Recent Posts
SeC Gaming
the Lounge
New Lounge Topic
New Gaming Topic
We've moved to Discord

You are not connected. Please login or register

I'm not really in the mood for anything on BC2 anymore.

+4
Shojimaru
Frostbyrn
Twitchy
Wacco
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

I used to be able to decide what map I wanted and what not, but I don't know. I used to pick Valparaiso, because that was my favourite map and I could do well, but now, it's like, regardless of what map I pick, I do HORRIBLE. I put up shit scores like 10-2, 30-7, 20-3, or my K/D is never above 2 lately. I want to get the damn Medic K/D up, but it's not going to at this rate; and not to mention the fact that EVERY time I go play with friends, I always fuck up and get in the God damn way. And then fucking Conker knifes me today, in my own spawn, because my teammates are too busy playing with themselves to do anything; either way, only bad players get knifed. I have yet to see anybody else really get knifed, and now he has 2 dogtags from me; I still have to check my dogtags section to see if I've reached the limit (limit = 10, when I hit the limit, I lose, I can redeem one tag for every 5 SeC or GameFAQs tags I collect). And then, I get fucking RKS 5 times in a row on Conker, and then get it again another time. I see this as a sign, that I fucking suck, because even the game MUST know, that I don't deserve to knife him. Well, I'll stay here, and talk to you guys; that is what I have decided. I will not leave, regardless. But I shouldn't play BC2, because I'm likely to just get in the way.

/rage

My blood sugar is low; I just got a glass of orange juice, so I don't feel nearly as pissed anymore.

Wacco

DrBob276 wrote:I used to be able to decide what map I wanted and what not, but I don't know. I used to pick Valparaiso, because that was my favourite map and I could do well, but now, it's like, regardless of what map I pick, I do HORRIBLE. I put up shit scores like 10-2, 30-7, 20-3, or my K/D is never above 2 lately. I want to get the damn Medic K/D up, but it's not going to at this rate; and not to mention the fact that EVERY time I go play with friends, I always fuck up and get in the God damn way. And then fucking Conker knifes me today, in my own spawn, because my teammates are too busy playing with themselves to do anything; either way, only bad players get knifed. I have yet to see anybody else really get knifed, and now he has 2 dogtags from me; I still have to check my dogtags section to see if I've reached the limit (limit = 10, when I hit the limit, I lose, I can redeem one tag for every 5 SeC or GameFAQs tags I collect). And then, I get fucking RKS 5 times in a row on Conker, and then get it again another time. I see this as a sign, that I fucking suck, because even the game MUST know, that I don't deserve to knife him. Well, I'll stay here, and talk to you guys; that is what I have decided. I will not leave, regardless. But I shouldn't play BC2, because I'm likely to just get in the way.

/rage

I'm kinda getting tired of the game myself. I dunno, I guess it's just the fact that so many new games are coming out or something

Dude, you hold yourself to such a ridiculously high standard.
You have a spread of 9600. Your kdr is at 2.25.
Most people are impressed by that kind of shit. I've seen your videos. I've played with you. I'd gladly take you on my team whenever.
You might get pissed at 20-3, but I'd dropkick a bunny for a kdr like that.

However, I do understand getting tired of the maps. I can't really get that into Conquest anymore, and that was my BC2 crack. So I tried playing Rush, and I just find it frustrating. I have to rely on my squad too much.

Yeah they need new ones. Still getting knifed, then knifing said person 5 fucking times, and it not working, makes me want to rip all the wires out of my controller and strangle myself with it. It's utterly infuriating.

Twitchy

Twitchy

After what just happend I've decided to put the knife away for good. I sneak up on a medic, put ALL 30 ROUNDS OR MY M416 INTO HIM AND GET NO HITMARKERs, then I pistol him as his medic buddy spawn on him. With no ammo in either of my guns, we have an epic knife vs. Defib dual, which wound have been awesome if I didn't get RKS on him 7 GOD DAMN TIMES, and if his defib didn't have COMMANDO. Anyway, I'm sorry Bob. I was getting annoyed by you killing me so many times and seized the opportunity. I cannot wait for Black Ops, Reach and New Vegas to come out -.-

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

I just ate some jellybeans Very Happy

I only killed you once Conker, one fucking time. And that smartass remark you said after you knifed me made my fucking temper boil. If you EVER, say any cocky fucking bullshit like that again, I'm going to spawn kill you with the Abakan next time you get in a game until you rage quit.

That being said, it's all good. Smile

I have learned one thing from showing poultry, there is one standard, and that is perfection. I used to show Cayuga and Black East Indie ducks. Any orange on the legs, disqualified. One white feather found, disqualified. Crooked toe, disqualified. Any imperfect birds were either sold for pets or culled.

Twitchy

Twitchy

You sniped me once from the parachute spawn, and at least 2 other times
:/ And I didn't mean to sound cocky after I knifed, I was just happy to
finally kill you. Honestly I felt really terrible after you quit because
I felt like it was my fault. But whatever, you'll never have to worry about me getting your tags again, my knife shall remain in it's sheath from now on.

Nah, it's not that, you can knife me. I'm more pissed about getting RKS on you, and putting up shit scores repeatedly. I'm ALWAYS in the fucking way. No matter what I do it seems. That's why I allow a better replacement take over for me whenever we get a squad of 4+. I would've probably quit had you not even been there; don't feel guilty. I rage quit ALL the time. You can knife me all you want, just know that I'm going to get you back eventually.

Shojimaru

Shojimaru

Your stats are a hell of a lot better than mine Bob, and yeah I feel like BC2 has gotten a bit stale for now. Which is why I've been playing L4D2 and any arcade games I still need achievements in.

Twitchy

Twitchy

Dude, you push yourself way to hard. You're easily one of the best players on SeC, and when you left, I joined Dark squad and did absolute SHIT compared to you. Post people would give an arm to be as good as you. I don't know how you think you get in the way.

I'm a Recon/Shotgunner; it is their natural instinct to find ways to get in the way, lol.

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

Just saying, but whoever judged those birds are douchebags.
Very Happy

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Oh did anyone see that Awesome Sniper in our Team last night

He got 3 Kills on People Parachuting in

And a Double kill on a moving ATV

Shaymojack wrote:Just saying, but whoever judged those birds are douchebags.
Very Happy

No, it's in the APA/ABA "Standard of Perfection", under the rules. That's what birds are judged by. Having one too many points on a chicken's comb is 0.5 points for everyone taken off out of 100. Crooked toes and beaks are auto DQs. A lopped comb on a bird that's not supposed to have one, is an auto DQ. Poultry showing is actually a VERY competitive business.

Frostbyrn wrote:Oh did anyone see that Awesome Sniper in our Team last night

He got 3 Kills on People Parachuting in

And a Double kill on a moving ATV

That's impressive...?

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yes it is Garrus if he did it all in one Match Very Happy

...I've got two collaterals, and ATV snipe, and 6 paratroopers in a Nelson Bay match, but I never thought of it as anything special. : / Maybe I need to reset my standards. My record is only 5 people taken from choppers in a round, and I've only done it twice, so I was getting angry lately, because I almost got 6, but kept getting hitmarkers, and failed.

Garrus ain't got shit on my Infiltrator...

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Took out 8 Helis in one Round...As a Assault Very Happy

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Sorry to off-topic you guys, but are you all using SeC as your tag instead of GFQ now?

Metalzoic wrote:Sorry to off-topic you guys, but are you all using SeC as your tag instead of GFQ now?

Lol, we're always off topic. Also, I don't use a tag.

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

DrBob276 wrote:...I've got two collaterals, and ATV snipe, and 6 paratroopers in a Nelson Bay match, but I never thought of it as anything special. : / Maybe I need to reset my standards. My record is only 5 people taken from choppers in a round, and I've only done it twice, so I was getting angry lately, because I almost got 6, but kept getting hitmarkers, and failed.
You definitely do need to look at your video-game standards, you're a pretty great player by pretty much all standards except Ub3rPr013375n1p3rs. It's great having you on a team at any time.

And that's pretty intense, I never even knew there /was/ poultry showing haha.

I use SeC.

Hey Bob, are these birds you raised, or shot?

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

The guy was nuts. And my squad/former squadmate.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Same i changed it to SeC first day back

anyone wanna have SeCs

The Cramtron wrote:Hey Bob, are these birds you raised, or shot?

Raised. I used to raise and show poultry. As the birds aged, they would get white feathers regardless of how nice they were. The idea with pure black ducks is to try to breed them so that they had a good sheen. However, the more shiny they were, the earlier they'd get white feathers, but less green makes them less impressive, and rather dull to look at.

Yeah, poultry showing is VERY strict. It includes everything: eye colour, leg colour, type, quality of pattern on feathers, tail angle; it goes on and on. Sometimes, two birds would look exactly alike, and the judge has to go over, and nitpick; I've seen a bird lose because it had an extra point on it's comb, and another, because two or three feathers had poor lacing quality.

ALargeEffinFry

ALargeEffinFry

Surprise butt SeCs?

I got rid of the link because it was screwing up the posts, anyways:

New versions of the book cost $60 or so; I won my 2001 copy in a the APA semi-annual (national) competition for fitting and showing back in my 4-H years.

Last edited by DrBob276 on 2010-09-02, 23:50; edited 1 time in total

TheGM

TheGM

*Looks at Dr.Bobs stats*

I don't what the hell you talking about....But I do know I whish I had people with those stats watching my back when I go to for the objective.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yes Dark Exactly that Very Happy

TheGM86 wrote:*Looks at Dr.Bobs stats*

I don't what the hell you talking about....But I do know I whish I had people with those stats watching my back when I go to for the objective.

Well, according to DICE, I'm not doing enough, because I'm constantly in the bottom half of the scoreboard.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

DICE can go stick their Dick in a blender for all i care

I don't know, considering they're the ones that made the game, I would think they might know who is better, because they get a better score...but then again, they think the Abakan is balanced, so...I don't really know what to think. Rather confusing really. I finally grasped the concept that I'm not worthless about a month ago, but I still firmly believe that the rest of the SeC, and many, many other players outclasse me by far.

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

DrBob276 wrote:
TheGM86 wrote:*Looks at Dr.Bobs stats*

Well, according to DICE, I'm not doing enough, because I'm constantly in the bottom half of the scoreboard.
You've said it yourself plenty of times. Some of the most useful people don't get the points they should, while awful medics who revive you in the line of fire and people C4'ing objectives get an insane boost to their scores.

And although that sucks, I can't really see a way to give people who are being genuinely helpful to their team more points while keeping it from being abused like revives. They need fewer points for objective damage, and I think they did okay with the medic point limit. The only time I usually hit it is on the Tree of Life on Valparaiso and the first base of White Pass rush where there's ridiculous amounts of healing and reviving going on.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

The DICE community Manager said they currently see no problem with the Knife

Like i said They can stick theyre NADs in a microwave

Frostbyrn wrote:The DICE community Manager said they currently see no problem with the Knife

Like i said They can stick theyre NADs in a microwave

Well...that is true. I think I just have to shake my overcompetitive mentality, but it's really difficult. I've tried everything; I've tried eating more/less, I've tried more/less sleep, I've tried drinking (not alcohol, but I do wish sometimes), I've tried focusing on stats, ignoring stats, relaxing, meditating. I have tried every last thing I can think of, but I can't shake it. I usually don't care for the first few days of a game, but then I always get competitive, I even get pissed dying in singleplayer. : /

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

It's not terribly bad to be really competitive, but I think you just need to realize that to the vast majority of the BC2 population, you really are a much better player than them. Everyone gets killed by BS things, it's unavoidable, especially with "spawn disorientation". With such huge maps there will always be someone you weren't able to see & kill before he used his OP weapon to kill you before you can react.

Yeah, maybe I'll get back online, and try, yet again, in a few minutes.

Shaymojack

Shaymojack

I'd like to join you, but I'm stuck doing a report for my environmental systems class. If I finish soon enough I might jump on for half an hour or so.

Frostbyrn

Frostbyrn

Yeah im hopping on now

Alright, I guess I'll join Dark's party, after I eat dinner, and pray I don't blow up again.

Twitchy

Twitchy

If you guys have any room, I'll come back on too after I finish making dinner and eating. Kraft Dinner at 11:15 ftw Very Happy

You must live on the east coast then? Yeah, I'll invite you if I'm still online by then, lol.

Twitchy

Twitchy

Well, not quite on the coast, but EST time zone yeah :p

After last night, you really need to take a chill pill, bro. Having a K/D of less than 1 could possibly be considered a "shit score," but when you're near 2.0 and grabbing the ace pin, what is there to complain about? This level of obsession over "perfection" is, frankly, unhealthy. You're not playing in a competition, you're not in a league, you're not even in a clan match. There's no reason to get so worked up over playing randoms. Honestly, how the fuck do you think you're in the way when you can get scores like that? You're killing people left and right, and it's somehow not good enough? Does not compute. RKS happens to everyone, the game isn't singling you out. Getting knifed isn't the end of the world, either. You can't have perfect 360 degree situational awareness, and we all know randoms can't hold a line for shit.

Take a deep breath, it's only a game. I know many people here like playing with you (I've never gotten much of a chance), but you need to stop sabotaging yourself.

TheGM

TheGM

And just Remember what Frankie says........RELAX

I would relax, but there's good enough, and not good enough. I finally just played CoD4 yesterday and I wanted to enjoy it, but I realized, after months of playing BC2, I'll probably never be able to play again. After a month of playing, my K/D was only around 2, 5 at maximum.

The way I look at it, is once you do something, you should be able to do better the next time. For example, if I get 4,000 points once, then anything 4,000 and lower isn't good enough; I must get 4,001 +. If I get 60-2, and my K/D is 30:1 and I had a score of 5,600, anything that is less than 60 kills, a K/D less than 30, and a score less than 5,600 isn't good enough. I seek to constantly improve, regardless of what it is, game or no game. If I play a song on my piano, it has to sound better, every time, because it won't impress people if they've heard that song earlier, the same way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum