Kenshiro
Ante
Zillah
Frostbyrn
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109678-New-Need-For-Speed-The-Run-Uses-Battlefield-3-Engine

Trailer looks pretty awesome and D 3.0 in a racing game sounds awesome

Zillah

Zillah

D 3.0 in a racing game? how many building are you going to be knocking over???

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

With my Driving,not many

But i plan to put a women behind the wheel Very Happy

Ante

Ante

I wonder if they could incorporate the D3.0 physics into vehicle damage. Hmm.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah thats why i think they are using it

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Piledrive the supports to a sky scraper. Then it falls onto the race track while you take the shortcut thought the sky scraper that just fell.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Legion wrote:I wonder if they could incorporate the D3.0 physics into vehicle damage. Hmm.

That's my guess as to what it's going to be used for. Finally, a racing game where the car will actually take damage that's real and not just some prefabricated dents and dings like in some of those other racing games. That never did make much sense to me as to why car companies were against that.

Chewy

Chewy

Hm, I wonder if the damage will be able to compete with GRID's.

I was kind of disappointed by the last NFS game(Hot Pursuit). It was a pretty good game but really lacking in content, it got old pretty fast.

Last edited by Chewy on 2011-04-30, 12:41; edited 1 time in total

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

Interesting. Not too bothered about Need for Speed, but if they put this in a Burnout game it would be the bestest driving game EVAR!

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Turian Councillor wrote:Interesting. Not too bothered about Need for Speed, but if they put this in a Burnout game it would be the bestest driving game EVAR!

I love the Burnout series! I couldn't begin to imagine the awesome destruction you could do with this engine in that type of game.

I personally kind of gave up on the NFS series when they came out with that Canyon Drift or whatever it was. It was the one right after Most Wanted. Loved Most Wanted, as it was the right amounts of arcade and style, but then the "sequel" came out and it was horrible. I used the first car I got to beat the whole game without doing much upgrading to it. I picked up Undercover, and that was kind of like Most Wanted, but there was way too much talking, story, and horrible plot. Burnout is great because it's basically just get in your car and drive into some shit. Wreck other people and watch the traffic just pile up. I do miss the one mode they used to have, forget what it's called, but you just basically drove your car into traffic to try and get the most money that you could. It was awesome!

Chewy

Chewy

I hated how they removed the crash mode from Burnout. That is what made the game before.

I like free roam and all but they should at least have it cut out so you could do that instead of just giving you the option to bounce around every time you crash. Those huge pileups in the older Burnout games were completely hilarious and you couldn't nearly get them to that level in Paradise.

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Captain Pirate Pineapple

Chewy wrote:I hated how they removed the crash mode from Burnout. That is what made the game before.

I like free roam and all but they should at least have it cut out so you could do that instead of just giving you the option to bounce around every time you crash. Those huge pileups in the older Burnout games were completely hilarious and you couldn't nearly get them to that level in Paradise.

Yes, that was the mode. It really did make that game for me. I loved driving against the AI and wrecking them into walls and stuff and watching their cars flip around. Some of the destruction you could do in the older games was crazy. It did seem like they made it tamer in the Paradise so they could have a larger world.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Black Dynamite wrote:
Turian Councillor wrote:Interesting. Not too bothered about Need for Speed, but if they put this in a Burnout game it would be the bestest driving game EVAR!

I love the Burnout series! I couldn't begin to imagine the awesome destruction you could do with this engine in that type of game.

I personally kind of gave up on the NFS series when they came out with that Canyon Drift or whatever it was. It was the one right after Most Wanted. Loved Most Wanted, as it was the right amounts of arcade and style, but then the "sequel" came out and it was horrible. I used the first car I got to beat the whole game without doing much upgrading to it. I picked up Undercover, and that was kind of like Most Wanted, but there was way too much talking, story, and horrible plot. Burnout is great because it's basically just get in your car and drive into some shit. Wreck other people and watch the traffic just pile up. I do miss the one mode they used to have, forget what it's called, but you just basically drove your car into traffic to try and get the most money that you could. It was awesome!

Most wanted was the shit. Loved that game. It's still the best NFS of this generation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum