Shinma
Duck
Artimise Flare
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I'll see if I can't take a picture of it and post it later.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Oh man we should have a post your battle station in the PC section...wait I think we already did that.

StormEye

StormEye

My PC is so dark and simplistic looking compared to many of you guys' PC setup...

I made a thread like that but nobody posted in it

Pariah

Pariah

Blue, and black for me. My entire "above" setup (K/M, monitor, headphones) is black and blue, my tower has blue LED accents, and black/gunmetal-grey design.

StormEye

StormEye

Mr. Lundegaard wrote:I made a thread like that but nobody posted in it

I would, but my workstation is so embarrassingly simplistic.

Once I get new case, I will start posting pics, but as of now it looks like regular office computer. LoL

My set up is blue and black as well.

Although my front fan on my case has red LED's.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i posted pics of my laptop. its not very impressive looking, but it does the job very well Smile

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Just plugged in my new mouse, and holy crap the sensitivity of this thing is nuts. I went from a 1200 DPI mouse down to 800, and I noticed a difference. Got used to the low DPI on the cheapo mouse, and now I barely twitch this one and I'm going across the screen.

Loving the ergonomics of the mouse so far, though the 10-12 keys on the side are a little awkward to reach as are the clutch buttons located to the left of the left mouse button.

Other than that, thing is bad ass, it pulses red when where your palm rests and where the Razer symbol is lit up. Can't wait to put her through the paces Very Happy

StormEye

StormEye

High DPI with low sensitivity, not in-game, but mouse software controlled or microsoft controlled (if you are running windows, which is most likely).

I use 1600 ~ 5700 DPI for gaming (toggled sensitivity), and 1000 in the office (<- irrelevant information maybe. LoL).

Sensitivity for gaming is almost near zero on mouse soft ware, as it tends to fly all over the place. LoL

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Storm, when you used to snipe, what DPI do you normally try to run at? Currently I find it harder to line up on the X axis with high sensitivity, but y axis alignment is not a big deal for me.

StormEye

StormEye

In the beginning, max dpi all the way.

Once I got used to the toggle system, I switched to lower dpi when sniping, ALL THE TIME.

But that was wasting my time a little, so now I only toggle when the target is only a pixel or so small. Regular mid range, max dpi.

So its usually either max (5700) or mid (1600).

I have low (800) and ULTRA low (400) for reserve, just in case, but I almost never use.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Hmmm, I'm not sure how to toggle such a thing with my mouse lol. you use a logitech G500 don't you?

StormEye

StormEye

G700

Need a new gaming mouse, suggestions? - Page 2 Wireless-gaming-mouse-g700

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Hmmm, I know several people here have the Naga, hopefully when they log on I can ask them

No DPI switch on the NAGA AFAIK

StormEye

StormEye

Mr. Lundegaard wrote:No DPI switch on the NAGA AFAIK

Need a new gaming mouse, suggestions? - Page 2 07mp4_000578927

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Found it, I just bound several of the buttons to switch between profiles Very Happy

StormEye

StormEye

Artimise Flare wrote:Found it, I just bound several of the buttons to switch between profiles Very Happy

I guess that works.

But a gaming mouse that has no sensitivity toggle these day and age? Come on...

Even if nobody uses, its just logical to have one especially when it is by a company that has been producing gaming mouse forever...

Maybe its just because its for MMO, and they thought MMO players did not have any use (maybe any skill <_< >_> Slide~) to toggle dpi.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Is that a jab I'm sensing there storm? lol

I'll be getting guild Wars 2 this coming week, so it'll be a nice thing to have I'm sure Razz

StormEye

StormEye

GW2...

Did not really get much out of GW1, so I am not sure about GW2.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

StormEye

StormEye

I'll have to watch that after work.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Better than WoW in many ways. I played the Beta and the game is absolutely breath taking Very Happy

If you decide to play it, I'll be on Crystal Sands

GW2 Saturday for me

StormEye

StormEye

Bah~

I got it anyway.

I really need to stop spending...

LoL

Am I a total noob since I never switch my DPI?

StormEye

StormEye

Technically, there is no real benefit, unless you can actually feel the difference.

If you cannot feel the difference 400 dpi and 5700 dpi will not make any difference, as long as you adjust sensitivity to normalize the pointer speed.

Toggling helps in precision shooting if you tend to have high sensitivity/twitchy aim. If forces you to move your arm/wrist (depending on your aiming style. I use more wrist than arm) a lot more than normal. This means you are essentially increasing the margin of error in your aiming, as even if you made slight mistake in aiming more of your correct aiming will put the pointer on the target intended.

The reason why controllers cannot aim as well as mouse is because it has very small error margin. High sensitivity screws up aim when in precision shooting, low sensitivity handicaps you in twitchy situation, middle ground does not have any advantage whatsoever but still loses to mouse.

Larger error margin always helps aiming, especially when humans are so horrible at hand eye coordination. Though, if a person is PERFECT at aiming, then the high sensitivity with ultra high dpi would make him a god in FPS.

Interesting....

I just never changed it because I didnt think it made a huge difference.

StormEye

StormEye

I just wish that there is a UNIVERSAL standard, when it comes to sensitivity, completely separate from dpi of a mouse or a game playing.

Having to find perfect mouse sensitivity between games, dpi, and regular use is extremely tedious and annoying process... Especially when the aiming matter a lot...

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Yeah, my old mouse I was having issues sometimes when I had to make super fine adjustments to my aim. You can probably see it in some of my videos, I'd literally "jump" several pixels over my target because of this.

Pariah

Pariah

I have no idea what a DPI is...I've just always adjusted my mouse in the control panel and in "mouse sensitivity" per game...

StormEye

StormEye

Dots Per Inch

Think of it as a resolution of TV or monitor, but instead its a camera/sensor that picks up image data (the difference between picture now and picture a slight bit later), which is sampled through the processor of PC (cheap mouse) or mouse (most gaming mouse has built in processors that process information pre-hand before handing it over to PC fore more accurate read), and this translates to movement.

Pariah

Pariah

so as in most things, more = better?

Ante

Ante

As long as you can handle it. High enough DPI means the slightest movement from your wrist will send the mouse pointer from one end of the screen to the other.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Isn't DPI basically how many pixels your mouse cursor moves on the screen when you move the mouse itself one inch?

StormEye

StormEye

Actually, Yes and No.

Optical mouse captures image using the sensor and compares current image with the previous one.

Higher the resolution, the better the mouse will be able to tell the difference, and move more precisely. It also will be able to tell the difference between SLIGHT movement on higher DPI mouse, hence it will register more movements, resulting in more movements of the cursor in an inch.

But ultimately, there is sensitivity that is separate from DPI that multiplies the values calculated by the mouse. So with same sensitivity, higher DPI will move more, but moving more is not the main point of higher DPI. Its the accuracy that the user is looking for.

In some situations, you would like to filter your input, and only translate small portion since humans make unnecessary and inefficient movements. Basically you are artificially inflating error margin. This is done by dropping DPI while keeping same sensitivity, hence the DPI toggle in the gaming mouse for FPS.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum