We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

patch coming

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1patch coming Empty patch coming 2010-11-08, 12:55

Epyk MD

Epyk MD

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105076-Big-Fallout-New-Vegas-Patch-Coming-Soon

2patch coming Empty Re: patch coming 2010-11-08, 12:57

D

Sweet.

Obsidian, the developer behind New Vegas, made the case that the reason the game has so many bugs is because it is so big, which makes sense, but still doesn't really excuse the sorry state the game was in when it was shoved out the door. There's a difference between missing a few bugs and missing the dozens of problems that New Vegas shipped with.

This is 100% the truth. Trust me, it's hard to QA this stuff so please cut developers some slack when it comes to these things.

"Well then they should have released it until everything was fixed."

Yeah and ya know what, we'd be sitting here talking about when the game is going to come out instead of playing it right now.

Actually we'd be in the Lounge somewhere because this board wouldn't even exist.

3patch coming Empty Re: patch coming 2010-11-08, 13:44

StormEye

StormEye

Well, I'm looking forward to the day I can play this game 8 hours straight (LoL) without the game crashing / slowing-down 15 times.

LoL

Love the game to the core, though.

4patch coming Empty Re: patch coming 2010-11-08, 14:18

I will play new vegas once this patch hits because I am to afraid of getting a game breaking glitch.

5patch coming Empty Re: patch coming 2010-11-08, 14:25

StormEye

StormEye

T-800 wrote:I will play new vegas once this patch hits because I am to afraid of getting a game breaking glitch.
I got it once, where one of my companion suffered permanent AI brain damage (worse than StarCraft Dragoon AI) after completing a quest about it. It cannot move or shoot when encountering enemies and it is stuck that way.

So I had to quickly finish the game, and start anew, and this time I avoided it. LoL

6patch coming Empty Re: patch coming 2010-11-08, 14:41

D

It was ED-E right Stormy?

I got the other upgrade. I haven't picked him up yet but hopefully he isn't borked.

7patch coming Empty Re: patch coming 2010-11-08, 14:42

StormEye

StormEye

Jar~

It is not broke with weapon upgrade.

I confirm it, since I tested him out yesterday EXTENSIVELY, due to my past trauma.

LoL

8patch coming Empty Re: patch coming 2010-11-08, 15:20

D

Nice! On a side note, I went back to Lucky 38 and when I got in there Veronica and ED-E were fighting!

What the hell man. I had to reload cause she killed him.

9patch coming Empty Re: patch coming 2010-11-08, 15:21

StormEye

StormEye

ED-E sometimes attacks friendly. It seems like it is a known glitch, though rare, from what I snooped around on the net.

10patch coming Empty Re: patch coming 2010-11-08, 17:12

TheGM

TheGM

I like how people forget how fucked up Oblvion and FO3 were when they came out. Gamebryo is a shit engine and I think Obsidian has pushed that Clunker to the limits.

11patch coming Empty Re: patch coming 2010-11-09, 11:12

I really would like to see them come up with a better engine.

12patch coming Empty Re: patch coming 2010-11-12, 21:23

StormEye

StormEye

Damn it. I love this game too much but there are things preventing me to do some of the quest since the dialogue would not proceed.

Lucky that I don't really care about EXP anymore, basically all the cool / relavent quests are done.

Patch I'm waiting for you!

patch coming Nunnally

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum