Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Updated BF3 Thread. Now with 100% more confirmed shit!

+24
grader
MEGA MILK
Elraptor
Gary Effin' Oak.
Cardboard Fox
Shaymojack
Artimise Flare
Metalzoic
razelas
Crombie
Stoop Kid
Ron Swanson
TheGM
The Adli Corporation
Khfan60
Zillah
chunckylover53
Honey Badger
Dropped Da Soap
DRGN LRD 1213
Grey
infadel117
HydrasBreath ♜
Ante
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Metalzoic wrote:YES!
SDM is in! For some reason I thought this entire time that it was removed for TDM.
Glad it's there, hopefully it still has the single vehicles for squads to fight over.

yeah they'll no doubt stick a LAV in the SDM maps. If I'm right then I'll probably end up playing SDM more than TDM. I love booby trapping the Bradley in BC2 and waiting for some poor sucker to get in only to be immediately blown up . Twisted Evil

Elraptor

Elraptor

I am not happy with this online pass fee, even though I'll probably buy the game new and won't have to worry about it. I buy a lot of other games used (e.g. BC2). When I purchased BC2, I ponied up the extra money for VIP content, but only because I chose to. I didn't have to; I still could have participated in multiplayer. I don't understand why they're making the system more coercive (and hence onerous).

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Elraptor wrote:I am not happy with this online pass fee, even though I'll probably buy the game new and won't have to worry about it. I buy a lot of other games used (e.g. BC2). When I purchased BC2, I ponied up the extra money for VIP content, but only because I chose to. I didn't have to; I still could have participated in multiplayer. I don't understand why they're making the system more coercive (and hence onerous).

If you buy it new then what's the problem? It comes in the case.
If you buy it used that means you didn't give a single cent to the people that actually devoted years of time and millions of dollars to make the game.
You didn't give them anything at all, so why should they give you anything in return?

This is really a topic for another thread though, not the sticky.

TheGM

TheGM

That is a argument I will never understand.

I will also never understand why people like SDM.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

SDM is fun man. I just think deathmatch with 4 teams is crazier than 2. It's like having a tournament built into a single round.
Strangely I don't enjoy TDM that much (or at all), but SDM just clicked with me. scratch

Ante

Ante

Different strokes for different folks.

chunckylover53

TheGM wrote:
I will also never understand why people like SDM.

Agreed, 90% of the time it's people running around with auto shotties.

MEGA MILK

MEGA MILK

SDM just feels a little out of place in a BF game. Casuals are the only reason TDM's going to be in BF3.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

if given a choice between TDM and SDM I'd go for SDM but Rush and Conquest is where it's at for me.

I'll play an occasional SDM in BC2 but it's far from my fav mode. I play late at night lots and SDM lobbies rarely have 4 full squads. More like 2-3 squads. DM modes in BF can be quite dull and drawn out/very campy. Lots of people will just hole up in buildings and attics and try and pick of stragglers running in the open. It gets old trying to clear building after building looking for someone to shoot while trying to avoid the staircase campers.

Zillah

Zillah

I heard theres not going to be any vehicles is TDM...

Casuals

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Looking at the Physical Warfare pack carefully, they mention the SKS' flash suppressor as "An essential mod for recon classes on the front" which most likely means one of my most favorite rifles the M14 Mod 0 is going to be a recon gun. This saddens me greatly, I honestly don't see the point if the Mk11 is already your default semi auto anyway, hopefully it'll be one of those weapons that crosses into other classes, but for some reason, I don't foresee that happening Sad

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

Gun customisation is looking very nice.

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/08/25/battleblog-8-build-your-weapon-of-choice.aspx##

Things I've learned from Demize's twitter;

Only high power scopes have glare, and the glare has been toned down since the alpha.
There are no WW2 weapons, but there is a veteran weapon.
Back to Karkand will have new guns.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

oooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!
thats like in HF, where X kills = a certain attachment.

*jizz*

thats so epic, i cant wait to silence everything! Twisted Evil

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Cardboard Marmoset wrote:Back to Karkand will have new guns.

I really, really hope that's true.

DICE wrote:While the class and model of your weapon will determine a number of basic values (like muzzle speed, energy, and fire rate)

DICE wrote:there is a larger focus in Battlefield 3 on authenticity and real life handling. This comes down to details like reloads, mobility, bullet trajectories, and even how the caliber and barrel length of a gun determines muzzle velocity and energy.

I really hope this means that weapons of the same caliber do the same damage and it's their effective ranges, recoil and handling that are adjusted for balance instead.

I hate how they normally try to balance guns in shooters and end up making one gun 20 damage and another 55 damage even though they fire the same round. Stupid.

Ante

Ante

It's too easy to make high ROF weapons overpowered that way, though. I'd rather have unrealistic damage models for better balance.

Balance > realism

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I'm not saying make it unbalanced. I'm saying there are a ton of ways to balance them that are better options then damage.

For example higher RoF weapons might be more effective up real close, but because recoil stacks you'd have to use very small 2-3 shot bursts or single shots to hit anything at even close or medium range.

Spread/accuracy. Spread/accuracy while moving. Sight acquisition/settle time. The range at which damage starts to drop off. ADS speed. ADS look speed. ADS maneuvering speed. Weight. Recoil force. Reload speed. Trigger pull time. Recoil pattern/predictability. Muzzle flash. Muzzle stun. etc... that's off the top of my head.

I want balance, I'm just saying damage is the poorest and laziest option to achieve it.

Ante

Ante

The model has worked fine for years, and it's too late to change it now.

I dunno what to say.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Vinyl Scratch wrote:The model has worked fine for years, and it's too late to change it now.

Those quotes from the blog make it sound like they will be making it more realistic was my point. If so that makes me glad.

DICE wrote:caliber and barrel length of a gun determines muzzle velocity and energy.

grader

grader

Metalzoic wrote:I'm not saying make it unbalanced. I'm saying there are a ton of ways to balance them that are better options then damage.

For example higher RoF weapons might be more effective up real close, but because recoil stacks you'd have to use very small 2-3 shot bursts or single shots to hit anything at even close or medium range.

Spread/accuracy. Spread/accuracy while moving. Sight acquisition/settle time. The range at which damage starts to drop off. ADS speed. ADS look speed. ADS maneuvering speed. Weight. Recoil force. Reload speed. Trigger pull time. Recoil pattern/predictability. Muzzle flash. Muzzle stun. etc... that's off the top of my head.

I want balance, I'm just saying damage is the poorest and laziest option to achieve it.
I like this,ultra realism.It would be cool if they did things this way,alot of fine tuning though.

Ante

Ante

ultra realism is not fun. Have you ever played the Arma games? Fucking hell.

The muzzle velocity and energy thing is cool, but it doesn't need to go much further than that.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Yes, but these quotes really make it sound like that's the design direction they've gone with BF3. It sounds like "adjust it by faking the damage" is low on the list of priorities. I really, really hope so.

DICE wrote:Alan’s work has long since gone from overarching shooter vision to detailed fine-tuning. Walk down to his desk at any given day and you are likely to find him poring over notes or some onscreen graphs, deep in discussion with his designer colleagues:

DICE wrote:Authenticity is really important when you’re doing a modern day game like Battlefield 3. We know our players look critically at the guns in our games, so we brought in experts like Andy McNab. Our military advisors not only help us get it right, they help us understand why it’s right.”

DICE wrote:there is a larger focus in Battlefield 3 on authenticity and real life handling. This comes down to details like reloads, mobility, bullet trajectories, and even how the caliber and barrel length of a gun determines muzzle velocity and energy.

DICE wrote:With authenticity as a base, you get a natural balance because all real life guns are based on trade-offs. It really pulls out the personality of each weapon system to use the authentic stats and features.

Ante

Ante

Well if they go that route, high ROF weapons will be king. Spray people down in a fraction of a fraction of a second in close range. Long range? Switch to semi-auto and you're all set.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Vinyl Scratch wrote:ultra realism is not fun. Have you ever played the Arma games? Fucking hell.
The muzzle velocity and energy thing is cool, but it doesn't need to go much further than that.

I'm not saying ultra realism, just that damage is the lamest way to adjust for balance.

Energy for a gun means damage dealt. So them saying energy is now by caliber is a step in the right direction.

Ante

Ante

Actually no. The energy of a gun is more than likely what/how much material a bullet can penetrate before losing effectiveness.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Vinyl Scratch wrote:Actually no. The energy of a gun is more than likely what/how much material a bullet can penetrate before losing effectiveness.

Ah. I missed where they said that. I thought they meant it in a more real world ballistics sense.

Either way adding more authenticity to the weapons is a big step up and should give them each a bit more personality.

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

Some info on how vehicles work: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefield_bad_company/archive/2011/09/01/battleblog-9-online-vehicle-warfare-refined.aspx

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

New trailer. Nothing special, just shows what's in the Physical Warfare pack.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G-ukxgldpOo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ante

Ante

The SKS actually looks pretty cool.

And that T88 LMG sounded fucking awesome. I can't wait to tear people apart with that.

Edit: I also just noticed that the SKS killed that engineer with one headshot. Does this confirm semi-auto snipers as OHK to the head? If so, bolt-actions are in trouble... I think it's more likely that the headshot was added to the video for style, though and it doesn't actually reflect gameplay.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

omnomnomnomnom

i love gooooooooold T88

Zillah

Zillah

Looks like Bf3 on xbox will be on 2 discs, an MP disc and a SP disc.

http://gematsu.com/2011/09/battlefield-3-is-two-discs-on-xbox-360

Ante

Ante

Zillah wrote:Looks like Bf3 on xbox will be on 2 discs, an MP disc and a SP disc.

..... おおきい

Zillah

Zillah

yeah I guess thats a good sign Smile

chunckylover53

Eh the multiplayer disc will be the only thing people use anyways though it is a little weird.

Gary Effin' Oak.

Gary Effin' Oak.

Language Ante...jesus, there are women and children around.

Ante

Ante

Gary Effin' Oak. wrote:Language Ante...jesus, there are women and children around.

But it's so KAWAII DESU!!!

Updated BF3 Thread. Now with 100% more confirmed shit! - Page 3 HLt1L

cat

Gary Effin' Oak.

Gary Effin' Oak.

Bruh....take it to 4chan.

I speak American here.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Zillah wrote:Looks like Bf3 on xbox will be on 2 discs, an MP disc and a SP disc.

Hmmm. Nice, does this mean I can open it at the store and trade in the SP disc before I even leave?

StormEye

StormEye

Just preordered it for PC via Origin crap...

Lets see if my laptop will handle it, when it comes out. Or better yet, will I have time to even play this...

Updated BF3 Thread. Now with 100% more confirmed shit! - Page 3 0800553520-12-55

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

haha yeah all people will use is the multiplayer disc anyway,but this is awesome,I think it means they're trying their best to make the multiplayer the best it can be on xbox and not just cram it all on 1 disc.I wonder how good the graphics are gonna look on xbox 360....I've only ever seen pc gameplay and it looks so good and shiny and slick,but I doubt the 360 or ps3 could handle it

StormEye

StormEye

PS3 will have better graphics, than 360, according to many sources thus far.

For my PC... time to play like the pros. Turn off all graphics related stuff. LoL

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

StormEye wrote:PS3 will have better graphics, than 360, according to many sources thus far.

Really? I haven't run across anything that really mentions the 360 version in comparison. Have any gaming sites even seen the 360 version yet?

StormEye

StormEye

I don't think it was side to side comparison, but it was the fact that the graphics algorithm will be different from ps3 to 360.

PS3 will support DICE's new algorithms while 360 will use the old ones.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

StormEye wrote:I don't think it was side to side comparison, but it was the fact that the graphics algorithm will be different from ps3 to 360.

PS3 will support DICE's new algorithms while 360 will use the old ones.

Ah you mean for the lighting. Yeah I'm curious to see what the difference is. Lighting can make the difference between a good looking game and a fantastic looking game.

StormEye

StormEye

For me though, as stated above, it would be no lighting graphics setting. LoL

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

*Pats penguin on head and gives him an icecube*

StormEye

StormEye

Oh well, at least it would remind me of my competition days.

The game would look as if it was made in 1997 or something due to the players trying to achieve, maximum fps, and disabling all vision hindering graphics to spot enemy players. LoL

Ante

Ante

Something tells me DICE has/will have measures implemented to counter that.

StormEye

StormEye

Vinyl Scratch wrote:Something tells me DICE has/will have measures implemented to counter that.
I kind of doubt that, as minimum requirement is pretty low, and this means a lot of things would be disableable.

Some examples from past would include setting textile to low would remove all grass, making all snipers hiding in them look like idiots in the open. Smoke was reduced when in low setting as well. LoL

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

StormEye wrote:
Vinyl Scratch wrote:Something tells me DICE has/will have measures implemented to counter that.
I kind of doubt that, as minimum requirement is pretty low, and this means a lot of things would be disableable.

Some examples from past would include setting textile to low would remove all grass, making all snipers hiding in them look like idiots in the open. Smoke was reduced when in low setting as well. LoL

I used to do this, was quite funny since I'd get people angry at me calling me a hacker when I'd snipe them in their "well concealed" spot.

StormEye

StormEye

Artimise Flare wrote:
StormEye wrote:

I used to do this, was quite funny since I'd get people angry at me calling me a hacker when I'd snipe them in their "well concealed" spot.
Exactly

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum