Ante
Pariah
StormEye
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

StormEye

StormEye

This probably does not apply to you people who have the luxury of playing with someone you know, but I have to rely on public matchmaking to get things going for co-op.

Seems like there are people who are in it just to ninja all the decent items without any consideration (probably a conscious decision to troll others most likely). Even if they do not realize this is not Diablo loot system(...), this is still a fault of the devs not making it clear to newcomers that the item loot is not equally distributed, and have to be considerate to others...

Pariah

Pariah

I play with friends, they still ninja my loot. It's fine if you ask me, just a hazard of playing.

Yea I got ninja'd big time the other day by a certain SeC member. Grrrr.......didnt even give me the chance to look at the purple sniper...

Ante

Ante

This is why I play solo when looking for gear.

Grey

Grey

This topic= bitching about not being able to get loot fast and blaming devs for having it set up this way. And blaming people that you don't know for playing multiplayer with them.

Ante

Ante

Shame on people for expecting common decency of other people.

SHAME SHAME

Grey

Grey

Welcome to the internet.

Ante

Ante

Welcome to instanced loot solves the problem entirely. Don't be a dick.

menacinglemon

menacinglemon

Sym wrote:Yea I got ninja'd big time the other day by a certain SeC member. Grrrr.......didnt even give me the chance to look at the purple sniper...

who?

Grey wrote:This topic= bitching about not being able to get loot fast and blaming devs for having it set up this way. And blaming people that you don't know for playing multiplayer with them.

You dont understand a proper loot system, clearly.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I dupe items Very Happy

But yeah instanced loot would have solved this entirely

Also why isnt eridium an auto pick up like money or health?

Also shield boosters arent an auto pick up wtf

Ante

Ante

omg the shield booster thing is the ONE REASON i don't use those shields. You end up taking 50x more damage trying to pick up the booster than you gain from them. Fuck.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Its stupid

Why they dont work like health is beyond me

Grey

Grey

Ante wrote:Welcome to instanced loot solves the problem entirely. Don't be a dick.

Too late.
[BL2] Not really liking (actually, hating it tbqh) MP Loot System Z

BWAHAHAHA

Ante

Ante

Grey wrote:
Ante wrote:Welcome to instanced loot solves the problem entirely. Don't be a dick.

Too late.
[BL2] Not really liking (actually, hating it tbqh) MP Loot System Z

BWAHAHAHA

[BL2] Not really liking (actually, hating it tbqh) MP Loot System Dean_eyeroll

Why be a douche?

Grey

Grey

Cause I can. Haha

Alright then.

Does it make you feel special?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Sym wrote:

Does it make you feel special?

Round these parts it makes him feel normal Very Happy

Ante

Ante

This isn't worth pursuing Sym. Although if this is what Grey thinks of the SeC, I don't really think he should be welcome here. Being treated like some random gameFAQer on the SeC is entirely counterproductive to the whole point of this forum.

Word

Not trying to start anything I just though that comment was uncalled for ( about this being a whining topic )

Storm has a point. It is one of the only flaws in this game. A proper loot system would go a long way towards alleviating this issue.

Grey

Grey

Woah woah woah woah... Woah... WHOAH! Whoah. I can be a dick every once in a while. I haven't been one for a while so I thought. Heh. Gonna use my pass.

Pariah

Pariah

I honestly see nothing wrong here, day-to-day SeC if you ask me. Just relax y'all. It's not like it's the end of the world if Grey decides to be a dick for a day.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Look some people here have to deal with wankers for a living they shouldnt have to deal with them here

This is a safe place

/keeps a straight face

Grey

Grey

Frostbyrn wrote:Look some people here have to deal with wankers for a living they shouldnt have to deal with them here

This is a safe place

/keeps a straight face

<- Works in army where everyone is a dick.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

i would be a complete Douche in non-instanced loot games. in Torchlight and Guild Wars (instanced loot games) i just grab everything, even shitty white items and items for other classes and then sell it all Razz

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I just play with people I know

Pariah

Pariah

The Adli Corporation wrote:i would be a complete Douche in non-instanced loot games. in Torchlight and Guild Wars (instanced loot games) i just grab everything, even shitty white items and items for other classes and then sell it all Razz

Yeah, I'll admit I do the same. If someone else finds some loot they want, then it's theirs without a question. But I do grab literally everything unwanted so I can sell it.

Remind me not to play games like this with you guys

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I find nothing wrong with this games loot system. I mean 90% of the time I am playing with friends, were playing in my game. And me and all my friends read things in chests, or things on the ground before grabbing them. Its not uncommon to run from a large enemy, or a chest without picking anything up.

But seriously, the only thing wrong with this games loot system is randoms.

Ante

Ante

We live in an age of gaming where developers need to balance around the lowest common denominator so that those of us with a shred of decency can enjoy the game. Sad.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Just don't play with randoms...problem solved. And if your playing with friends call em out on it. No reason they need to change the game to suit you. I agree with Grey several posts above, this is just a whiny topic.

I play with friends I trust and know wont ninja everything. And if they do I yell at them, or don't do anything about it at all since I wasn't going to use it at all.

Ante

Ante

Some of us don't have people we can play with on a regular basis. Make one valid argument against instanced loot, I dare you.

For the record I don't play with randoms. I've never had a problem with loot being ninjad but I still think instanced loot should be in for those of us not fortunate enough to have people to play with.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

In this game instanced loot would be unbalanced. Everyone getting a level 45 Bee shield at once, with 40000+ Amp damage?

Games like Diablo its okay. But in this game it would break it.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Kurz wrote:In this game instanced loot would be unbalanced. Everyone getting a level 45 Bee shield at once, with 40000+ Amp damage?

Instanced loot =/= cloned loot.

Ante

Ante

The Adli Corporation wrote:
Kurz wrote:In this game instanced loot would be unbalanced. Everyone getting a level 45 Bee shield at once, with 40000+ Amp damage?

Instanced loot =/= cloned loot.

Yep. I played through D3 with a few IRL friends and we never got the same loot.

I wasnt trying to be a dick

But you really cant say this game has a proper loot system.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

I might be thinking of something else then, what does instanced loot mean to be exact? I thought it meant loot was shared equally, like everyone got it. I might be thinking of something else though.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

If you are playing with friends its a great loot system. If not, well sorry.

But even back when borderlands 1 was being previewed, Randy or whomever was in charge of the interviews at the time said something along the lines of "The whole game is based around loot, its a race to get better weapons. If you don't get stuff before someone else, dont worry there is always something better around the corner."

Fact is, I love the way the loot system works in this game. the only time it fails is if your playing publicly, which, well, no game will ever be fair or balanced in that sense.

It kinda sucks to beat a boss, get a chest with 4 player co op and 1 weapon drops.

Ante

Ante

Kurz wrote:If you are playing with friends its a great loot system. If not, well sorry.

But even back when borderlands 1 was being previewed, Randy or whomever was in charge of the interviews at the time said something along the lines of "The whole game is based around loot, its a race to get better weapons. If you don't get stuff before someone else, dont worry there is always something better around the corner."

Fact is, I love the way the loot system works in this game. the only time it fails is if your playing publicly, which, well, no game will ever be fair or balanced in that sense.

lol-fucking-no

Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 are fun to play online with randoms due to instanced loot. No one fighting over who gets what, just grab what drops and move on to more killing. They are PERFECTLY balanced in that regard.

All instanced loot is, is that only YOU can see and pick-up what drops on your screen. If you want to trade something after the face you can drop it/trade it. It doesn't mean everyone gets a copy of the item the boss dropped.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

what Ante said.

go play Realm Of The Mad God (even that game has instanced loot at higher levels) and you'll see what we are getting at here Razz

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

99% of the shit in this game is junk anyway lol so I don't trip about it XD

Pariah

Pariah

I feel the ghost of GM in this topic.

I've got a really really good idea guys! How bout everyone just calm their respective shit, take a few deep breaths, and relax a little.

Now to the topic:

Instanced loot is fine. So is this system that we currently have. If you're playing with some douchebag bitch who keeps stealing all the good stuff (an example is Soap's friend J2D-somethin. Grey, Frost, he and I were spamming Terramorphous, he ended up stealing 4-5 items that other people actually needed, then denied doing it when I called him out on stealing Grey's sniper.) then steal it first. Don't read what it is then take it, just fucking grab it so they won't. If you're playing with friends you trust, awesome, problem solved. If not though, then either A) don't play with that particular randy, or B) tip the scales so YOU can steal THEIR shit.

Dropped Da Soap

Dropped Da Soap

Dude, from what I heard you were the only one getting mad at him and acted more like a whiny bitch afterwards then anything.

He said that he started hanging back at the spawn after Frost asked him too because he grabbed things that one time.

You were the one from what I heard(from more then him)acting like a priss about it, even hours after the fact.

Ante

Ante

Alright folks. It's been fun. Seeeeee ya later!

[BL2] Not really liking (actually, hating it tbqh) MP Loot System Na5ZM

Pariah

Pariah

Kurz wrote:Dude, from what I heard you were the only one getting mad at him and acted more like a whiny bitch afterwards then anything.

He said that he started hanging back at the spawn after Frost asked him too because he grabbed things that one time.

You were the one from what I heard(from more then him)acting like a priss about it, even hours after the fact.

I called him out for stealing shit, he just tried to fake it and act like an asshole about it. I plainly saw him take it, then he just lied about it. I can't stand people like that, so yeah. I got mad at him.

chunckylover53

Make it like WoW where you can roll on shit.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

Ante wrote:Alright folks. It's been fun. Seeeeee ya later!

[BL2] Not really liking (actually, hating it tbqh) MP Loot System Na5ZM

[BL2] Not really liking (actually, hating it tbqh) MP Loot System VXaYD5scMUKfQOzGAaQHwA2

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum