Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Apple comments on iphone tracking, says it does not do it.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Just lost so much respect for Apple.
http://techandvg.blogspot.com/2011/04/apple-comments-on-iphone-tracking-says.html

Zillah

Zillah

Apple comments on iphone tracking, says it does not do it. Her_name_is_rio_aw_jeez_not_this_shit_again2

Zillah wrote:Apple comments on iphone tracking, says it does not do it. Her_name_is_rio_aw_jeez_not_this_shit_again2

This is not about privacy but about how Apple is just lying now.

Wacco

I'm sorry, I still don't see why people are so upset. There's no such thing as privacy anymore, how are people just realizing that? And, how did they not figure out the iPhone tracks where you are when pretty much EVERY app asks you to allow it to use your current location? Are people brain-dead or something?

Wacco wrote:I'm sorry, I still don't see why people are so upset. There's no such thing as privacy anymore, how are people just realizing that? And, how did they not figure out the iPhone tracks where you are when pretty much EVERY app asks you to allow it to use your current location? Are people brain-dead or something?
People are upset because it is storing a years worth of tracking data that is unencrypted and is now lying about it. Most apps that say that use location data to help improve search results or help you find a new place to eat and can be turned off.

This is about Apple lying though.

Ante

Ante

I'm with Tom on this. Irrefutable proof that Apple is doing this and they're just like "Nope. Nuh uh. Wasn't us, don't know what you're talking about."

Screw you Apple.

ConciliarFox

ConciliarFox

Apple shouldn't be lying about it. Still, like I said before, tracking is nothing new.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum