Shinma
Duck
Artimise Flare
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Sadly my old warhorse of a mouse is starting to wear out. It's right button' sensor is starting to go bad, press a little too hard and my ADS stutters to the point where I can't ADS in game.

I'm looking for a replacement, only requirements I have is that they have the side clutch buttons on it and if possible have red in its design (to match my PC and keyboard)

Duck

Duck

Need a new gaming mouse, suggestions? DougEngelbart

I love my Razer Naga. Might not be what your looking for though.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Pfft, is that the one with a crazy mess load of buttons? I was looking at it on newegg lol

Shinma

Shinma

Yeah, get a naga, that's what I have as well lol. If you don't like all the buttons though, get a deathadder.

Pariah

Pariah

I think I have a couple in mind that'd help.

If you want some programmable side-buttons, the Razer Naga Hex is a red beauty
Spoiler:

Looking around the Razer site, a few that I've used and would fit the criteria would be the Deathadder, though it only has 2 side buttons, or the Imperator, it has 2 side buttons as well.

Moving away from Razer, you could always get a Logitech G500, it's pretty famous for precision and long lifespan, it's actually considered top level for FPSs. Also, any of the R.A.T. line are good mice. They have pretty amazing adjustment features, though I think the basic one doesn't have side buttons.

This is gonna sound odd, but my basic setup has always been a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard and Mouse, both of which have lasted me about 2 years and I've had to change the batteries maybe three times each. Plus the mouse is an absolute badass for gaming. Even though it's wireless, the response time and precision are really nice.

Artimise Flare wrote:Pfft, is that the one with a crazy mess load of buttons? I was looking at it on newegg lol

Yes its "technically" an MMO mouse.

But now that Ive gotten used to it, I couldnt imagine using any other mouse.

I love all the buttons.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

My Logitech has lasted me well over 3 years so it's just wearing out I think. As for the Naga, I may end up getting that. From my understanding though, the side buttons are not customizable, they are actually linked to your normal 1-12 keys correct?

Ante

Ante

Two of my friends have Razer Nagas and they both swear by it. I just have a plain 'ol Logitech with two side buttons and two top buttons. More than enough when you factor in shift and ctrl modifiers.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Well I play MMO' too, so the extra side buttons would be a nice addition, though Im really digging the industrial lookof the R.A.T. Mice as well.

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

DO NOT BUY A RAT MOUSE

i had a bad experience with mine

logitec or razer (i use a g-300)

infadel117

infadel117

Manila Plague wrote:DO NOT BUY A RAT MOUSE

ultra sensative buttons?

Artimise Flare wrote:My Logitech has lasted me well over 3 years so it's just wearing out I think. As for the Naga, I may end up getting that. From my understanding though, the side buttons are not customizable, they are actually linked to your normal 1-12 keys correct?

That is correct. But there are 2 other buttons that are fully customizable. I use the top two for my Knife and nades in BF3. Works amazing.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

That's a real shame, wish they supported complete rebounding of those hot keys. But I love the look of it. It's deliciously bad ass looking lol.

Artimise Flare wrote:That's a real shame, wish they supported complete rebounding of those hot keys. But I love the look of it. It's deliciously bad ass looking lol.

TBH they might be. I thought they weren't, but thinking about it, it has key mapping software so maybe you could do that.

Duck

Duck

Mr. Lundegaard wrote:
Artimise Flare wrote:My Logitech has lasted me well over 3 years so it's just wearing out I think. As for the Naga, I may end up getting that. From my understanding though, the side buttons are not customizable, they are actually linked to your normal 1-12 keys correct?

That is correct. But there are 2 other buttons that are fully customizable. I use the top two for my Knife and nades in BF3. Works amazing.

not like it would matter if they werent fully customizable. Just link them to something you cant even reach like P or F12

Duck wrote:
Mr. Lundegaard wrote:

not like it would matter if they werent fully customizable. Just link them to something you cant even reach like P or F12

This is true.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

True, may prove useful in a jet or something.

MMO's are awesome with the Naga. So much better than hitting 1-12 on the KB

StormEye

StormEye

My current mouse (the one I used to play BF3 with) is Logitech G700 Wireless (also can be corded <- I use it this way).

Need a new gaming mouse, suggestions? Logitechg700-1

Enough buttons for most FPS, and all buttons can be macroed.

Multiple profiles for different games, and can be changed on the fly.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Manila Plague wrote:DO NOT BUY A RAT MOUSE

What went wrong with it? I was looking at maybe getting a RAT.

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

I've got the G500, which is basically the wired version of Storm's mouse, and I love it. I'd really strongly recommend it unless you feel that you need all the buttons of an MMO mouse.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

You guys that play FPS...what do you generally use your extra mouse buttons for? I was thinking of getting a Naga Molten cause I like the look and like the idea of having lots of buttons at my disposal even if I wouldn't use them all. I'd probably use the side buttons for reload, knife, nades...maybe prone. I'm not great at gaming with a keyboard so the less buttons I need to fiddle around with with my left hand the better. I'll probably get better eventually though.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I've been thinking of getting like a wired G400 mouse,this sucky wireless microsoft m3000 one likes to randomly disconnect and lag alot.

I can't stand using a laptop touchpad anymore.....mouse ftw

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

ive got an MS4000, Jr. its ok for a cheap mouse Razz

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

this one is comfy,I think I got a faulty one,don't think it's normal for it to lag/disconnect randomly >.<

Manila Plague

Manila Plague

tracking issues mostly because the laser gets obscured easily

also it didn't fit my hand well which lead to pain in my thumb

StormEye

StormEye

HydrasBreath wrote:You guys that play FPS...what do you generally use your extra mouse buttons for?

Left: Default
Right: Default
Middle: Default / Game specific-function
Wheel Scroll: Default
Wheel Left Tilt: Lean / Game specific-function
Wheel Right Tilt: Lean / Game specific-function
Back / Generic4: Melee / sudden reflex required action
Forward / Generic5: Quick Grenade <- Never changes
Generic6: Select Fire (BF3 or games that support) / Extra Combat Functionality (eg. VATS in Fallout FPS series)
Generic7: Keys mapped far from WASD but are useful for quick access
Generic8: Same as above
Generic9: Sensitivity toggle
Generic10: Battery status check (seldom used since I play mostly corded)
Generic11: Mouse profile switch (for switching difference macros between games, or within the game function)

Of course, most games don't support such thing called generic button above 4 (some don't even support ANY generic button) so most of those are macro'd to represent a keyboard key.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

StormEye wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:You guys that play FPS...what do you generally use your extra mouse buttons for?

Left: Default
Right: Default
Middle: Default / Game specific-function
Wheel Scroll: Default
Wheel Left Tilt: Lean / Game specific-function
Wheel Right Tilt: Lean / Game specific-function
Back / Generic4: Melee / sudden reflex required action
Forward / Generic5: Quick Grenade <- Never changes
Generic6: Select Fire (BF3 or games that support) / Extra Combat Functionality (eg. VATS in Fallout FPS series)
Generic7: Keys mapped far from WASD but are useful for quick access
Generic8: Same as above
Generic9: Sensitivity toggle
Generic10: Battery status check (seldom used since I play mostly corded)
Generic11: Mouse profile switch (for switching difference macros between games, or within the game function)

Of course, most games don't support such thing called generic button above 4 (some don't even support ANY generic button) so most of those are macro'd to represent a keyboard key.

cool thanks stormy...ah select fire there's something else I could use on a mouse button...I didn't think of that.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

wow that sounds really cool actually....I get alot of cramps from gaming too long even 30mins on a keyboard

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

JrTapia1991 wrote:wow that sounds really cool actually....I get alot of cramps from gaming too long even 30mins on a keyboard

yeah my wrist gets messed up after awhile...though that's on my laptop. I'm hoping with a legit keyboard and a proper wrist rest I'll be good.

Pariah

Pariah

Shaymojack wrote:I've got the G500, which is basically the wired version of Storm's mouse, and I love it. I'd really strongly recommend it unless you feel that you need all the buttons of an MMO mouse.
The Logitech G500 is /rightly/ considered a legend in the FPS community, I have one and it's fucking fantastic to use. I have the original one, an it's lovely.

HydrasBreath wrote:You guys that play FPS...what do you generally use your extra mouse buttons for? I was thinking of getting a Naga Molten cause I like the look and like the idea of having lots of buttons at my disposal even if I wouldn't use them all. I'd probably use the side buttons for reload, knife, nades...maybe prone. I'm not great at gaming with a keyboard so the less buttons I need to fiddle around with with my left hand the better. I'll probably get better eventually though.

LMB: fire
RMB: ADS

I have 2 side buttons on my G500, one on my stock wireless. On the G500 I have ALT-FIRE/reload, 9! The stock it's ALT-FIRE only.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Just ordered a Razer Naga from Newegg Very Happy

Need a new gaming mouse, suggestions? Razer-naga-molten-special-edition-main

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:Just ordered a Razer Naga from Newegg Very Happy

Need a new gaming mouse, suggestions? Razer-naga-molten-special-edition-main

Nice! That's the one I'm leaning towards getting as well.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I'll let you know how it is Very Happy

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:I'll let you know how it is Very Happy

sweet yeah I'd definitely like to know what you think of it when you get it.

Naga Master Race

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Mr. Lundegaard wrote:Naga Master Race

Rockin!

I have the blue one, but the molten looks awesome as shit.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Mr. Lundegaard wrote:I have the blue one, but the molten looks awesome as shit.

Yeah for sure it looks badass...should be a nice edition to my rig.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Mr. Lundegaard wrote:Naga Master Race

Peasant, pros use touchpads Razz

My KB is blue so my Naga fits my set up.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Mr. Lundegaard wrote:My KB is blue so my Naga fits my set up.

Yeah the keyboard I'm looking at is red so the molten naga is kind of a no brainier for me.

Only thing that sucks about the Naga is its a bitch to clean.

All those side buttons accumulate filth pretty fast.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Mr. Lundegaard wrote:Only thing that sucks about the Naga is its a bitch to clean.

pfft cleaning? cleaning's not metal man Razz

HydrasBreath wrote:
Mr. Lundegaard wrote:Only thing that sucks about the Naga is its a bitch to clean.

This is true. I need to be a dirty metal fuck.

Somehow I dont think the wife would appreciate it haha.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Mr. Lundegaard wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:

This is true. I need to be a dirty metal fuck.

Somehow I dont think the wife would appreciate it haha.

Who cares? Be a greasy bearded fuck...it totally makes you better at guitar. Laughing

Hmmmmm

I might consider that.....

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

My whole PC setup is red with an exception to my TB Z6 headsets which are blue.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:

My whole PC setup is red with an exception to my TB Z6 headsets which are blue.

Yeah I've got a red and black theme going on with my build.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum