TheGM

2 to 3 weeks.

StormEye

StormEye

TheGM wrote:2 to 3 weeks.
Very likely case, unfortunately.

Chewy

Chewy

Damn, I'm probably gonna beat this game twice before that comes out. Although seeing as it freezes at least once an hour that should keep me slowed down.

StormEye

StormEye

If anyone has not done energy weapon run yet, I kind of suggest doing it once before the patch, and see the great deal of difference that I am calculating it to be. You do not have to finish the whole game with it, but just use few energy weapon to get a feel for it, and compare it when the new patch comes out. It probably is going to be night and day.

If there is any future FO games, the new energy weapon trend , which will be introduced with the new patch, will likely to continue.

Chewy

Chewy

What's the new trend, DT bypass or something?

StormEye

StormEye

DT bypass is one thing, but there will be a lot of tuning to weapons to bring them up to the guns equivalent.

So a lot of weapons like Laser Rifle, which is ditched pretty early and never looked back, could potentially be brought up to the level of Marksman Carbine.

Chewy

Chewy

Nice, it is kind of lame how most of them are useless right now. Only one's I use now are the Alien Blaster and the Pew Pew. I would be using the Gauss rifle also but I'd rather save weight for a minigun than have another sniper.

StormEye

StormEye

Technically the only three 'efficient' energy weapons are

Laser RCW
Plasma Caster
Gauss/YCS

Alien Blaster is great but I do not consider this as a regular weapon, like Fat Man

And rest of them are completely outclassed. Making it unfair for those who have chosen the path of going energy weapon only. I usually go with both guns and energy (along with explosives, for all ranged weapons) so my choice is very wide, but it is not the best thing to do if someone is trying to specialize into something.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

About damn time. I've been completely avoiding this game until the patch comes out. After the glitch I experienced in Camp Guardian Cave, I was done.

StormEye

StormEye

Higurashi wrote:About damn time. I've been completely avoiding this game until the patch comes out. After the glitch I experienced in Camp Guardian Cave, I was done.
Which glitch was that?

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Storm, you're forgetting the rape sauce that is the Pulse Gun.

Chewy

Chewy

You got beef with the Pew Pew?

And yeah, the pulse gun is absolutely amazing. Makes robot enemies easier to kill than newborn babies.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

StormEye wrote:
Higurashi wrote:About damn time. I've been completely avoiding this game until the patch comes out. After the glitch I experienced in Camp Guardian Cave, I was done.
Which glitch was that?

When you enter the cave, a graphic glitch happens. When you walk 5 feet in, it goes away, and it isn't supposed to happen again. However, I was in the middle of the cave when it happened again, and this time it didn't go away. If you were to walk outside the cave, the graphic glitch (it made everything pitch black, and it was impossible to see) was still in effect for the entire world. My save was in the middle of the cave, so I couldn't re load and get out of the cave in time before the glitch happened.

StormEye

StormEye

Bah, pulse gun is too situational specific. And it is placed at Energy Skill 0, which makes it an all character weapon. Even melee users can use it. It does exactly same EMP damage regardless of your skill level or ammo used (not talking about the impact damage listed on the damage listing in game screen).

I have nothing against Pew Pew, but its just so inefficient in 2 shot reload. Might as well just spit out one huge damage of Gauss/YCS, or rapid fire Plasma Caster.

If it had consumed 6 SEC per shot, instead of 15, Pew Pew probably would be brought up to the efficient level. BTW, which is a possibility with the new patch.

Last edited by StormEye on 2010-12-07, 18:35; edited 1 time in total

StormEye

StormEye

Higurashi wrote:
StormEye wrote:
Which glitch was that?

When you enter the cave, a graphic glitch happens. When you walk 5 feet in, it goes away, and it isn't supposed to happen again. However, I was in the middle of the cave when it happened again, and this time it didn't go away. If you were to walk outside the cave, the graphic glitch (it made everything pitch black, and it was impossible to see) was still in effect for the entire world. My save was in the middle of the cave, so I couldn't re load and get out of the cave in time before the glitch happened.
Ouch!

Chewy

Chewy

Oh I didn't even realize it was a two shot reload. I've only killed a couple stranded guys with it and I usually reload after I go out of VATS if I'm not still getting shot at.

StormEye

StormEye

The reason for the name Pew Pew is because it shoots twice per cartridge. LoL

Chewy

Chewy

Well that makes sense now lol, I think that it being displayed as 30 threw me off or something.

StormEye

StormEye

Its basically shooting 15 concentrated shot of SEC, though if that is the case the damage output should be much greater than current. LoL

StormEye

StormEye

The patch might come out earlier than what we might have been expecting, according to the official update.

"To update, we're hopeful for the 360 update to go up next week. We will provide more details when we have them."

StormEye

StormEye

Its 20mb in file size according to the PS3 lads, whom got the flippin patch already.

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I need to pick this game up again. I didn't spend nearly enough time traveling the Mojave Wastes, hell I didn't even finish the main story

StormEye

StormEye

What made you stop playing?

Was it bugs? Or is it just lackluster'ness you felt?

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

well for me it was kinda a time issue. when I played FO3 I had all the time in the world. Now I have a GF, a job that requires more of my time, BC2, just a lot more on my plate than before. I'm also kinda hooked on online gaming, I love playing against other people so when I had time to play games I choose BC2.

StormEye

StormEye

Roger.

StormEye

StormEye

According to PS3 users sniper rifle took a huge hit in damage along with crit chance. Not sure about the actual chance at the moment, but it does 20 damage less on base.

Also, those whom that had problems with entering the Strip, rejoice! Its fixed.

The DT bypass is not as good as I though, but it certainly does upgrade a lot of weapons to usable. Gatling Laser is a viable anti-personnel weapon with MC rounds (-10 DT + the damage increase).

The patch note is nowhere to be found, so I cannot list much.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Please tell me it fixed the Guardian Cave glitch.

StormEye

StormEye

Higurashi wrote:Please tell me it fixed the Guardian Cave glitch.
Unfortunately I have no idea about that one, since I have not heard anything about it.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Why release a patch with no notes?

StormEye

StormEye

Higurashi wrote:Why release a patch with no notes?
That baffles me too.

All the things that are currently known are found through some vigilant individuals painstakingly plowing through the material for confirmation of fix / change, unless it was discussed in official forum with staff's input.

But its hard to find good material with whole bunch of people crying over about sniper rifle nerf, instead of figuring out what is fixed and what is not.

Kyuubey

Kyuubey

Is Boone nerfed?

StormEye

StormEye

Still not definite word on Boone.

Some are saying he has been shafted a little, but that might just be a bad observation and not a real test.

But technically he is "fixed" (if anything changed) since his stats supposedly went over 100 (closer to 200) and had no penalty while firing on the move.

StormEye wrote:Still not definite word on Boone.

Some are saying he has been shafted a little, but that might just be a bad observation and not a real test.

But technically he is "fixed" (if anything changed) since his stats supposedly went over 100 (closer to 200) and had no penalty while firing on the move.

I still need to play NV again; I may occasionally clear the cache just to play with Boone as an ally, because he was like one of those quick scoping, screaming 12 year olds from MW2/CoD4, but actually good, lol. It was magic to watch that guy headshot somebody in front of him, do 180 shoot another enemies head off, then turn around, and take down another enemy. Puts you to shame. xD

StormEye

StormEye

A little more definitive list.

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2010/12/10/new-vegas-game-update-available-on-playstation-3-will-be-on-xbox-360-steam-next-week/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum