Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Updated BF3 Thread. Now with 100% more confirmed shit!

+24
grader
MEGA MILK
Elraptor
Gary Effin' Oak.
Cardboard Fox
Shaymojack
Artimise Flare
Metalzoic
razelas
Crombie
Stoop Kid
Ron Swanson
TheGM
The Adli Corporation
Khfan60
Zillah
chunckylover53
Honey Badger
Dropped Da Soap
DRGN LRD 1213
Grey
infadel117
HydrasBreath ♜
Ante
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
Terrinator wrote:NOOOOOO! you mustn't leave the platformers (ME) behind! How am I gonna roll with a super stacked squad of SeC madness if you guys switch!

Don't worry mang, I'm picking it up for both 360 and PC.

is there such a thing as a double win? can we do that? because I think I just saw it happen.

chunckylover53

Artimise Flare wrote:Look at it this way Gilg, there are a lot of good PC games that will be coming out this year or so it seems. What games do you normally play? Star Craft 2, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Elders Scrolls Skyrim are a few names out of many.

If you're looking into MMO's take a look at Guild Wars 2 or if you like starwars perhaps The Old Republic. A powerful rig also in beneficial in the fact that you don't have to wait a lifetime for things to load if you've got an old/ancient machine. If you dump the cash on a computer like that you're buying ahead of the curve so you won't have to upgrade for at least a year or two max (if you're building a gaming rig that is) if you do it right Wink

I can't bring myself to play MMO's anymore my motivation to try in those have died after so many.

I loved starcraft the first one atleast, i've played it for 7 years if i am correct. UMS is amazing.. It's like a million different games in one. Not sure if you know this but i was friends with Agent_G he made a lot of the good RE maps like biohazard and such. I am sure i've played hundreds of hours in that biohazard map believe it or not (I forget the exact name but i know it was biohazard something by Agent_G).

Never played starcraft 2.

I liked warcraft 3's customization aswel i love the custom characters but i like starcraft better guess i am just an SC boy.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Terrinator wrote:NOOOOOO! you mustn't leave the platformers (ME) behind! How am I gonna roll with a super stacked squad of SeC madness if you guys switch!

you, camel and i did a pretty good job on our own last night though Smile

Ante

Ante

I'm adding links to pictures for the vehicles/gun list for anyone curious as to what some of the new toys look like.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Vinyl Scratch patiently explaining to Metal wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:Bright orange targets in the night vision mode. Lacking in excitement etc...
Updated BF3 Thread. Now with 100% more confirmed shit! - Page 2 2135-Pic1-RB-ENVG

ENVG, man. That's how it looks irl.

Well hot damn. I had no idea... that makes me happier.
Ignore me guys, I'm just in a bad mood today...

Shaymojack while chugging syrup wrote:What could MW3 possibly have over this game now that this is out?

Free for all baby. Free for all...

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Hey does any one know what the difference between the P90 and P90TR is? I googled some pics but they pretty much look the same to my untrained eyes.

Ante

Ante

HydrasBreath wrote:Hey does any one know what the difference between the P90 and P90TR is? I googled some pics but they pretty much look the same to my untrained eyes.

One has a rail system built into it. Could just be an error on the fact sheet, or maybe DICE is making the two different somehow. Or maybe one of them is only obtainable in singleplayer? I DUNNO.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:Hey does any one know what the difference between the P90 and P90TR is? I googled some pics but they pretty much look the same to my untrained eyes.

One has a rail system built into it. Could just be an error on the fact sheet, or maybe DICE is making the two different somehow. Or maybe one of them is only obtainable in singleplayer? I DUNNO.

Yeah I found it quite odd that they would include 2 variations of the same gun. Maybe you'll only be allowed to put attachments on one of them if rails are the only difference.

Ante

Ante

All I know is I want a squad that uses nothing but P90s. We'll change our clan tag to SG-1 and drive the EOD bot through doors before we go anywhere.

rabbit

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

I only just noticed that the G3 can have underbarrel attachments.
Updated BF3 Thread. Now with 100% more confirmed shit! - Page 2 Woohoo

Ante

Ante

I just noticed something. This weapon list can't be complete since the Russian's don't have the GP-25 for their assault rifles.

chunckylover53

Beta is 9-11 eh? I work that day then the next day i'll be back in college and have school and work that day Sad I'll have to wait a little while to play that will pass so slowly.

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

It could be an oversight, or maybe it will be used by both sides (better not be).

Though I actually hope this list isn't complete. I'd like to see at least another pump action shotgun.

Zillah

Zillah

Updated BF3 Thread. Now with 100% more confirmed shit! - Page 2 Pictur16

Very Happy

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

So far this is how it works. Faction specific weapons are the very first weapon you'll get for either side

USMC
Assault: M16A4
Engineer: M4
Recon: Mk11
Support: M27 IAR

Russians

Assault: AK74M
Engineer: AKS74u
Recon: SVD
Support: RPK-74M

If it functions like it did in BF2 (Which I can almost guarantee it will) all other weapons will be useable by both sides. In alpha I was able to use the G36 as a Russian as well as the M249 SAW.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I hope that weapon list is incomplete... I want more guns!

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Metalzoic wrote:I hope that weapon list is incomplete... I want more guns!

yeah same here. When I heard "there would be more guns than ever" in BF3 I was pretty excited but if that list is complete then we only get a few more guns than BC2. I was a bit underwhelmed when I first read the list. There are some sweet new additions for sure though don't get me wrong.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

HydrasBreath wrote:
Metalzoic wrote:I hope that weapon list is incomplete... I want more guns!

yeah same here. When I heard "there would be more guns than ever" in BF3 I was pretty excited but if that list is complete then we only get a few more guns than BC2. I was a bit underwhelmed when I first read the list. There are some sweet new additions for sure though don't get me wrong.

Yeah. My first thought was "THIS IS BULLSHIT!"

Seriously. They've been planning and in pre-production for this game for years now and we get a tiny little pile of weapons and only 9 maps. Are both gametypes even playable on all maps? Because if not then that sucks even worse.

I was expecting more. A lot more. Next time I'm in Sweden I'm gonna kick them in the nuts and hump their wives. Mad

Ante

Ante

DICE in the most recent Battlelog wrote:There are a number of weapons that you can unlock in co-op and take with
you to the regular multiplayer modes. These unlocks are based on your
combined scores ackumulated throughout the co-op campaign.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
DICE in the most recent Battlelog wrote:There are a number of weapons that you can unlock in co-op and take with
you to the regular multiplayer modes. These unlocks are based on your
combined scores ackumulated throughout the co-op campaign.

ooh, that sounds pretty cool. i love co-op missions!

chunckylover53

That's cool more incentive to try co-op. A little over two months eh? I really hope i don't have a bunch of shit to do on the 20th...

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

^ Are those weapons already on the list?

Interesting news, I wonder how hard they'll be to unlock.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Cardboard Fox wrote:^ Are those weapons already on the list?

Interesting news, I wonder how hard they'll be to unlock.

M9 gold plated: complete every mission on the hardest difficulty, twice

BFG9000: kill a dude. on easy.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I'm pretty sure that the list is not the full list of what we'll be getting. This is only what's been confirmed thus far. Come Beta on 9-11-2011 we'll most likely see a more complete list.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

So apparently you CAN spawn directly inside vehicles (even single seat vehicles) from the spawn menu. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y45EDmzgaDo @ ~6:20 they mention it.

Looks like your dream of a Caspian border starting convoy is still alive Ante

TheGM

TheGM

So instead of people waiting at the base for a chopper/jet, they are going to wait in the spawn screen.

Oh Joy
Rolling Eyes

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

So essentially, you'll want to blow up any vehicle to send it back to spawn if you can so that if the driver jumps out and dies, the enemy can't just jump back into it from spawn. Interesting.

Ante

Ante

Oh boy, I can already feel the rage from people who don't have good PCs/the game installed to their hard drives.

Gary Effin' Oak.

Gary Effin' Oak.

There needs to be more AUG in this game. Definitely not enough AUG.

TheGM

TheGM

Byas? wrote:There needs to be more AUG in this game. Definitely not enough AUG.

why?

chunckylover53

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1020732/battlefield_3_coop_only_30_per_cent_shorter_than_solo_campaign.html

Co-op campaign and single player campaign will be two separate things cheers .

Gary Effin' Oak.

Gary Effin' Oak.

Because the AUG sounds like sex with bullets, painful yet satisfying and with less chances of diseases.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Wait wait wait.
So in order to get all the MP weapons I have to play co-op, and to make it even worse co-op isn't even the normal campaign? Fuck. Me.

As for spawning in vehicles, does that mean if you hop out to repair it someone can just spawn into it and drive away? Please God tell me they have a plan to keep that from happening.

Zillah

Zillah

probably only applies if it has just spawned and no one has touched it yet.

dont worry about co op ill play with you metal. i dont think weve ever played together.

chunckylover53

I am sure the co-op stuff is easy to unlock they wouldn't make it too complacated for the less-talented players.

I think it's cool that they're makeing two separate ones though sounds like they're actually putting work into it.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Thanks buddy, but... yeah, but my problem is I don't want to play it. At all. Work put into a completely separate co-op mode sounds to me like work and money that should have been put towards MP instead.

I don't really even want to play the campaign, but if it were co-op I'd at least give it a try.

It sounds like I'll be forced to play co-op for weapons though and after wasting all that time in co-op I really won't want to play campaign... Now I'm sad.

Maybe I'll hire someone to play co-op for me.

Ante

Ante

Byas? wrote:There needs to be more AUG in this game. Definitely not enough AUG.

This, as long as it's the A4.

Zillah

Zillah

yeah i really dont have much interest in any SP... killing AI is just *yawn*

i dont know, could still be fun.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Zillah wrote:yeah i really dont have much interest in any SP... killing AI is just *yawn*

i dont know, could still be fun.

True.
I didn't like Halo Reach at all, but I still had fun playing through campaign with DL!

Ah fuck, I just remembered campaign isn't co-op in BF3. Mad

chunckylover53

Metalzoic wrote:Thanks buddy, but... yeah, but my problem is I don't want to play it. At all. Work put into a completely separate co-op mode sounds to me like work and money that should have been put towards MP instead.

I don't really even want to play the campaign, but if it were co-op I'd at least give it a try.

It sounds like I'll be forced to play co-op for weapons though and after wasting all that time in co-op I really won't want to play campaign... Now I'm sad.

Maybe I'll hire someone to play co-op for me.

I think the MP is more than enough o.O. They have to save some ideas for the next game.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

I hear you and I'm glad you like the idea. I just don't usually bother with any modes other than MP in first person shooters.

It's fine if its in there, I just don't like the idea of having to play something I'm not interested in to have all the weapons. Especially when there aren't as many weapons as I was expecting.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Metalzoic wrote:I hear you and I'm glad you like the idea. I just don't usually bother with any modes other than MP in first person shooters.

It's fine if its in there, I just don't like the idea of having to play something I'm not interested in to have all the weapons. Especially when there aren't as many weapons as I was expecting.

That list is most likely incomplete man, Beta isn't even released yet so don't get so down on the fact that the list is small. Wait until Beta and then you can pass judgement. BC2 they didn't have a large list either, in fact, I don't think they even HAD a list for you to choose from as far as weapons are concerned.

As for the SP Co-Op thing, such things don't bother me too much. I usually play them to familiarize myself with the game so I don't get slaughtered as bad online. If I was getting the game for console I'd play with you as well.

Zillah

Zillah

Metalzoic wrote:I hear you and I'm glad you like the idea. I just don't usually bother with any modes other than MP in first person shooters.

Not as many weapons?

Assault Rifles
• M16A4
• AK74M
• M416
• AN94
• KH2002
• AEK971
• F2000
• G3
• ASVAL

Carbines
• M4A1
• AKS74u
• SCAR H CQB
• G36C
• A-91
• SG553LB

Machineguns
• M249
• RPK-74M
• M27 IAR
• Pecheneg
• M60
• M240
• Type88

Sniper Rifles
• Mk11
• SVD
• SV98
• M98B
• M40A5
• M82A3

Battle Rifles
• M39
• SKS

Submachineguns
• P90
• MP7
• PDR
• UMP-45
• P90TR
• PP2000

Shotguns
• 870MCS
• M1014
• USAS-12
• DAO-12
• Saiga 20k

Rocket and Grenade Launchers
• SMAW
• RPG-7
• Javelin
• FIM-92 Stinger
• SA-18 IGLA
• M136 AT4

Pistols
• M9
• PYa MP443
• G17
• M1911
• T44
• MP412
• G18
• M93R

WEAPON ACCESSORIES
• Optics
• M145
• RDS Reflex
• Kobra
• Holographic
• PKA-S
• ACOG
• PSO-1
• PK-A
• IRNV
• PKS-07
• 8x Rifle Scope
• 12x Ballistic
• Ergonomics
• Foregrip
• Bipod
• Performance
• Heavy barrel
• Suppressor
• Tactical light
• Laser sight
• Flash suppressor
• Straight pull bolt
• Underslung weaponry
• M320
• 40mm grenades
• Bucksot
• Smoke grenade
• M26 MASS
• 12 guage
• Flechettes
• Frag round
• Solid slugs

SOLDIER EQUIPMENT
• Knife
• M67 hand grenades
• M18 smoke grenades
• Medkit
• Defibrillators
• M15 Anti-Tank mine
• Welding tool
• EOD Bot
• 60mm Mortar
• Ammunition box
• C4 explosives
• M18 Claymore mines
• UG sensors
• Radio Beacon
• SOFLAM
• MAV Micro UAV

Zillah

Zillah

Updated BF3 Thread. Now with 100% more confirmed shit! - Page 2 Bf3tacan

needs moar detail imo

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Zillah wrote:

Not as many weapons?

I didn't mean not as many as BC2. I meant not as many weapons as I was hoping for.

Zillah

Zillah

eh, 48 guns, 33 gun customizations, and 22 gadgets is enough for me.

Cardboard Fox

Cardboard Fox

TDM will have 24 players and no vehicles, on every platform.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/22/battlefield-3-will-have-24-player-team-deathmatch/

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

that's kinda lame...the whole fun of Battlefield is the vehicles and the added strategy they bring. I was expecting vehicles to be in this mode too. Ah well I usually stick to Rush and Conquest anyways.

razelas

razelas

http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/battlefield-3-gamescom-news-roundup/

Found some stuff. Don't believe I saw this in the thread.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

YES!
SDM is in! For some reason I thought this entire time that it was removed for TDM.
Glad it's there, hopefully it still has the single vehicles for squads to fight over.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum