Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turns out the nearest supermarket stocks my favourite drink...

+4
menacinglemon
Frostbyrn
Pariah
The Adli Corporation
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i'm a happy brit drunken

And that would be?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Innis & Gunn. drink of champions Very Happy

Pariah

Pariah

this some sort of booze?

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Pariah wrote:this some sort of booze?

BOOZE OF THE GODS!

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yep

I dont have a favorite beer

There are too many good ones to have just one favorite.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Sym wrote:I dont have a favorite beer

There are too many good ones to have just one favorite.

well... i hae yet to find anything that beats Innis Anf Gunn.

apart from Le Fin De Monde, but dont tell Hydras/Plague Very Happy

You and your Brit beers

Ive never heard of those

I stick to American micro brews mostly

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

hey, Le Fin De Monde is canadian Razz

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

The Adli Corporation wrote:Innis & Gunn. drink of champions Very Happy

Innis & Gunn was also discovered by accident...and it is awesome. Had it when I was in Glasgow and Edinburgh. To make it even more delicious they sell it here in the LCBO stores for $3.00 a bottle...cheaper then the UK. Also they have a 850ml bottle for like $6.50 ... I drank two of those when putting together my apartment furniture...

Also Innis & Gunn is SCOTTISH ... never BRITISH ( i dont care for technical crap in regards to this....Scotland is Scotland and England is England not Britian crap...)

Favourite North American Beer....MGD and Rolling Rock...best tasting Canadain Beer Steamwhistle

Last edited by menacinglemon on 2012-10-02, 19:29; edited 1 time in total

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

the only thing that beats I&G Original Cask... is I&G Rum Cask.... holy shit that brew is the tits.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Damn we need a Tekkit server Very Happy

The Adli corp brewery must come to fruition! Very Happy

MGD and Rolling Rock are horrible

Those are not American beers.

Shitty domestics

You need to try some American micro brews (which is amazing in the US )

This is probably my favorite beer

http://rogue.com/beers/dead-guy-ale.php

Chewy

Chewy

I've had Innis and Gunn Rum Cask before, good shit. La Fin Du Monde is also amazing, although their Trois Pistolle and Terrible beers I prefer much more.

Had Dead Guy on tap once, and that is also a great beer.

American Micro brews get amazing though. Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout is probably my favorite, at least one of them, but it is SO fucking hard to get.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Frostbyrn wrote:Damn we need a Tekkit server Very Happy

The Adli corp brewery must come to fruition! Very Happy

Drunk Adli + Mincraft = fun... at the expense of others Very Happy

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Like that time we filled camels house with villagers

Yes Dead Guy on tap i pretty great.

Its a local Oregon brew so its easy to come by around here

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Frostbyrn wrote:Like that time we filled camels house with villagers

#winning

fun times.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Sym wrote:MGD and Rolling Rock are horrible

Those are not American beers.

Shitty domestics

You need to try some American micro brews (which is amazing in the US )

MGD is an American made beer... Rolling Rock I believe is North American... North America =/= USA.

Also Dos Equis is fricking delicious..

And as we should all realize beer preferences is all dependent on the person...for someone might like Budweiser and another may hate... (me).

But I have had so many different kinds of beers in Europe ... things I have in NA I can actually remember the names....

No I know its NA beer

Its just a shitty domestic that the rest of the world thinks is American beer

Like Bud, Coors, MGD, shit like that

Chewy

Chewy

From a pure quality standpoint, all of the US exports are garbage. I'm pretty sure every one of them is an adjunct lager, with their main ingredient being rice or some shit.

I understand that some people actually prefer that kind of beer though. I'm not one of those people.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Bud, Coors, and MGD I hate...but off all the evils its Rolling Rock or MGD. but Steamwhistle will be my go to in Ottawa since it is a local brew. But Guiness on Tap in Europe is the most amazing thing known to man since it all comes from the Guiness Factory out in Ireland...but Guiness in NA is garbage...and in bottles...and in cans....its only good on Tap (it also needs special equipment for it to be on tap).

McKinnely's is another Good Irish Dark Beer (sp may be off). Black Bush ...is horrendous Irish Whiskey...never have it.

Yea piss beer is not my thing

Guiness is on tap all over America.....

Chewy

Chewy

You know we have Guinness on tap here too, in most bars actually. I've heard it's better in EU but I couldn't imagine it suddenly acquiring a polar opposite intense flavor like I like in my stouts.

Guinness Foreign Extra is great though. Still not my favorite stout, as Bell's Expedition or KBS takes that for me, but it's a quality stout.

Rouges double oatmeal chocolate stout is amazing

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Chewy wrote:You know we have Guinness on tap here too, in most bars actually. I've heard it's better in EU but I couldn't imagine it suddenly acquiring a polar opposite intense flavor like I like in my stouts.

Guinness Foreign Extra is great though. Still not my favorite stout, as Bell's Expedition or KBS takes that for me, but it's a quality stout.

I know its on tap in NA. I said it isnt as good as the stuff in the EU....I just mentioned bottles and cans as well because they are just unbearable....

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Sym wrote:Guiness is on tap all over America.....

Ya I know .... I didnt say it wasn't....I added bottles and Cans to the garbage list. Because EU Tap is a lot better then NA tap...and Ireland Tap is better than EU tap (from my friend who went to the factory).

Honestly the way beer sits and ages I cant see there being a huge difference

I could be way off base though....maybe the CO2 makes that big of a difference.

Chewy

Chewy

Sym wrote:Rouges double oatmeal chocolate stout is amazing

I think I saw that stuff at the grocery store I go to... at any rate I'll bet Andersons has it. I'll have to try it out.

Sym wrote:Honestly the way beer sits and ages I cant see there being a huge difference

I could be way off base though....maybe the CO2 makes that big of a difference.

With my favorite stouts, aging only makes them better.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Guiness is brewed in Ireland, some island naitons, an African country whose name I forget, and Canada. The unfermented but hopped Guiness wort extract is shipped to these places from Dublin... I think the stuff in Europe is better because its just fresher and made with the original ingredients, while in other countries the local ingredients are a tad different than that of Ireland...also most places in Canada are themed but not owned by actual Irishman and Guiness is rarely poured properly (it is supposed to take like 2 minutes to pour). Also in Europe to own an Irish bar (not sure about UK) one must have immigrated from Ireland. Just like if you want to open an Italian Bar you must be from Italy...etc etc. (Mostly Germany still enforces this...not sure about other eu countries.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Sorry for wall of text...went off of memory and double checked some things with my friend.

Adli I do love me some New Castle though

I agree about the pour

They dont do it right in America either Sad

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

The pour, the type glass ware, and temperature are all what help intensify and enrich the taste of the stout.

Europe does it right....NA does not... if they did everything like in Europe it would probably taste better. But Europe has age and experience while NA...still needs to learn...one day man one day.

There is this Irish pub in Portland I go to sometimes that does the pour right

Chewy

Chewy

I'd be willing to bet that there are at least a thousand American stouts that blow a EU Guinness away.

It would need to have an entirely different recipe to be a good stout, it's simply not strong enough. The absolute weakest stout I've ever had really. Slightly different ingredients and it being poured properly aren't gonna change that.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

So you have gone to EU and have had a proper Guiness.... AMERICA - ALWAYS WINS..... Razz

Strongest beer ABV wise I have is Innis & Gunn Rum Cask...7.5%.

Taste wise...(bad tasting Bitburger...no idea why its number one in Germany)...good ummmm Guiness or McKinnelys

We have micro brews here over 10%

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Ya I dont drink beer to get drunk...I find that it isnt healthy that why. I drink them when I am having dinner, at bar before going out, or having a smoke with the Hookah.

Hard Liquor when wanting to get drunk. But 10% nice.

I usually drink beer

Not really a hard A kinda guy

Chewy

Chewy

menacinglemon wrote:So you have gone to EU and have had a proper Guiness.... AMERICA - ALWAYS WINS..... Razz

Strongest beer ABV wise I have is Innis & Gunn Rum Cask...7.5%.

Taste wise...(bad tasting Bitburger...no idea why its number one in Germany)...good ummmm Guiness or McKinnelys

It would simply have to have an entirely different recipe to be a good stout. Guinness is certainly capable of making a good stout, foreign extra is good like I said. But I don't know why they would even say it's regular Guinness here if it isn't even the same recipe at all.

It's hard to find an amazing tasting stout under 7% ABV. The best stouts I've had are all 9% and up. Take it from the Russians, they know what a stout is all about.

I generally don't drink to get drunk either, but higher ABV beers tend to have a better flavor.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

I like Guiness flavour...it is a good stout (generally accepted as one world wide), but opinions are a opinions as I said earlier.

Meh only thing I liked to drink when I was in Russia was the locally brewed Vodka in St. Petersburg...wish they sold that one world wide...but alas they do not...it was delicious.

Thing I liked to eat....Borsch...its actually not bad...

< kind of an alcoholic lmao

Living in Oregon we have some of the most micro brews per capita in the entire world

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Sym wrote:< kind of an alcoholic lmao

for being honest... +1 AC.

I drink to much

I know i do, my wife knows I do....

But I keep it under control very well.

It doesn't effect me in school or work so thats good

When I get into my 30's Ill cut back quite a bit lmao

Chewy

Chewy

menacinglemon wrote:I like Guiness flavour...it is a good stout (generally accepted as one world wide), but opinions are a opinions as I said earlier.

Meh only thing I liked to drink when I was in Russia was the locally brewed Vodka in St. Petersburg...wish they sold that one world wide...but alas they do not...it was delicious.

Thing I liked to eat....Borsch...its actually not bad...

The general publics opinion on what a good beer is kind of sucks though Laughing

I mean come on, Budweiser is also one of the most popular beers.

I know its all a matter of taste though, we are talking literally about taste.

But I actually don't know of any Russian breweries, I was just referring to Russian imperial stouts. Those are amazing.

IMO the country with the best exports is without a doubt Belgium, nobody even comes close. I'd kill to try some of their micro brewed beers.

Sym wrote:Living in Oregon we have some of the most micro brews per capita in the entire world
Yeah a lot of good beer there.

Living by Michigan is nice too. While there aren't tons of breweries, it holds a couple of the most amazing breweries worldwide.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum