Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turns out the nearest supermarket stocks my favourite drink...

+4
menacinglemon
Frostbyrn
Pariah
The Adli Corporation
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

I have had Belguim beers, microbrews too...beers are meh worthy the few microbrews are good.

I love me home (ohio)

But we dont have enough good breweries

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

I feel if Chewy, Sym, Adli, and myself got into a room full of liquor and beer....things would go bad fast...none would be left...

Why bad?

I forsee a good time

Chewy

Chewy

menacinglemon wrote:I have had Belguim beers, microbrews too...beers are meh worthy the few microbrews are good.

Judging by one of your previous posts about the highest ABV beer you've had being 7.5%, you haven't tried the beers that they truly shine at making: Belgian quads. All the trappist ales, St. Bernardus, that kind of stuff. It's all just amazing stuff, beats most of the American microbrewed beer and its a freaking export.

Sym wrote:I love me home (ohio)

There are a few good one's: Great Lakes, Elevator, Rivertown isn't bad... Plus there are a few that only brew in Columbus(Elevator included). Surely doesn't have shit on Oregon though lol.

menacinglemon wrote:I feel if Chewy, Sym, Adli, and myself got into a room full of liquor and beer....things would go bad fast...none would be left...
Well, it wouldn't go that bad if there was another liquor store near by. We could always get more.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Chewy wrote:
menacinglemon wrote:I have had Belguim beers, microbrews too...beers are meh worthy the few microbrews are good.

Judging by one of your previous posts about the highest ABV beer you've had being 7.5%, you haven't tried the beers that they truly shine at making: Belgian quads. All the trappist ales, St. Bernardus, that kind of stuff. It's all just amazing stuff, beats most of the American microbrewed beer and its a freaking export.

There are a few good one's: Great Lakes, Elevator, Rivertown isn't bad... Plus there are a few that only brew in Columbus(Elevator included). Surely doesn't have shit on Oregon though lol.

menacinglemon wrote:I feel if Chewy, Sym, Adli, and myself got into a room full of liquor and beer....things would go bad fast...none would be left...
Well, it wouldn't go that bad if there was another liquor store near by. We could always get more.

thats what the quote + button does...also I its the highest % I can remember...the problem is when I lived in Europe and when i visit...I try so many different types of beer and alcohol....I barely remember the details (such as ABV and Name)...tastes I can put to names easily if I have a taste...I can be all "oooohhhh I remember this one"...its good and bad.

Plus by a bad thing I meant we would drink it all...but good times will be had

One of the few cool things about living in Oregon

Ironically the other great thing is the lenient pot laws.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Sym wrote:One of the few cool things about living in Oregon

Neutral ........ Laughing

Chewy

Chewy

Sym wrote:One of the few cool things about living in Oregon

And I'm guessing that sums up the 2 good things about Oregon? Laughing

menacinglemon wrote:
Chewy wrote:

thats what the quote + button does...also I its the highest % I can remember...the problem is when I lived in Europe and when i visit...I try so many different types of beer and alcohol....I barely remember the details (such as ABV and Name)...tastes I can put to names easily if I have a taste...I can be all "oooohhhh I remember this one"...its good and bad.

Plus by a bad thing I meant we would drink it all...but good times will be had
Ah I see. Belgian quads are a thing to remember though Very Happy. Westvleteren 12 is pretty much what the general consensus is on the best beer in the world but you can only get it in one specific place in Belgium. Although it's brother St. Bernardus Abt 12 uses the same recipe, same water source, and hops from the same region. Just brewed in a brewery down the street rather than in the monastery. Easy to find anywhere, I highly recommend giving it a shot.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Well I hopefully get out of reserves soon...go back to europe and live there for one more before father gets posted back to Canada. Spend time working and traveling in the different countries doing to bar scene, brewery, and adventure tourism for the year. SOFA stamp allows me to live and work there...but only till like July or August 2014.

Chewy

Chewy

menacinglemon wrote:Well I hopefully get out of reserves soon...go back to europe and live there for one more before father gets posted back to Canada. Spend time working and traveling in the different countries doing to bar scene, brewery, and adventure tourism for the year. SOFA stamp allows me to live and work there...but only till like July or August 2014.
You're in Canada right now, right?
I'd love to travel the world just to try all the different local beers... screw all the different scenery and culture, I'm good with just beer.

Oh and I just realized that I was recently drinking another extremely good Ohio beer...
Turns out the nearest supermarket stocks my favourite drink... - Page 2 55095
Commie stout is where it's at!

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

< doesn't drink
Chewy wrote:
menacinglemon wrote:Well I hopefully get out of reserves soon...go back to europe and live there for one more before father gets posted back to Canada. Spend time working and traveling in the different countries doing to bar scene, brewery, and adventure tourism for the year. SOFA stamp allows me to live and work there...but only till like July or August 2014.
You're in Canada right now, right?
I'd love to travel the world just to try all the different local beers... screw all the different scenery and culture, I'm good with just beer.

Oh and I just realized that I was recently drinking another extremely good Ohio beer...
Turns out the nearest supermarket stocks my favourite drink... - Page 2 55095
Commie stout is where it's at!
reminds me of leninade except not
Turns out the nearest supermarket stocks my favourite drink... - Page 2 Leninade-bottles

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Chewy wrote:You're in Canada right now, right?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-Sheets-To-The-Wind/dp/0330442473

mega-jealous

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

keystone ftw lol

Crombie

Crombie

menacinglemon wrote:

Favourite North American Beer....MGD and Rolling Rock...best tasting Canadain Beer Steamwhistle

I can't drink the steamwhistle. Its a good beer and all but the MASSIVE hangover kills it for me everytime. Actually I started mentioning that to some of my friends and they all get the same thing but never realized it was when they drink the whistle.

Innis & Gunn is decent but the 3$-4$ price tag per bottle is a little much.

My generic choice of beer is actually Carlsberg and if that's not available MGD.

Most of the Rogue beers are pretty awesome, the hazelnut brown ale is my favourite. I saw that Sym mentioned those.

Our local brewery here Wild Rose has some very VERY nice beers and they always have some exceptional seasonals as well.

I agree with pretty much everyone on Guinness being better in EU. I got to drink it all over EU and got to visit the Store House in Dublin. The taste far exceeds what we get here and I think it has to do with the water. Canadian water has a ton of minerals in it (hard water) so they have to soften it and change it so much more than the Dublin factory. That's my thoughts anyways.

JrTapia1991 wrote:keystone ftw lol

Shocked

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

jk keystone is nasty lol....bud or miller is alright(that's about the highest quality in my rinky dink town) although I'm not much of a drinker, alcoholism runs in my family alot and I don't wanna get addicted

< going to the bar after my face is no longer numb

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

[quote="Crombie"]
menacinglemon wrote:

Innis & Gunn is decent but the 3$-4$ price tag per bottle is a littlw bit much

Yea, but when in Scotland/England its 3-4 GBP...its extremely cheap...considering thats like 6 CDN.

It is still cheaper than what you pay at bars/resturants/arenas...etc

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Sym wrote:< going to the bar after my face is no longer numb

Thinking of going to a bar nearby..tonight...but may just wait till I go visit my uncle this weekend for Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving in October?

< confused

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Sym wrote:Thanksgiving in October?

< confused

^ AMERICAN

< CANADIAN

Canadians have Thanksgiving in October?

Thats a new one

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Not really...its been a thing for hundreds of years (thanksgiving)...but in 1951 was put on the second monday of october. America it was like 1930 something that they made it the date it is on now....

I didnt know that

Learn something every day

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

[quote="menacinglemon"]
Crombie wrote:
menacinglemon wrote:

Yea, but when in Scotland/England its 3-4 GBP...its extremely cheap...considering thats like 6 CDN.

LMAO. its like £1.80 just down the road from my halls XD

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

[quote="The Adli Corporation"]
menacinglemon wrote:
Crombie wrote:
menacinglemon wrote:

LMAO. its like £1.80 just down the road from my halls XD

lol...in Scotland its 3 pounds....fuck....then again scotland isn't cheap to eat or drink anyways...fuck england wins ....

But that is about the same price as here then...hmm think it would cost more since its imported....

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

why are quotes borked again?

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

i tihnk i deleted a another quote thingy

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Innis & Gunn was 1.48 today... i got 3 bottles Very Happy

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Lol. I arrived at my Uncle's for Thanksgiving last night at like 6pm....7pm we where drinking....2 hours later at a bar....1am we head home....It was a good night

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum