New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nat geos Aftermath: Earth stops spinning

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Erkeric

Erkeric

.... if the Earth stops spinning then how are there still nights and days in the same 24 hour periods as now?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

What are you talking about? Book, game, or movie?

Erkeric

Erkeric

TV show. On right now on national geographic channel.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

it it was an absolute lock, then it would be like the moon, half the earth would get all daylight all the time, other half would get only darkness

Erkeric

Erkeric

Thats what I was thinking but they are saying that the Earth stopped spinning, yet they were still having 24 hour cycles...

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

You're right. From what you've said that makes no sense. It would either be tidaly locked like Epyk said. Or be orientation locked which would give days & nights of 6 months between sunrise and sunset.

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

theres another type where the earth stays doesn't rotate and one day would be 365 days since sun would only cross all of the earths surface once a year, but i dont get how we would still have 24 hour days with no rotaion

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

what zoic said

Erkeric

Erkeric

Well at the end they were talking like it had stopped and it would be 6 months of day and 6 of night which makes sense. I think I just started watching it at a wrong time and condemned it too soon. They were making it slowly stop but didnt do a good job of describing that.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

That makes more sense. I thought it would be strange for them to make such an obvious mistake.

Patrick Star

Patrick Star

i saw it a couple weeks back. its about all the air and water going to the north pole right?

Erkeric

Erkeric

I dont know. Only saw like the last 15 mins of it. Most of the US was under water with temp. varying from -20F at night to 100 or so during the day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum