be able to turn off this feature Tom.

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:HA I do ubt my company is a high priorty for wikileaks to crack into and publish all our secrets. They won't be able to turn off this feature Tom.
\
I am pretty sure I could in about a week.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

t-800 wrote:
Awesome Terry! wrote:SHHHHHHH! *whispers* it can hear everything you say as well......
sigh.....

You seem disapointed Tom, surely you couldn't have expected anything else when you saw I was the last post on the topic.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I'm pretty sure you couldn't, and if you do guess what. O snap I just got you fired for tampering with our property.

Awesome Terry! wrote:
t-800 wrote:
sigh.....

You seem disapointed Tom, surely you couldn't have expected anything else when you saw I was the last post on the topic.
That is what the sigh was for. I was expecting so much more than just a listening joke.

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:I'm pretty sure you couldn't, and if you do guess what. O snap I just got you fired for tampering with our property.
Sounds like a horrible place to work for anyways. Does everyone have to accept the iphone or are they fired?

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Sad Sorry Tom. I'm posting from work so I don't have a whole lot of time to come up with witty responses, between dodgin the boss and helping customers.

Awesome Terry! wrote:Sad Sorry Tom. I'm posting from work so I don't have a whole lot of time to come up with witty responses, between dodgin the boss and helping customers.
It is ok man. We can not be awesome all the time.

(/joking)

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HAHA Welcome to the world of business my friend. It is rare to find a company that dosn't have tracking on their company phones and vehicals. And yes if your job requires the use of a phone then you have to take it. You are free to leave your phone and or vehical here at work when your shift is over. Me? Well I like the perk of having a company phone and truck so I'm not worried if they know where I am at. Nobody cares to really look at thos logs anyway.

Still a massive invasion of privacy.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Um.... No its not.

chunckylover53

Eh whats the big deal about getting tracked? Hell if the business wants to give me a vehicle and a phone that there paying for then track away. I mean unless your going into terrorist meeting spots what do you have to hide? Plus they're proably only used during business hours so you should be working anyways.

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Um.... No its not.
So if a company has the ability to track everywhere you go and can do whatever they want with the information it does not invade your privacy?

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Because it's not done illegaly and without your knowledge. You don't want to be tracked while on company time then go get a job flipping burgers.

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Because it's not done illegaly and without your knowledge. You don't want to be tracked while on company time then go get a job flipping burgers.
You are being tracked ALL the time time though. It does not really matter if you are tracked on company time but off is completely different.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Do you not know how to read? Again. YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO LEAVE YOUR PHONE OR VEHICLE AT THE END OF YOUR SHIFT........

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Do you not know how to read? Again. YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO LEAVE YOUR PHONE OR VEHICLE AT THE END OF YOUR SHIFT........
You honestly think most people will do this? It should stop tracking the minute you get off of work simple as that.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Um no. If y ou want to use it for your own use then you understand what comes along with it.

Anyway this was amusing. When you grow up and enter the business world you may be in for some harsh realities.

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Um no. If y ou want to use it for your own use then you understand what comes along with it.

Anyway this was amusing. When you grow up and enter the business world you may be in for some harsh realities.
So what do they do with all that data they collect of you off work?

chunckylover53

lol Tom... What could they do with it? "Oh so and so went to walmart... interesting"

chunckylover53 wrote:lol Tom... What could they do with it? "Oh so and so went to walmart... interesting"
Then why do they need it?

chunckylover53

t-800 wrote:
chunckylover53 wrote:lol Tom... What could they do with it? "Oh so and so went to walmart... interesting"

it makes perfect sense if your employess are slacking off during business hours they you'll know to get rid of them or let them know you know whats going on. So they have the option to stop doing what they're doing wrong or just keep going ahead and then get fired. A business wants to be the most efficent as possible.

chunckylover53 wrote:
t-800 wrote:

it makes perfect sense if your employess are slacking off during business hours they you'll know to get rid of them or let them know you know whats going on. So they have the option to stop doing what they're doing wrong or just keep going ahead and then get fired. A business wants to be the most efficent as possible.
I said AFTER you are done working not while you are working.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

It's easy Tom. Buy you own god damn phone and leave my Iphone on your desk at the end of the day! It's written in plain english man!

chunckylover53

Well it's optional so that's on them if they choose to do so. But of course Tom your Mr.knowitall so you'll just keep saying other bullshit because you really think your right.

chunckylover53 wrote:Well it's optional so that's on them if they choose to do so. But of course Tom your Mr.knowitall so you'll just keep saying other bullshit because you really think your right.
Oh so what I am saying now is bullshit? You clearly did not read what I wrote. Only reason I can think they would want to track everywhere you go so that they know you are not stealing it or you lose it.

chunckylover53

t-800 wrote:
chunckylover53 wrote:Well it's optional so that's on them if they choose to do so. But of course Tom your Mr.knowitall so you'll just keep saying other bullshit because you really think your right.
Oh so what I am saying now is bullshit? You clearly did not read what I wrote. Only reason I can think they would want to track everywhere you go so that they know you are not stealing it or you lose it.

And that's why your wrong.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Engl;ish must be his second language. Maybe he does need to spend less time on here and more time on his studies!

chunckylover53 wrote:
t-800 wrote:

And that's why your wrong.
I want you to go back and read your walmart post. I assumed that you were replying to the comment I made before it.

chunckylover53

I already read all of it Tom your not makeing any sense.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

tom, lowjacking happens all the time.

loads of government vehicles are lowjacked, if they get stolen or crashed you can trace the locations. lowjacking business cars makes it harder for people to skive off work, and also recover stolen vehicles.

the company cars can be left at the office. you are doing your job when on shift, and leaving the car at the office when you are not. ''OMG HES DOING HIS JOB'' is all they will find out from the log.

and as for the phone:

A) you can leave it at the office, just like the car. if you dont want to be tracked, buy your own damn phone.

B) YOU CAN TRACE THE PHONE ANYWAY. if it has a signal you can track it. the only way to not get tracked is to take the battery out or block the signal.

C) technically its not your phone, so you wont be allowed to tamper with it as DL already said.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum