StormEye
JrTapia1991
Artimise Flare
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

My pinky just naturally falls on Lshift and Lctrl so they aren't a problem for me.

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

that's how I do it, I take my hand off real quick and tap Z to hit the deck prone lmao

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I honestly don't even remember what my hand motions are in the game. It's all second nature and I typically don't even think about it, but then again, I've been playing on PC for a long while now. I play mostly default setup, with some changes to the crouch and prone buttons among a few other things

StormEye

StormEye

I try to keep default setup as much as possible.

Had some issue with X as toggle crouch, instead of C, during the beta. But I think I'm good with X now.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

So I recently unlocked the stubby grip for the saw, it I must say it makes a big difference when you are firing in longer bursts. So far I haven't even touched the U100 since the SAW appears to be so damn beastly Very Happy

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:So I recently unlocked the stubby grip for the saw, it I must say it makes a big difference when you are firing in longer bursts. So far I haven't even touched the U100 since the SAW appears to be so damn beastly Very Happy
Yeah the SAW is a really decent LMG. I find it quite enjoyable to use.

What does the stubby grip do again?

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Reduces automatic fire penalty by 15% if memory serves while you run and gun.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:Reduces automatic fire penalty by 15% if memory serves while you run and gun.
Ah nice...I really want to put something other than a bipod as an underbarrel attachment because it's gotten me killed more than it's helped.

If I'm near something and I go to ADS in a firefight it starts to deploy the bipod when I don't want it to...so annoying. I wish there was a deploy bipod button like there is to turn on/off a light or laser.

Ante

Ante

HydrasBreath wrote:
Artimise Flare wrote:Reduces automatic fire penalty by 15% if memory serves while you run and gun.
Ah nice...I really want to put something other than a bipod as an underbarrel attachment because it's gotten me killed more than it's helped.

If I'm near something and I go to ADS in a firefight it starts to deploy the bipod when I don't want it to...so annoying. I wish there was a deploy bipod button like there is to turn on/off a light or laser.
There is. I'm not sure what it's bound to in BF4, but in BF3 you could rebind the bipod key so you wouldn't be fighting with it when next to cover.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Ante wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:

There is. I'm not sure what it's bound to in BF4, but in BF3 you could rebind the bipod key so you wouldn't be fighting with it when next to cover.
Oh fucking awesome...I'll have to fix that then.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Honestly, I never used the bipod, the SAW is plenty accurate at range without it. What blows me away is that it can have a heavy barrel on it later on. Provided you burst fire, you can actually win quite a few gun battles at a distance due to the fact that the suppression really fucks with them.

CQC, not so much, I took the bipod off for the exact reasons you stated until I got the foregrip.

StormEye

StormEye

I put bipod to C key.

Having it gone from default RMB give me peace of mind when I have to dive and shoot, or shooting near cover.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

StormEye wrote:I put bipod to C key.

Having it gone from default RMB give me peace of mind when I have to dive and shoot, or shooting near cover.
Yeah I've gotten killed a few times by the bipod unintentionally deploying when someone pops out near me.

StormEye

StormEye

I've been killed by bipod when I was shooting behind a cover and suddenly when I was switching my target (unADS, switch target and ADS again) it pulled me out of the cover, leaving me completely exposed. LoL

JrTapia1991

JrTapia1991

I've been doing pretty good with the Type 88, already have the ammo box after a few matches

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

The T88 was actually pretty good back in beta, which is surprising. Apparently the LSAT is pretty good this time around as well.

I've not touched any other LMG other than the M249 for the most part however.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

I didn't really like the T88. M249 is baller though. It just looks sexy.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Compensator, stubby grip, holographic sight and x2 magnifier turns the SAW into one hell of a beast at most ranges.

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:Compensator, stubby grip, holographic sight and x2 magnifier turns the SAW into one hell of a beast at most ranges.
I'll have to try this setup out.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

HydrasBreath wrote:
Artimise Flare wrote:Compensator, stubby grip, holographic sight and x2 magnifier turns the SAW into one hell of a beast at most ranges.
Just remember to burst fire only if you can help it. Automatic fire is good only at really short ranges to moderately medium range.

The compensator gives you a 30% penalty to automatic fire accuracy, however the stubby grip helps mitigate that by improving it by 15%.

I'm 35 kills away from the heavy barrel, I'm anxious to see how it improves or worsens the already popcorn like recoil that the M249 has.

Ante

Ante

Is the game stable now, guys? I almost bought it today but I'm still unsure...

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

It's been fairly stable for me these past few games, though I know many are still having issues. Some horrific lag/ping spikes on one server last night (which was remedied by restarting my PC) and being kicked out of a server due to it timing out, I've been enjoying quite a few full and complete matches.

I can't vouch for everyone, since the chat is still filled with people complaining about netcode, and not being able to stay in a game.

Ante

Ante

the netcode is the thing that bothers me most

i suppose i'll bite the bullet and buy it tomorrow.... prepare your butts gentlemen. my lav knows no mercy.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Ante wrote:the netcode is the thing that bothers me most

i suppose i'll bite the bullet and buy it tomorrow.... prepare your butts gentlemen. my lav knows no mercy.
Hopefully it goes okay for you, my IRL friends don't seem to be running into as many issues, lag and netcoding still seems to be the #1 public enemy at this time.

It's a far cry better than what it was earlier on though. So whatever DICE is doing, they're at least fixing things fairly swiftly from what I can tell (The sound dropping out is still an issue though)

HydrasBreath ♜

HydrasBreath ♜

Artimise Flare wrote:
HydrasBreath wrote:
Just remember to burst fire only if you can help it. Automatic fire is good only at really short ranges to moderately medium range.

The compensator gives you a 30% penalty to automatic fire accuracy, however the stubby grip helps mitigate that by improving it by 15%.

I'm 35 kills away from the heavy barrel, I'm anxious to see how it improves or worsens the already popcorn like recoil that the M249 has.
I always tap fire weapons anyway so that's no issue here.

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

I need to unlock the GPMG's already, will be on later tonight for those that feel up to braving the shit storm that is BF4 (not the actual combat but the bugs and so on)

Its still a mess

I still cannot play more than 7 -10 minutes without getting a server or client crash

Artimise Flare

Artimise Flare

Sad that sucks man, the issues on my end seem to be calming down (Watch as I come back in an hour or two raging about bugs and latency issues). Had a really good match earlier and had a few good ones with Jrtapia last night.

Its alot of people having the same issue as me

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum