+5
JrTapia1991
Frostbyrn
RStudios
Chewy
Grey
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fuck you Chris from Direct TV Empty Fuck you Chris from Direct TV 2013-08-23, 22:49

Grey

Grey

So. A roaming salesmen for Direct TV is walking around, offering packages for people in my neighborhood. He comes to our house and I was just about to kick him out. Until I thought about my $86 bill from TW for just internet. I bring him in. He starts talking to me about the deal. It was going to be $50 for the first year for tv and 20MB internet (same I'm getting from TW), with a 25 day free trial period after I got my router. A few days after I signed the contract, because I was going to the field, and was going to be away from home. And while I was away, they came and installed the Dish/TV with Sheep home. Now I told them specifically that in my lease, anything attached to the house will become the actual owner of this place's property.

So on the 22nd. A day after I was supposed to get the modem I call DTV. I talk with them. They tell me a few things. That there was no such bundle, there is no "free trial period", that there was no communication between DTV and Century Link (the ones that provide their service around here), and while I was roaming around on the phone, which I do. I go outback. Guess what I don't see in the lawn, not on the house, not on a fucking pole, like I was promised? THE FUCKING DISH.

Oh. Did I mention the "no free trial period" thing? Well I find out that I would have to pay $460 to cancel. So yeah. I would have ended it there if I could, even though I told the lady on the phone exactly what happened.

So. Now I got stuck with a $43 bill for DTV and an $86 bill from TW. Nope. One bright light out of this was the Century Link guy. BTW, there is no 20MB service from them. But now I got a 10MB service for CL, (which isn't that bad) for about 30 some dollars. Because of a 12y contract, and military. So at least I'm going to break even with what I was paying for TW.

Chewy

Chewy

Dude don't pay a penny of that. If they lied their assess off to you than you're not responsible for it.

Even if they tricked you into signing a contract that said otherwise, you were given the wring impression on what you were signing. It's void.

Grey

Grey

I wish I could, but how can I prove it? The only things that saw it were me, Sheep, and Chris.

I wouldn't pay it

Chewy

Chewy

Greytron wrote:I wish I could, but how can I prove it? The only things that saw it were me, Sheep, and Chris.
Well you've got a witness, that sounds good enough to me.

I'm sure you don't want to take this to court, but if you can't get them to believe you through customer service file a complaint with the BBB. Takes like 10 minutes tops.

They're not accredited but it seems like they're responding to people's complaints, most businesses are super fast in responding to complaints through the BBB.

http://www.bbb.org/los-angeles/business-reviews/satellite-equipment-and-supplies/directv-in-el-segundo-ca-81000357

RStudios

Dont your guys have a legal cooling off period to cancel like we do in england?

America allows us to get fucked over

We dont have any cool pro consumer laws like you guys have

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Hows that independence thing working out for you guys SYm Very Happy

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

damn.....I'm really not into tv so I just watch everything online really.

Century Link is really slow around here and overpriced. When I had 3mb internet with them it was like $80+ a month >_>

I think I'd rather have them than funky windjammer tho....I think about switching back to them every time windjammer blows out.But when it works this windjammer is 3 times the speed for 60

Frostbyrn wrote:Hows that independence thing working out for you guys SYm Very Happy
Fuck you Chris from Direct TV Ugly_baby11

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

You have no eyebrows?

Im not seeing what your getting at Very Happy

IM MAD yo

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Maybe you need to some government subsidized Drugs to calm down?

Oh wait Very Happy

Yea already there my man

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I am so high right now

Im going out to watch a rugby game with a Church group

So I am getting so fucking stoned Very Happy

Im not sure if your being serious or not

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Im gunna be High as a Kite by then Very Happy- Elton John Very Happy

Frost you need to come to Oregon and get my super dank

Seriously.....

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Im not allowed in the United States man

Criminal Record Very Happy

Yea right

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah I banged a barnyard Animal

YO MOMMA! Very Happy

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

So I ended up accidentally downloading a Minecraft strip club for my 8 year old super Christian cousin

Yay Weed Very Happy

Pariah

Pariah

punch them in the dick, and don't give them a single penny. when they try to collect, call the cops. you were lied to, they'll have to either back the fuck down (and you can force them to dismantle the dish too), or go legal. and if you follow what chewy said and go to the BBB, then you'll have a really good leg to stand on.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

yeah those guys would get bitchslapped in the UK Razz

sheep

sheep

However, they already have a credit card number, kind of hard to not allow them to charge an account they already have. Plus a signed contract is a signed contract, shame on you if you didn't read the fine print.

Bla125

Bla125

I'm in the exact situation as you right now. I'm not paying them jack squat.

I wouldnt pay them again

Fuck them with a cactus

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum