HydrasBreath ♜
chunckylover53
Frostbyrn
Grey
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Grey

Grey

Just seems like some mobile games, casual as hell they are, are far more interesting than regular games. Be it a game mechanic, or just the ease of being able to pick it up and know exactly what to do. Like Cut the Rope. Fun as hell, and really good game mechanic. Or The Hobbit: Kingdoms of Middle Earth. I've sunk a few hours into KoM easily.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Your quitting the SeC?

Grey

Grey

Not in the slightest. Just stating I'm liking mobile games a little more right now,

WTF?.

Cant say I understand that

chunckylover53

Because it's something new and interesting, games have been lacking innovation.

Grey

Grey

chunckylover53 wrote:Because it's something new and interesting, games have been lacking innovation.

Exactly. Everything, even great ones like Bioshock: infinite, are blending together.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Mobile games can never hold my attention for more than a few mins... They never really appealed to me. I have a few on my phone but I never play them.

HydrasBreath wrote:Mobile games can never hold my attention for more than a few mins... They never really appealed to me. I have a few on my phone but I never play them.

This

StormEye

StormEye

That phase came and went for me real fast.

Now, I would rather read on my mobile devices, than to play any games on them.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

StormEye wrote:That phase came and went for me real fast.

Yeah same I'll browse the web before I'll play a game on my phone. I just keep a few games in case of boredom emergencies if I'm stuck somewhere with nothing to do.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

King Ghidorah wrote:Not in the slightest. Just stating I'm liking mobile games a little more right now,

*Pumps shotgun*

We dont respond well to your kind around here you filthy casual

*Spits in bucket*

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

StormEye wrote:That phase came and went for me real fast.

This. I use my tablet to read, check mail, and sometimes browse the Internet. I had a couple of weeks where I played Plants vs Zombies, and Bad Piggies (I hate that name), but that's about it.

More power to you if you like them, though.

Eh Ill admit Angry Birds can keep me entertained for like 5 minutes haha

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I just bought a 3DS for my GF and I spent like 3 hours playing Zelda OoT last night. Not quite the mobile gaming that your talking about but still.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Yeah the most mobile I can get is Pokemon

I hate tiny screens lmao

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

The 3DS has good games, though, and if I recall correctly you can also play DS games in it too, so it's a huge library of very good stuff.

I want Fire Emblem so bad.

Ante

Ante

fire emblem awakening is so fucking awesome

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

That is the next game we plan on getting for it.

I sold my 3DS

Eh not a big fan

Only game I ever played on it was OOT

Ars Diaboli

Ars Diaboli

Ante wrote:fire emblem awakening is so fucking awesome

It's fucking Fire Emblem. Of course it's awesome.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

waiting on fire emblem to come,I got the regular 3ds because alot said the xl looked worse since it's the same low res just stretched on a big screen

MADEWITHROBOTS

MADEWITHROBOTS

I've nothing against mobile games - I like good gaming experiences on any/all platforms - unfortunately, I just don't find many mobile games to genuinely be particularly good, especially for more than 5mins.

That said, just this week a game came out named Rymdkapsel...and it's excellent! Like a cross between rts and tower defense, with a minimalistic aesthetic, videos don't do it justice at all.

It's currently only available on PlayStation Mobile devices (I have it on Vita), but coming soon to iOS (I think Android too). I'd recommend it to anyone, especially those who don't think anything worthwhile can come out of 'mobile' games Smile

Never spent more than 5 minutes playing a mobile game other than Angry Birds

They are just so shallow and that doesnt hold my interest.

MADEWITHROBOTS

MADEWITHROBOTS

Sym wrote:Never spent more than 5 minutes playing a mobile game other than Angry Birds

They are just so shallow and that doesnt hold my interest.

I hear that, and I'm pretty much the same - Cut The Rope and Where's My Water? are the only ones I'd previously spent any time with, and only in short bursts.

But if you still have your Vita and you're interested, definitely have a look into Rymdkapsel. First time I played it I just wanted to check it out. Sat there for 70mins straight...that never happens to me with standard mobile games.

It's easily Live Arcade/indie worth - don't be put off by the mobile tag. It's actually a game that makes considered use of the platform as well - the touch controls are perfect, and it simply wouldn't work as well with any other controls.

There's no free trial, but it's cheap. You may be surprised Smile

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

im fine with mobile games, its just the majority ive seen are not designed to be deep or particularly engaging. they're great for burning time when waiting for a bus, or class to start, or something like that, but not for long periods of time.

i dont sit down for hours and play Angry Birds, but at the same time if i want to burn through 5 or 10 minutes i dont start up a game of Civ5 or login to Minecraft. they are different games designed for completely different uses, so i dont compare them to each other.

StormEye

StormEye

I turn on Civ5 if I have to wait for a game that's going to come out in next few months. LoL

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

civ 5 is digital crack cocaine Razz

Zillah

Zillah

WHAT IS wring WITH YOU?!?!?!?!?!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum