New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hi-Point pistol/carbine and gun talk:)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

How do the gun guys/girls here feel about hi-point?I've been watching youtube reviews and it seems to hold up fine using dirty Russian ammo,and for $150 brand new seem like a cheap durable home defense tool.I'd team it with a shotgun of course,but just wondered what the views are.

Maybe I listened to too many gun snobs who said Glock was the only way to go...Don't know if I want to drop 500+ on just one gun =/

I've really been wanting an AK47 or 74 but the prices have skyrocketed here locally,and I don't wanna buy online...too wary of a scam =/.I've never cared much for AR's.The big price point leads me away from em,and I don't like having to baby a gun

feel free to have any other gun talk here you want Smile.If I have a fortune,I'd build a huge collection.I love em.

Thinking about picking up a Pardner Pump 12 gauge.From everything I've seen,they're actually better quality than the 870 Express out now for half the price

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I have no experience with Hi-point myself... I don't think I've ever even read a review on them. Which model/style are you thinking of getting?

I'm also not a Glock fan. Great guns, but I can't hit shit with them. The grip angle just doesn't work for me... I'm also not a huge fan of strikers.

Personally I think you should get a Mateba in .454 Casull. That way if the burglar tries to get away you
can shoot him through your house.

I want one of these sooooooooooooo bad, finding one for sale is a bitch. Finding one for sale at a good
price is becoming a life trial. Mad

Hi-Point pistol/carbine and gun talk:) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvWzOsG7QOucoLaRW3_3tlEtl2bVdwFXcKaKQUIUSMw3yRLd1N

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Taurus makes a Raging Bull model that shoots 45 Long Colt,.410 shot shell,and .454 Casull.

Hmm,since all the hi point mags are 10 rounds anyway,I'm thinking of going with .40 cal.

I shot a .45 before and although I was 17 at the time,that thing kicked more than a .357 revolver I shot >__>.

I'm sure 9mm would be fine though as long as you use Hollow Points,hell I heard 380 was good if you use hollow points.

40 seems like a good "strong" round while not being too recoil heavy.The hi points aren't supposed to recoil alot anyways however being thick and heavy.The knocks on them really come from feeding issues sometimes,and that's mostly to the mag lips being slightly bent,or the feed ramp needing to be polished.A common thing to do to many guns,including Glock or the even more expensive Springfield >__>

They're blowback design,like the old Russian Makarov,so they're simple and probably durable.It's funny I heard so much bad things about them because they're "ugly and cheap" ,I was reading and I heard people back in the day used to say the same thing about the SKS and AK,and I'd take them over an AR any day.

The shotgun I want to get is actually made by a division of Remington,H&R(New England Firearms) so it's kinda like the Maverick 88 being a cheaper version of the Mossberg 500.

Voltaire

Voltaire

Personally I wouldn't touch a Hi-point with another persons hand. The only reason those things sell is because they cost $150 in states like mine and the criminals buy it here and sell it for $1500 in New York.

When it comes to Glocks, I have seen them going for about $350 to $450. I like how durable Glocks are and I have seen, held and shot quite a few of them and while they don't really work well for me, they are very good firearms.

https://www.youtube.com/user/voltaire9

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I've been looking around and found some cheap SKS's today,but the damn people never text me back when I asked if they would meet me......Even found some cheap AK's.

Good lord,this one guy was selling an M14 for 2,000+ ....lol good luck tryin to sell that in this economy....

I saw an SKS model M,that takes AK mags from the factory for 475.Cheaper than an AK now days,I hope the guy gets back to me.

all the pistols I've seen are WAY over priced or the cheaper ones I wouldn't want anyway like a 380 or old ass revolvers or old ass shotguns and rifles that cost an arm and a leg... *sigh*

I saw 2 AK 74s but they were high quality and they wanted like 1100 for them lol....I only have like 600 to spend.I saw some yugo AK's but they wanted too much for them,and plus,I doubt the bore is chrome lined which is something I want,plus the bayonet would be a plus.I saw a MAK 90 (chinese AK clone) for like 900 and was like -___-

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Really? Damn. I owned a pre-ban Mak 90 once and it only cost me about $150 brand spankin' new. AK's didn't used to be expensive at all. I had no idea they had gone up in price.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Yeah I wish I had of nabbed one back in the day...I guess they shot up cuz of Obama lol

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Is he putting some gun-ban in place that I'm not aware of?

Or is it a case of people panic-buying because they're afraid that's what he's going to do and that caused price to shoot up.

TexasMace

TexasMace

Have a Hi-Point 9mm that I bought from a neighbor. It's never jammed but its isn't accurate at all. It's also very heavy and it's manufacturing is shoddy.
There is another problem with it...not one gun shop or pawn shop will take it for sale or trade around here.
It's a cheap pistol just for kicks but don't trust it.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

ah...yeah I kinda figured.

I saw a Smith and Wesson .380 brand new with mag and laser for 350 a guy was wanting...

not sure if I want the "measly" .380 though =/

I have a guy supposed to come from Dallas to meet me on sat. to sell me this high quality Hungarian pre ban SA 85 AK 7.62x39 rifle.It has bayonet lug and 30 round mag and slant muzzle brake.He asked 850 at first but went down to 675 since he said his primary weapon now is a FAL.

I don't think I could pass on this deal Wink

Yeah the prices shot up because everybody thought Obama was gonna ban guns and stuff...bleh.

I looked at 1 pawn shop here today and they didn't have anything good besides a shitload of old shotguns and a .410 saiga that they wanted waaay too much.Saiga's sure have skyrocketed in price too....

I'm going to check out the other pawn shop here in the morning and see what they have.Maybe if I see a cheap SKS or AK I'll pick it up Very Happy

I know it's ghetto,but I found a great gun light for 17 bucks at wal mart.heavy duty coleman 90 lumans LED flashlight.Came with 3 AAA duracell and spiky tip for stabbing if need be.I'll either duck tape it or find some of that black tape that slips my mind as for its name.....but I'll tape it to the gun solidly somehow XD

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

'spikey tip for stabbing'

that gun is PRO!

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

Razz

Maybe I'll get a Yugo M70 underfolding stock AK from a guy about 1.5 hours from me for 600.Good quality AK and better built than cheaper ones.I like the pistol grip that's already on it,and you could put a grenade launcher on it lol.

after I get one,if it doesn't come with a bayonet I'll pick one up.I saw a true Russian bayonet but it was 80 bucks >__>

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum