Epyk MD
Majora1988
D
StormEye
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1This website sucks... Empty This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 15:47

AT NOTHING!!!!! Didn't expect that now did ya? Anyway I made this topic just so that I could post my random nonsense in it, same goes for everyone else.

2This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 15:58

StormEye

StormEye

Someone did this during the opening week of this place.

And has been attempted several times before. LoL

I think everyone is expecting this sort of comment inside with such topic title.

3This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 15:59

D

Yep and to be honest I had the best comment on the matter when I said this topic fails at sucking.

4This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:00

Well then... Did you know that a solar mass is 1.98892 x10^30 kilograms and the sun weighs one solar mass????

5This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:01

Majora1988

Majora1988

Yeah, but the Sun rotates around a super-massive black hole which holds the entire galaxy together.

6This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:02

StormEye

StormEye

and one kilogram is equivalent to 89,875,517,873,681,764 joules of energy.

7This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:04

I did not know that Storm Very Happy

8This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:04

Majora1988

Majora1988

Or that an electron can be in two places at the same time?

9This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:08

Did you know that my cat is sick, and it's very sad.

10This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:09

Majora1988

Majora1988

Dawwww, poor kitty.

11This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:09

StormEye

StormEye

This website sucks... Mana_energy_potion_sixpack_package

12This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:11

Yeah, she drinks bath water and eats random things so I'm not really surprised. Last time she was sick she got a piece of foam rubber stuck in her, the stuff that you put under exercise equipment.

13This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:11

Majora1988

Majora1988

StormEye wrote:This website sucks... Mana_energy_potion_sixpack_package

I quaffed a green one of those once, my heart felt like it was going to beat out of my chest for six hours. I ended up watching the entire Friday the 13th series in a marathon.

14This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:11

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Majora1988 wrote:Or that an electron can be in two places at the same time?

*Eerie voice* Tiiiiiime Travel...

15This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:13

Time travel most likely isn't possible, just sayin.

16This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:14

Majora1988

Majora1988

Mr. Dr. Awesome wrote:

*Eerie voice* Tiiiiiime Travel...

Physics is weird, but I love it so much. Except the math...I can't do that stuff.

That's why I have a history degree as opposed to a usef...I mean science degree.

17This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:15

I love math, I'm awesome at it =]

18This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:18

StormEye

StormEye

If courses were different in my life, I would have studied Physics for my higher education.

19This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:18

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

uncertainty pricipal states you cannot know the velocity and location of an electron. therefore, NO!

20This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:19

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Bla....
Time dilation =Time travel possible...
Going faster then the speed of light w/o time travel not possible

I was under the impression that election duelality was due to a form of quantum tunneling, which under laws of special relativity, is faster than c, which is technically time travel.

21This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:20

You can't know both at the same time.

22This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:24

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

According to present theory Time/space is connected,

23This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:25

StormEye

StormEye

Actually, just by the act of moving we are spending different time compared to one another. And for those who are staying stationary they are still moving in the relative space due to the rotation, Earth's path, and gravity all acting on a said individual compared to the rest of the universe (or multiverse depending on what you follow as a scientific path).

24This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:28

Majora1988

Majora1988

Technically, if you follow the multi-verse theory, a Universe exists for every possible outcome that is possible to have happened.

25This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:30

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Maybe noticeable time travel is a better term?

I know the atomic clock experiment only showed something in the .000000000000023 second difference between the two

26This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:30

StormEye

StormEye

Some universes would have absolutely nothing because the balance of forces did not allow anything to happen.

27This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:34

Majora1988

Majora1988

There would also be universes where it still exists in a singularity, or where life evolves on Mars instead of Earth.

28This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:34

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Iv always been partial to the men in black or amazing stories theory.

That our universe is the building block (atom) of a larger entity

29This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:35

Majora1988

Majora1988

Makes you feel good and insignificant don't it?

30This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 16:36

Except we aren't in a locker lol.

31This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 17:17

TheJungle77

TheJungle77

My head hurts.

32This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-28, 22:16

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

Mr. Dr. Awesome wrote:Bla....
Time dilation =Time travel possible...
Going faster then the speed of light w/o time travel not possible

I was under the impression that election duelality was due to a form of quantum tunneling, which under laws of special relativity, is faster than c, which is technically time travel.

the universe could not have been created from nothing according to laws of matter, therefore, time is a loop and timetravel is how the universe was created, therefore POSSIBLE

33This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 01:01

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Scientists can see the "bigbang" happen by using telescopes utilizing microwave and redshift filters. They can only see a bit less than 500000 years after the bigbang though due to light being scattered and absorbed because of high mass objects in close proximity.

Most excepted theory is that time/space grew proportional with the universe causing the laws of relativity to be weakened/suspended for the .0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001(not actual num, but you get the picture) seconds it took for the universe to expand to its (as far as we can tell) incalculable size.
The universe is still expanding (in a fashion similar to a chocolate chip cookie as it bakes, the size expands, and the choc chips move farther apart from each other, but the mass stays the same.) But within the limits of relativity. (though some believe the initial outward push is still in a state of special relativity, and moving at speeds far,far,far greater than light, but we will prob never know since we can't see that far into past to get accurate calculations.)

34This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 01:03

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

my problem with the big bang is, what banged and how diid it get there

giggety

35This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 01:10

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Wasn't really an explosion. Most scientist believe that our universe will colaps in on its self once it reaches its point of "critical mass" for lack of a better word on my part. After it collapses on itself the process will start anew, as the universe "boils over"from a single point in space/time cuasing another bigbang most likely with new constants/laws on gravity and relativity that we can't even imagine

Infact that may even be the case for parts of our universe now.

36This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 01:12

How did it get there?
Scientists theorize that the big bang was caused by a few possibilities.
1. The big bang is something that occurs every (infinity) something years or so. The universe expands, and the bodies within it move further and further apart from each other until they lose momentum. Eventually their gravitational pull will attract each other once again, and this will lead to... THE BIG CRUSH! (I'm not joking, I know it sounds ridiculous)
Whereupon everything in the universe will collide. Then the cycle continues.

2. You know black holes? Do you have any idea where they lead to? Scientists don't. But they speculate that matter that is sucked into black holes has to go somewhere. Where does it go?
White Holes. Swear to god. These "white holes" spit the matter out back into the universe. But not our universe, no. They have no evidence of white holes existing within our universe. The matter is spat out into an alternate or parallel universe.

3. I forgot the other things I read about.

Anyway, with our current technology, there is no way to prove these ideas. The human race will likely not survive long enough to even find the answers to these questions. Are there parallel universes; is ours just one among billions; do the laws of physics as we know it even apply to these universes?

So yeah.

37This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 01:15

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

but everything had to start somewhere. empty space is empty space no matter which way its put.

my answer: distant future humans invent time travel to create the bang.
or god put the bang in place
42 (lulz)

38This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 01:17

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

cram when a bit more in depth...so what he said

39This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 01:20

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

maybe there is no concept of time in the fourth dimension or time is the fourth and where like the 6th adding some other 2 in

but im trying to speculate is the something created from nothing in the "begining" if there is one

40This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 01:25

1fnbighen wrote:but everything had to start somewhere. empty space is empty space no matter which way its put.

my answer: distant future humans invent time travel to create the bang.
or god put the bang in place
42 (lulz)

My answer? Matter has always existed. It just transfers from universe to universe, or continually plays its part in the big bang/crush. What it does between the bang and crush is just a side effect, whether it's being a part of a pebble on the surface of a moon, or being part of one of our blood cells.
Blame it on god if you want. I don't believe in god, because I can't. Life is a fluke, conscious thought even moreso. As sentient beings, we try to rationalize the universe through either religion (old style) or science (new style).
If you choose to try to understand the world you live in, and the universe that it inhabits, science will appeal to you. Science doesn't know everything, but it attempts to make sense of it. Each discovery leads to another.
If you just want to enjoy your short life, and not be burdened by such thoughts, then god and religion are great catch-all solutions to explain everything that you do not understand.

41This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 01:33

1fnbighen

1fnbighen

us three here is the thinker group. we need another one over here.

time travel fits so perfectly becasue one electron with no space pressure limits may expand to form a universe.

god may be a dimension manipulator or time traveler. we all in all dont know but eventually were going to get closer to knowing. turns out we may just be a impossibility thoought out so it came to be. like that bill and teds adventure thing where they leave stuff to break into their dads office

42This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 01:37

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

Most likely our big bang isn't the original big bang.

And remember time is only relevant to your perception of it. So there is really no way for us to know what happens, or what lives and dies in the span of a micro,micro,micro second
Or the eons it takes the universe to expand.

Take this theory.
Say our universe is an the equivalent of a cell in a larger, more complex entity... oh let's say "a pokemon" when said pokemon is conceived: From our perspective of things it seems instantaneous to the point we can't comprehend it. But scale up to momma pokemon perception of time, and it can be perceived in an actual frame of reference.
Scale down to our reference and countless eons have passed, back up to scale for momma pokemon, and baby pokemon is still only a mass of just a few of our Universe cells.

So it hard to justify that our universe came from absolute nothingness

43This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 02:00

This might be the most off topic thread I have ever seen and i have to say it is awesome.

44This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 04:11

I believe in both science and religion. I believe in a greater being, but I don't believe everything that a specific religion says. You cannot trust the human mind, as it is a very strong, yet very weak and pitiful at the same time. One minute, science says that red meat and coffee will give you cancer and kill you, the next minute, they say how great they are for your health, and how you should eat it everyday, then how it's bad again, etc. Also, look at all the medications and chemicals that are supposedly deemed"safe", but kill/cause illness to thousands of humans/animals (I can't think of a specific example right now, because it's 12:00 AM, but I know I could name some more tomorrow, but right now, all I can think of are Celebrex, DDT, and MSG). Science changes it's mind from one minutes to the next, back and forth. I honestly think that most science is used simply to make money for huge corperations/stupid personal interests (for one example, millions of Yen were spent in Japan one year simply to see if catfish can cause earthquakes). Science is definitely not a bad thing, however. It has lead to cures for many diseases, brilliant advances in technology, etc. Just know this: you cannot completely trust the words of people with lots of money/power. They are all liers, they are all scoundrels, and they ALWAYS will try to sway the minds of weak minded people to bring them more money. That goes for both science AND religious leaders.

45This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 04:26

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

I sat on the fence a very long time about science/religion.
in my mind I compromised that both were true. Bible states that god created the universe in 6 days and also that gods days are infinitely longer than our own. But also states that the world was roughly 4000? Years old.
My compromise was that given gods long as days...6 days and billions of years could be the same in his eyes. Making both views able to coexist in my mind.

When I brought this up to my pastor...he said that science was atheists god, and that such thoughts would lead me down the road towards damnation. I argued that much of science's viewpoint was backed up with proof, such as carbon dated dinosaur fossils. Proving that earth was older than just a few thousand years.

My pastor responded to this by stating that dinosaurs were put in the ground by god to weed out the non-believers...

I never went back, and religion has slowly come to mean very little in my life.

46This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 04:34

Personally, I think that dinosaurs were destroyed long before God would've been here. Supposedly, the world was a wasteland before it was created. In my eyes, I say that maybe God didn't necessarily create night/day and such, but maybe he brought life to this Earth. Maybe God is some sort of alien life form? Or maybe God is a sentient form of superior form of collective energy that we don't understand yet? Maybe Heaven/Hell simply is just a different undiscovered dimension? Maybe not? Perhaps were are just some sort of test subject? Maybe there really is no God? I really think that there is a superior being somewhere, but I don't know where. There are many things that science still can't answer, but neither can religion. I believe what I think is true, based on what I have learned from personal experience/reading, then judging what details are most likely correct.

47This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 04:39

An example of how science annoys me: For years and years, science said that animals are stupid, non-intelligent life forms with a brain roughly as functional as cardboard box. Then, after their "remarkable" discovery that animals have intelligence and could learn, they still said that they were completely stupid and had no emotions. I remember on the news severals years back, they had a HUGE thing in the paper talking about how scientists had recently "discovered" that animals show emotion, such as jealousy. When they gave one dog a treat in front of the other one, and the other didn't get one, it acted very upset. It was such a "breakthrough", but it's more like a "NO FUCKING SHIT! YOU WASTE MY TAX DOLLARS ON THIS?!?" kind of thing.

An example of how religion/belief systems annoy me: People that try to FORCE whatever they believe upon you. The ones that get in your face and say "There is a God" or "Because you don't do what I do and live as I do, you're going to be damned, and you'll deserve it". Those people. Those people make me really angry. I want to rip their face off, but instead, I merely smile and ask why they think that way. All their answer EVER is, is "because that's what X book said, so it HAS to be right". They take all of their information from one/two source(s), and then try to rub in your face how stupid/damned you are because of it.

48This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 04:52

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

In defense to both.

Science only works until its proven wrong, if time and time again that a specific thing happens then its fact until its proven wrong.
Ex: up till 15 years ago, scientists knew black holes didn't exist. Then comes along a man brilliant enough to point them in the right direction, and the technology created that allows use to see something that stops light in its tracks. Science is limited by our understanding of how things work and the ideals of our forefathers.

Religion as a whole, is something that gives hope and direction to the world over.
Unfortunately the church is insistent on their interruption of god(s) word. Going as far to destroy whole sections of their own bible to enforce their views.
And your right, greed is a major demeaning factor in both.

49This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 15:36

I find that religion gives you quick answers and science makes you wait and have to work for your answers.

50This website sucks... Empty Re: This website sucks... 2010-09-29, 16:49

Science is still wrong sometimes though, like in examples I gave. That's why I never trust the words of anybody 100% until I can experience/observe it first hand.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum