New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

AMD makes Direct X competitor

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/09/26/amd-announce-mantle-a-direct-access-graphics-api-that-will-debut-in-battlefield-4/

does that mean Battlefield 4 would work fine on Linux then? It says it's using a whole new thing. I read about Metro Last Light being ported to Linux sometime soon as well

Chewy

Chewy

This should be interesting.

It's rumored that the low level API part is basically the exact same thing they're going to be using on the Xbox One. Which would mean that the PC ports would have the same optimization advantages that the console games have.

I think AMD could possibly pull ahead of Nvidia with this. Which is nice because they're cheaper, but at the same time they can't do GPU PhysX at all and the wolves in TW3 look awesome and I still want those wolves.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

TW3? The Witcher 3?
What wolves? Post these awesome wolves of which you speak!

Chewy

Chewy

Metalzoic wrote:TW3? The Witcher 3?
What wolves? Post these awesome wolves of which you speak!
Right here:

It still looks good without the PhysX, but with it it just looks amazing.

OH snap thats impressive

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Coolio.

Cant wait for TW3

Probably my most looked forward to game outside of BF4

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

It's definitely up there for me.
I didn't finish 2, but I played through most of it and loved it.
Unfortunately with next gen right around the corner it had to go along with everything else.

You really should of finished two

One of the greatest ending ever imho

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Damn.
I probably should have since I was probably just a few hours away from it.

StormEye

StormEye

I am all for moving away from OS specific software implementation. Just hope that its not going to be AMD specific.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

StormEye wrote:I am all for moving away from OS specific software implementation. Just hope that its not going to be AMD specific.
Can't really see how it won't be.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

supposedly alot of stuff with be AMD gpu optimized since that's what the consoles are using, even the Wii U I believe

edit: and possibly using more cores since the CPU are 8 cores....but honestly seem VERY weak to me at only 1.6ghz each, what a joke lol.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum