New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yay, more laptop troubles.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yay, more laptop troubles. Empty Yay, more laptop troubles. 2011-04-21, 16:04

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

So I got the Recovery Disk last night from my friend.
And I just tried using it.

Do the usual, put it in Disk Drive, boot up laptop, it runs through all the setup junk and startup crap. Then prings me to a a page that just says

"Welcome to Setup. This portion ofthe setup program prepares Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP to run on your computer.....yaddayadda"

Then I have three options,

1) To set up Windows XP now, Press Enter.

2) To repair a Windows XP installation using recovery console, press R.

3) To quit without installing Windows XP, press F3.

No matter what option I choose. I get this message

"Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer.

Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may invole running a manufacturer-supplied diagnostic or setup program.

Setup cannot continue. To quit setup, press F3.

2Yay, more laptop troubles. Empty Re: Yay, more laptop troubles. 2011-04-21, 16:21

Sounds like your hard drive is corrupt. If you can do a full wipe and then install.

3Yay, more laptop troubles. Empty Re: Yay, more laptop troubles. 2011-04-21, 16:28

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Hoes does I go about doing that?

4Yay, more laptop troubles. Empty Re: Yay, more laptop troubles. 2011-04-21, 16:36

The Plutonian wrote:Hoes does I go about doing that?
Well formating the drive will erase EVERYTHING off of it including the OS. Do you have backups of all of your data and a real copy of windows?

5Yay, more laptop troubles. Empty Re: Yay, more laptop troubles. 2011-04-21, 16:39

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I never got a chance to back up my data. And the only data I really care about is my music, which is all on my Ipod 120 gig, so I can easily transfer that back over.

But what do you mean a real copy of Windows?

All I have is the recovery disk. I might have a disk for my old laptop somewhere, but I don't think so.

6Yay, more laptop troubles. Empty Re: Yay, more laptop troubles. 2011-04-21, 16:43

The Plutonian wrote:I never got a chance to back up my data. And the only data I really care about is my music, which is all on my Ipod 120 gig, so I can easily transfer that back over.

But what do you mean a real copy of Windows?

All I have is the recovery disk. I might have a disk for my old laptop somewhere, but I don't think so.
Ok what kind of laptop do you have? I need to know so I kind find how to recover without the disc since it is not working. Also recovering windows will wipe everything anyways lol.

7Yay, more laptop troubles. Empty Re: Yay, more laptop troubles. 2011-04-21, 16:54

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Its a Dell HP Pavilion dv1000.

Its old, but I got it for free, and I don't have the money to buy a new one right now.

8Yay, more laptop troubles. Empty Re: Yay, more laptop troubles. 2011-04-21, 16:55

Dell HP!!??!

9Yay, more laptop troubles. Empty Re: Yay, more laptop troubles. 2011-04-21, 16:57

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

lol!! No, just an Hp. I was looking at the Dell logo on our desktop while typing that. My bad,

10Yay, more laptop troubles. Empty Re: Yay, more laptop troubles. 2011-04-21, 17:01

Try turning the computer off and right when you turn on the computer hit F11. Tell me if that does not work.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum