Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

So I watched the documentary "Beyond the Mat" last night for the first time ever.

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Ok, I don't know how many of you watched/used to watch wrestling, but I am fairly certain that you guys have heard of this match, The Mankind vs The Rock Royal Rumble 1999 I Quit Match.

Now wrestling is fake, but with Mick Foley, or Mankind in the match. You knew that shit was real. He never beleived he really put on a show for the fans unless he really got his body beaten. Which explains why he allowed himself to take 2 Bumps(term for those "FAKE" hits in wrestling)off a 15 foot steel cage while facing the Undertaker.

Now, I have seen this I Quit match a good 20 times. But last night when I watched the scene of the documentary where it showed Mick Foley's wife and 2 young kids reactions to this match as they sat in the front view, left me shivering.

But here is some of the highlights of that match:
[youtube]<iframe width="480" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n-BfidfpY58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

Now if you watch the last of that clip, with all those chair shots he took, THOSE WERE REAL. I don't know what it is, but seeing his two kids in tears as their dad was busted up and bloodied, really shook me.

If none of you have see that documentary, you should. Its nice to see the otherside of the wrestlers when they arent wrestling. Shows what they gio through, both mentally and physically. And shows what their families go through as they go out and "FAKE" wrestle.

chunckylover53

Damn.. How is he alive?

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I have nO idea my friend. But even that match I posted was pretty tame, despite the fact he had to have stitches right after and was left bloody and bruised.

The dude used to work for a corporation named ECW, which stood for Extreme Championship Wrestling. This company, just like WWE and TNA, the matches outcomes were all predetermined and crap. But unlike both companys the fighting was not choreographed at all or scripted. It was real. This guy and countless others are were lit on fire, fought in rings with barb wire ropes instead of elevator cables, beat with whatever weapons they could grab. He'll, for a while Tuesday's were known as "Bring your own weapon night!". Which meant fans brought weapons for the wrestlers to hopefully use.

Hell this guy wrestled down in japan for a while. And we all know how batshit insane they are with their wrestling. He was freaking blown up once. But I have watched hundreds of those matches of his, but seeing his families reaction to that one mildly tame(but still voilent and bloody nonetheless)led me shaking.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I remember that match.

That was a good one, but few top that 1999 match

chunckylover53

Damn Melina is hot...

Zillah

Zillah

look its GM!

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I AM NOT!

lukasthebutcher

I am a HUGE wrestling fan and this was one of the best documentaries on it ever. Considering i have trained to do this, i know what it's like it. Seeing Jake Roberts like that was hard though, such a good talent wasted

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum