Ars Diaboli
Kitsune
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1May sell my 360... Empty May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 18:12

Kitsune

Kitsune

I'm kinda just thinking about it right now. I really need the money for food (unless I get foodstamps) and I want to be able to get something for my 21st birthday. I don't really play it anymore, but I'm halfway tempted to keep it for GoW (I won't be getting BF3, sorry, looks amazing, but I know I'll get way too mad at it) or Oblivion, and to play the BF3 while it's in the BETA stage. That, and my younger sibling has been playing it. I don't know; I only really play Minecraft and League of Legends nowadays? Should I sell it? Or keep it just in case?

Also, my LIVE is running out soon, and I'm not going to have any money to renew it.

2May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 18:19

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

If you don't play, there's no reason to have it.

If there's shit you want to play, unless it's absolutely necessary to get cash, I wouldn't sell it.

Both GoW and BF3 make me rage sometimes, but in different ways Laughing

3May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 18:22

Symbolic

Symbolic

You know youll rage way to much over a game that hasnt been released? scratch

4May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 18:23

TheGM

TheGM

May sell my 360... 19SZ

5May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 18:28

Kitsune

Kitsune

Symbolic wrote:You know youll rage way to much over a game that hasnt been released? scratch

BF3 looks to be extremely rage-inducing; just the nature of the game. Noobs driving around in their douchemobiles are really annoying to me, and in BF3, they will be everywhere. CoD has campers, BF3 has vehicles, GoW3 will probably have annoying shotguns, but I'll be playing Horde only, most likely. I have migrated more to strategy games than FPS, because I'm beginning to like that winning is more about skill/organized teams than luck/using OP weapons, I may even get a gaming computer, if I can finally get a job.

And yes, GM! Those damn clouds, always raining when you need to work outside! xD I think I need to yell at them a little more often, and see if they come back.

6May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 18:33

Duck

Duck

Do you have a job?

7May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 18:36

Kitsune

Kitsune

No; been trying for 3 years. Recently applied at Walmart, a gas station, and a few other places. I applied when McDonald's did that huge hiring thing, and GameStop as well, but never made it through the interviews (most likely didn't have enough experience, such a paradox our society creates). I'm hoping I eventually get one; I don't know why I just can't get hired.

8May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 18:37

Symbolic

Symbolic

I really dont understand how you can play CoD Kitsune, then proceed to rage at BF. CoD is the king of cheap noob tactics. Not to mention half the player base is under the age of 17.

I still dont get why you rant on the vehicle so bad in a BATTLEFIELD game. Not being a jerk, just honestly confused. BF has always had a focus on vehicles, ALWAYS. That isnt going anywhere, and it shouldnt. Even with the tanks and choppers, any BF game is about 150% more balanced than any CoD game.

Just my opinion, as Ive seen you use this example for over a year. I just think if you hate vehicles that much the BF games are obviously not for you. Personally I cannot play twitch arcade shooters anymore, all taken place on small arena style levels. Puke.

9May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 18:39

Symbolic

Symbolic

Honest question- Dont you live with your rents?

if so why would you need foodstamps?

10May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 18:40

Duck

Duck

Well he doesn't like vehicles so he doesn't like Battlefield... seems simple enough.

I went down to ace hardware to get some supplies donated for my Eagle Project and also asked for an application at the same time so I think I got a good chance to get in there.

11May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 18:44

Kitsune

Kitsune

Oh no. Trust me. I hate CoD just as equally as I do BF, if not more at times. CoD devolves into camping in corners with overpowered weapons, and BF devolves into using a single weapon that is slightly better than the others, then camping in a vehicle. The thing is though, I can stun/flash campers, then kill them easily, if they get me once; a good vehicle crew is nearly unstoppable, unless everybody on your team is playing Engineer, which kinda changes the game back into CoD, in the fact that you are forced to play one class, or face a serious disadvantage. The number of vehicles in BF makes it so that you may as well play Engineer, or you play a class that is basically the bitch of the Engineer class, making sure that they don't die/run out of ammo.

Vehicles are cool, but they make infantry gameplay worthless, especially when they can single-handedly destroy objectives from great distances, guarantee the user a 3-5 K/D every time they use one, and respawn every 30 seconds or so. In CoD, some asshole can camp in a corner, kill me once, then I'm going to know what he's up to, shoot him through the wall/stun them, then just kill them repeatedly because I know what I'm doing. Vehicles in BF can take multiple rockets AND be repaired, and if they are destroyed, it's no biggy, because they're back in 30 seconds. If they set the respawn time to 3-5 minutes or so, and be treated as a power weapon-type of deal, they would be fine, IMO.

Also, I didn't want to turn this into an argument about this. If you do, I will go make another topic about it. I just wanted to mention that I'm getting out of FPS as a whole (switching to strategy games), and wanted to know if I should sell my 360, because I'm not probably going to play it much anymore, and won't be able to get on LIVE (subscription expiring), or if I should keep it, just in case.

12May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 18:49

Kitsune

Kitsune

Symbolic wrote:Honest question- Dont you live with your rents?

if so why would you need foodstamps?

I live with my Dad; however, we don't exactly have a lot of money (had to cancel satellite TV). Not only that, but he usually just gets his own lunch, because he's at work all-day, and sometimes he cooks dinner. He does get groceries, but towards the end of the month, we're always running out of stuff; I don't have a job, so I can't afford to help pay for groceries, unforunately, so I'm going to get foodstamps, so I can get enough food to be able to eat enough for the day, and it'll last through the month, as well as get some that's healthier (living mainly on chili/noodles). I've been hoping I could find a job and slowly work my way up until I have enough money that I can move out, but I just can't get one it seems. :/

13May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 18:59

Symbolic

Symbolic

Not arguing man. Just asking a legitimate question. And you answered it perfectly. Opinion is opinion, and I can respect that.

Also hope you can get food stamps. you should be a shoe in due to not having a job atm I would imagine. At least thats how it is in Oregon. Best of luck man.

On topic. I wouldnt sell it as youll probably regret it once fall rolls around.

14May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 19:04

Kitsune

Kitsune

Alright; I kinda misinterpreted that, I'm sorry.

Thanks. I'm going to try, once my Dad gets back from his camping trip (I'm housesitting right now). What's a shoe-in?

Alright; I'll keep it. I guess even if I don't have LIVE, I can still play split-screen/SP, or if I get a job, I can buy myself LIVE again. I only really want GoW3. The Horde mode enough makes me want to buy it, based off of what I've seen.

15May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 19:13

Symbolic

Symbolic

It just means it should be pretty automatic for you to get approved. You have no income atm, and I would be very surprised if you dont get them.

16May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 19:18

Kitsune

Kitsune

Oh, alright. The only thing I'm kinda worried about is the fact that I'm considered a dependent, but I'm thinking I should get something anyways.

17May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 22:09

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I know what you mean dude....I haven't had luck with a job in the 2 and a half years since I graduated..... All these places want all this experience but how the hell are we supposed to get it if nobody hires us in the 1st place?

I worked at a BBQ place for like 2 months,but then they hired these 2 illegals and paid them half of minimum wage I guess,then the place said they couldn't afford me anymore......

I'm like really stuck in life.....I don't even have a ride back and forth to the community college here if I wanted to go.Although they don't have any classes worth a damn here really...

Did the whole online school thing,but they scammed me pretty much.....

my 360 just sits there now days too,I'm just keeping it for Skyrim honestly.....I'm poor as the damn dirt right now,really my internet should be off since I haven't paid it in 2 months....my only income for me,my bro and mom is the measly 120 bucks in child support my dad sometimes pay,and food stamps....

18May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 22:13

Grey

Grey

JrTapia1991 wrote:I know what you mean dude....I haven't had luck with a job in the 2 and a half years since I graduated..... All these places want all this experience but how the hell are we supposed to get it if nobody hires us in the 1st place?

That I never understood.

19May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 22:17

Zillah

Zillah

I think they might mean college.

20May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 22:19

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

It doesn't help that I'm in shitty hillbilly redneck east Tx,where it's mostly stuck up old people......

only thing in my town is walmart,and flipping burgers.....

I dunno how all the drop outs can get hired at walmart,I was top of my class at the small school I went to.Sure it might only be cleaning the floors at midnight but at least it's a job.....I'm so damn sick and tired of bein poor.Now I see why everybody in this town just becomes a drug dealer >__>

21May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 22:21

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Rainbow War wrote:
JrTapia1991 wrote:I know what you mean dude....I haven't had luck with a job in the 2 and a half years since I graduated..... All these places want all this experience but how the hell are we supposed to get it if nobody hires us in the 1st place?

That I never understood.

You can do volunteer work for experience.

22May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 22:40

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

Or do a bad job.

Like working at a warehouse.

People look for certain traits for certain jobs.

Wanna work at Walmart? Smile and put up with people.

Same deal with McD's.

Just find a job that you don't need to be a suave bastard to perform well at.

Like working at a warehouse, stocking things or bringing them down.

Hell, work at a Walmart warehouse and all you really do is get told what to get and what to put away, then do them. No mess, no irritating customers, no feigned happiness.

23May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 22:44

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

>__> that's all there is are bad jobs here...

when I tried at taco bell the manager told me that my application was too good for them and I never got the job.how fucked up is that -__-

I'm moving more in town to a new apt in a couple days,thank the spaghetti monster.being here at my dads with a broke a.c. in this 105 degree texas desert heat is killing me....at least there's air condition at the apt.

I'm gonna try at gamestop,brookshires,mazzios,walmart,dollar store,dollar general.

I tried digging ditches with my dad one day in this heat for 60 bucks and I nearly died.I dunno how people can do that stuff.I must have went through 10 gatoraids that day and sweat all of em out.

>__> I couldn't work at the walmart warehouse here,they're really picky,and they have no air condition for whatever reason.I'd be happy flipping burgers as long as there's air condition...

I'll try at the dominos pizza too,my friend is supposed to be the manager there and she's the biggest pothead ever lmao

24May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-08, 22:48

Kenshiro

Kenshiro

JrTapia1991 wrote:>__> that's all there is are bad jobs here...

when I tried at taco bell the manager told me that my application was too good for them and I never got the job.how fucked up is that -__-

I'm moving more in town to a new apt in a couple days,thank the spaghetti monster.being here at my dads with a broke a.c. in this 105 degree texas desert heat is killing me....at least there's air condition at the apt.

I'm gonna try at gamestop,brookshires,mazzios,walmart,dollar store,dollar general.

I tried digging ditches with my dad one day in this heat for 60 bucks and I nearly died.I dunno how people can do that stuff.I must have went through 10 gatoraids that day and sweat all of em out.

>__> I couldn't work at the walmart warehouse here,they're really picky,and they have no air condition for whatever reason.I'd be happy flipping burgers as long as there's air condition...

I'll try at the dominos pizza too,my friend is supposed to be the manager there and she's the biggest pothead ever lmao

That one, do that one. But think carefully on your intended role.

25May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 00:55

Kitsune

Kitsune

What I also still don't understand is how do all the high school drop-outs get jobs (not intending to insult/offend), but I can't? I completed high school; I wasn't a great/poor student, merely average, but I stayed out of trouble. I have submitted letters of recommendation on certain applications that needed a resume (which I included as well), and even when I was doing well in college, I still wasn't ever even given so much as a call back. It's just really frustrating/disappointing, and I feel bad for anybody else going through this as well, because it's really just discouraging at times.

26May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 01:02

Ante

Ante

Do you mark yourself as available at all times every day of the week? And don't put down anything for preferred wage. I've never been turned down for a retail/restaurant job.

27May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 01:14

Kitsune

Kitsune

Yes, I mark myself able to work any hour of the week, any day, and I always leave wage either blank or "min", for minimum wage. I don't ask for anything really, and I would gladly even just clean the floors/bathrooms during the graveyard shift if I had to, but apparently those jobs are even taken. It just really sucks.

I even went to the huge interview things they had; when Gamestop did it, about 50-100 people showed up, but out of 30 hired, I wasn't one of them. A lot of people at went to the McDonald's one, so I didn't expect to get hired that much, but I did my best, but still wasn't hired. I've tried 100's of times, but have never had so much as an interview, let alone a callback.

28May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 01:20

Ante

Ante

You live in a rural area right? If so, that probably makes it a lot harder... I dunno man. Start selling moon rocks. People love that shit. Just don't tell NASA.

29May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 01:24

Kitsune

Kitsune

Lol. Yeah, I do live in a small town (about 3,000 people), but I tried in Spokane several times, but wasn't hired there as well (I even said I had transportation, even though I would've probably ridden into town for a bit, then taken a bus to get to work). Maybe it's because I'm a white male, and not a minority Razz

30May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 03:13

Bama Psycho

Bama Psycho

Honestly getting a job a lot of the time is more about who you know than what you know...I went through lots of crappy jobs before I had a good one and at all of them except one I already knew someone that worked there that could put in a good word for me. I've worked at Walmart, Burger King, 2 different grocery stores, a warehouse(twice), a couple of manufacturing places and finally got an IT job supporting NASA(which I got laid off from back in April after almost 6 years there)...the only one where I didn't already know someone that was working there was one of the grocery stores. I would also suggest that if there are any temp agencies around check with them, if its a decent one they will find somewhere to put ya to work.

To your original topic...if you're not playing the 360, its just sitting there collecting dust, and you don't see yourself playing it in the future you might as well get some money for it while you can.

31May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 03:26

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I'm fortunate to have a job at the moment (Been working at a grocery store for the past five years) and I can't seem to find a better one. This is part of the reason why I'm going into the Air Force, guaranteed job for the next four to six years with pretty good pay and all my major living expenses are covered for free pretty much.

I can understand why you'd rage about both franchises, and you explained your reasons well. I'll respect your opinion even though I disagree with some of it, the BF series requires team work and sadly, if you're playing with smurfs, 99.9% of the time you just don't have the coordination to accomplish anything. Even when I'm running with all my friends in a squad of four, we tend to lose a lot because of stupid team mates.

On topic of the 360, if you know you'll have games you'll want later, I'd say keep it if you can. But food takes priority over entertainment any day, so if you're in need of the cash, sell it. You can always buy another one later, you can't easily fix and ulcer caused by starving and what have you.

32May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 12:41

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I'd think about selling my 360 if I could get more for it....it's an old fat model black elite 120gb HDD.Probably would never get more than $100 for it,and that seems a waste as much time and money I've put in the thing.

yea that's true it's more about who you know than anything.

*shrug* the world sucks.I've come to accept it,just wish I had a little cash.I'm not asking to become rich.I'm happy being an ordinary person

33May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 12:55

D

I say keep the Xbox unless you are in extremely dire need of the cash. I know it sounds odd, but you can get so much out of your Xbox, plus like Jr said, you'll basically get shorted.

Hang in there guys, I remember being young and not being able to find a job, it sucked back then, and it's much worse these days I'm sure so I commend you guys for having the courage to get out there and apply for jobs. It's daunting, but keep trying and you guys will find something.

Money issues are the worst. It never seems like I make enough either >_<

34May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 13:07

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

the job market in small towns is horrible.

literally in the town my friend has just moved to, every single job for teens or youngs adults has 50 applicants. there is basically no work going.

i just do temporary work for a family friend (a builder/decorator) painting rooms whenever he needs me to. temporary work isnt exactly a 'job' as such, but it gives you something to work with and you can get references from it.

35May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 13:38

Duck

Duck

go volunteer at a soup kitchen or something if you can't find work. That counts as experience for something at least and employers like to see that kind of stuff.

36May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 14:25

Kitsune

Kitsune

Well, I guess I'll keep my 360 just in case. There may be some type of soup kitchen/volunteer work in Spokane, but not one here. I'll have to look online/phone book and see if there is one. Either way, I hope I can get my food stamps.

37May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 16:20

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I guess just lie like a motherfucker on the applications lol,I've never done it,but really thinking about it.

even alot of people with skills and degrees can't get a job or are lucky to be flipping burgers in this sorry ass economy.

I wonder how long before the riots start here,like they are in london right now...

>__> better stock up on guns and ammo and food and water before that happens.Shame I sold my SKS and shotgun Sad

38May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 16:23

D

Careful lying on applications guys, that can extremely hurt you.

39May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 16:27

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

that's why I've never done it,but I'm gonna study ways to do it smartly Razz.Like say I worked for so and so........and just give them a friends cell number or a parents.Good thing they have different last names than me Razz

40May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 17:03

D

I do interviews regularly at my job. Make sure your story is ****ing bulletproof, otherwise your interviewer WILL find out.

41May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 19:48

Crombie

Crombie

Heads up, long post.

Step 1:Revamp your resume.

I've never NOT had someone at least call me back. Talk to a friend/relative that's gotten a job on their own -->read: not known someone in the company, and get them to help you rewrite your resume. Spread those out to everything and anything, even if you think you aren't qualified (not like CEO of XY company or anything ridiculous though) because you never know. Like others have said, apply at whatever your interested in.

Step 2:Tradesman

Go to construction sites in your area and talk to the foreman to see if you can push a broom around various work sites. Talk to tradesmen (plumbing, elec, HVAC, Bricklaying etc) and shoot for an apprenticeship. Trades are going to take a massive hit in the next 10 years as more and more baby boomers retire and no one is around to take their places. Not to mention you can get your journeyman classification with ZERO debt (Fuck you, University) because your working while you go to school (2 months a year for 3 years).

I'm telling you kids right now, that there is plenty of money in trade work. My good friend fresh out of highschool had no idea what he wanted to do, his dad told him to get a trade till he figures it out. He got on Plumbing, and got his Jman cert. after 3 years with enough money to buy a small apartment. My other buddy got on installing elevators, he's now a foreman and runs a crew of his own. Another buddy;Electrician, Another; Carpenter. While they were out making money, their buddies were racking up student loans. While they were buying houses, their friends were in their last year of College/Uni... Food for thought.

Step 3: (semi) Recession proof jobs

EMS/EMT, firefighters, police, nursing, any medical or emergency based job is (almost) recession proof. Small towns are both fantastic and completely horrible for firefighters/EMS/Police, on the up side you'll likely never lose your job, you'll get paid well, and you'll enjoy what you do. On the horrible side, it can be hard to get in because guys are in there for LIFE and you have to wait for people to retire. (see note above about baby boomers) Also on the bad side (if you're like Greg/Terry/Symbolic or myself) is you can't smoke weed... but you can drink yourself retarded every night if your so inclined. Which leads us to:

Another great recession proof job... Liqour store clerk/cashier/stocker/etc. In a recession liquor sales go through the roof, apply at liquor stores. If your small town is anything like the towns I've lived in, you likely have 1 on every corner... or even right next to each other. Plus you get discounts, one of the most fun jobs I've ever had was working in a liquor store.

Finally... Good luck.

42May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 20:04

Zillah

Zillah

hmmm, i like step 2. although at my age i dont think im going to have much luck getting a job in construction. plumbing sounds like a tough job.

I'd also love to work at a convenience store or something.

43May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 21:09

Mrs. Terry of Hat

Mrs. Terry of Hat

I agree with the above. Resumes are EVERYTHING nowadays, even if you are just applying at McDonalds. My brother's girlfriend just had an interview and the guy said he had 80+ applicants and the first thing he did was throw away all of the resumes without cover letters.

I have a Bachelor's degree and am working on my Master's and it took me four months to find my new job. I'm lucky in that I knew an administrator at the last preschool I worked at it, and even though it was a terrible job I could stick it out until I found my new job. But I mean I worked my ass off -- putting in applications everyday, at least one or two callbacks on every application, hours of revamping my resume and writing cover letters and emails and job searching online...it sucked, every minute of it. And it only led to three interviews.

Funny thing is, I got two calls today about jobs I applied to about two months ago. Every time I get a new job I get like ten more phone calls about jobs haha!

Also, make sure you are calling back places after you apply! I know a lot of places around here that won't even bother calling people, they wait until they get the call. It shows initiative.

44May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 21:16

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

>__> I don't have anything to put on a resume.Besides I worked at a BBQ place washing dishes for 2 months then they hired 2 illegals and said they couldn't afford me anymore...

what's good stuff to put on a resume?I feel so bad always doing applications and leaving a whole page or two blank or write N/A on it because it asks for job history -__-

I think the only reason I got the BBQ job was because I put I was good with computers and was top of my class when I graduated 2 years ago.Dunno what the hell that has to do with BBQ though lol

45May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 21:17

Khfan60

Khfan60

Good stuff, Crombie. I was thinking of taking up plumbing, mainly because I really don't want to go to college and I was told there was good money in it.

And...

Would you have to be of legal age to work at a liqour store? Im guessing you do...

46May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 21:19

Zillah

Zillah

yeah you have to be 21 to work at a liquor store. I think you might need to get some sort of liquor license to work at the register too.

Maintenance plumbing sounds like it would be really icky IMO.

47May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 21:20

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

yeah I don't feel like college either,and even if I did it's not like I could go to it anyway...I'm poor as the dirt and have no way back and forth and,my internet should technically be cut off right now as I haven't paid it in 2 months,and I got scammed when I did online college before.It's all money hungry greed fueling these places...

I hated school...was actually about to drop out but figured it was my last year so I just finished.

maybe if I dropped out I could of got a job at walmart like all the other people in my town do.. >__>

48May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 21:46

Crombie

Crombie

Zillah wrote:yeah you have to be 21 to work at a liquor store. I think you might need to get some sort of liquor license to work at the register too.

Maintenance plumbing sounds like it would be really icky IMO.

Oh right, you guys need to be 21 in the States...<.<. You don't need a liquor license, the owner/ shop has that.

Maintenance plumbing can be a little gross. But it's not an everyday thing, a lot of work is new rough ins and installs/renos. Think of it this way though, just for a plumber to walk in my house it's a min charge of 65$... then the work begins.

There's tons of trades out there mang; like cars? Mechanic. Like Heights? Glazer or Mason. Wanna make Sick money up here in the Alberta oil sands? Welder. Do a little research about some trades and figure out some long term goals or what you could be interested in.

I have to ask though, didn't any of you have jobs during the summer(s) of grade 11 or 12? Maybe I just wanted money but I've been in the work force since I was 15 working summers for extra cash.

49May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 21:53

Crombie

Crombie

JrTapia1991 wrote:>__> I don't have anything to put on a resume.Besides I worked at a BBQ place washing dishes for 2 months then they hired 2 illegals and said they couldn't afford me anymore...

what's good stuff to put on a resume?I feel so bad always doing applications and leaving a whole page or two blank or write N/A on it because it asks for job history -__-

I think the only reason I got the BBQ job was because I put I was good with computers and was top of my class when I graduated 2 years ago.Dunno what the hell that has to do with BBQ though lol

Then you need to highlight more school related achievements or other achievements in general. You say you were the top of your class in computers? start with that. Did you do any other school related things that had you "ahead" of the rest? What are your interests? good problem solving? work well under stress? What about your hobbies? have you done any volunteering? etc. etc.

50May sell my 360... Empty Re: May sell my 360... 2011-08-09, 22:07

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I've always looked for jobs here and there when I could.Transportation has always been my downfall pretty much and no job history.Interesting paradox they create.You need x amount of years of retail for example,but no place will give it to you in the first place -__- .

My mom said I should just apply to be a night stocker at walmart since I'm up all night most of the time anyway.idk though.Alot of the night people I've seen there aren't the kind of nice people I'd like to work with.All seem "gangsta" or ex cons >__>

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum