DRGN LRD 1213
Metalzoic
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Some cool stuff I haven't seen before.

If you're doing really well you'll be marked as a priority threat and the game will put a bounty on you.
As you keep killing/capping you gain skulls to show how much of a threat you are and the bounty goes up. It also sounds like you get some buffs when you're doing good (at least in vehicles)

Shows some drones and spotting people with the recon drone.

In the second vid you can see:
Some battle points stuff. Vehicles, airstrikes: cluster bomb, white phosphorous etc...

Attachments. lots of different sight styles, airburst launcher, emp launcher, underbarrel shotgun, silencer etc...
And a gun camo option.

Shows abilities (perks), looks like there are quite a few.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/l_ArwLzTMB0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7H8cG757kpE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

German but shows some good action:
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oD_FTLC53fE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Looks pretty bad ass to me. Hopefully it's good enough to hold me over until BF3 comes out.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Looks pretty bad ass to me...... I will be playing this..... Yes... Yes I will!

Zillah

Zillah

yep, definitely going to be getting this.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

THe story sold me on this first! Loved Red Dawn so I am excited to play the campaign. Where BC2's campaign was something to do when the servers where down, and Black Ops I played to unlock the zombie map five. I am actually looking forward to playing thisone!

THe more I see of the MP the more I get excited. I think the battle points system sounds pretty awesome. I love the fact that you earn points by usiong the spoting drone, and capping the objectives. it looked like for killing a guy you get 50 pts, capping the objective you get 200 pts... so there is an incentive for your team to help the team!!!

O yea o yea.

TexasMace

TexasMace

Smells of COD to me.
Looks good buuuuut I'll wait until I hear what you guys think after you get it.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Really? I don't know I don't see much COD here. THe maps look bigger, the maps expand as you cap points..... I'll let you know though as I will be getting this.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

TexasMace wrote:Smells of COD to me.
Looks good buuuuut I'll wait until I hear what you guys think after you get it.

Huh? I don't see it. 32 players, a combination of Rush and Conquest and lots of vehicles. That sounds more like battlefield to me.

Plus don't forget these are the guys that made Desert Combat for Battlefield 2.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

The only thing I can see even close to COD is the battle points reflecting killstreaks but I think battlepoints sounds like a WAY better concept to me!!!! To me it looks like a faster paced battlefirld game.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:The only thing I can see even close to COD is the battle points reflecting killstreaks but I think battlepoints sounds like a WAY better concept to me!!!! To me it looks like a faster paced battlefirld game.

I think it's way better too because it's based off points.
The guys actually capping flags and going after the high value vehicles are the ones who are going to be able to pull in the big guns.

Looks like it will be hard to camp for battlepoints (killstreaks).

It also looks like you get less points for kills while you're in a vehicle too.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rE3nCk70jPY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Long vid but yes there will be sniper camping..... He gets shot in the back though so I don;t see this being a proplem. Every FPS will have its campers.

TexasMace

TexasMace

Maps looked small so far but that may be because the players weren't going very far. The other thing was how the weapons and attachments unlocked. Believe me, I ain't poopooin it but I got bit hard by MOH so I need proof. I still have to buy BF3 too so that could be $120 that may be a bit much so close together...I mean I DO have gun parts to buy too.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

BF3 is at the end of the year so I got time to re build my funds.... Of course then there is also Gears 3,,,,,, and that damn skyrim game looks pretty sweet..... GAH!!!!!

I had a gut feeling MOH was going to be a bust..... so I didn;t buy it..... I think this one I will enjoy.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Nice vid. I love the look of that map, especially how the buildings are each so individual and not just clones of each other.

Not a lot of weapons, but the ones there are pretty cool. I'm glad the Kriss Super V is there.

I was also wondering how the vehicles would work, but that vid shows that you spawn in it when you buy it.

I really like how the camera gives you an overview of the map and highlights all players names when you spawn. That will help give you an idea of how much danger you're in when you hit the ground, a sort of spawn protection.

Tex I think the maps are going to be pretty big, it's just focused. Like rush, once either team snags all 3 objectives the map pushes one way or the other to the next 3 objectives.

TexasMace

TexasMace

I told myself the SAME thing before MOH came out...*tear*

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yea I like how the vehicles spawn with you in it... No more fools stealing your helo and spawn raping you!!!! YEA!!!!!!

Tex you said it was going to be a bust, or you thought MOH was going to be good?

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

TexasMace wrote:I told myself the SAME thing before MOH came out...*tear*

I still have a pre-order down on MoH that they keep calling me about, but no destruction and (almost) no vehicles made me pass.

It's only 2 weeks to Homefront, BF3 doesn't come out until November.

DL, also no groups of people standing around not doing shit waiting for something to spawn! That's a huge plus in my book.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

AHhh yes that is another reason I didn;t even think about.... THey want that choppa they have to go earn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs I gotta step back I am getting a little too excited here!!!!

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:AHhh yes that is another reason I didn;t even think about.... THey want that choppa they have to go earn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs I gotta step back I am getting a little too excited here!!!!

Exactly. We won't have to shoot smoke grenades at our own team anymore...

TexasMace

TexasMace

Well I guess you guys sold me.
Do you get anything significant if you pre-order? May wait til it hits the store.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

In the video you can see a "downloadable weapons" section.
DL said if you pre-order at Gamestop you get the DLC 870 shotgun.

Duck

Duck

Looks like a toss up. It might be better than BF3 is BF3 is only good on PC. I'm not sure how I feel about everything being a killstreak though. Or point streak.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yes. Aparantly the 870 is only available to those that preorder at game stop.... You also get early unlocks to some of the perks but these are available to everyone as you level up..

Is a shotty worth it???? Probably not. Though that being said I will be pre ordering at gamestop.

Khfan60

Khfan60

Lookin bad-ass! And i'll be pre-ordering at Best Buy, I want the headset.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

It's better to have a shotty and not need it, then to need a shotty and not have it.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yea but I heard.... and this is just from forums that the headset is just for chat it doesn;t play game sound.... So that sounds lame...... Again this was just rumopr.... I have turtle beaches so I am going to go with the in game shotty.

The Adli Corporation

The Adli Corporation

damn i might actually get homefront.

so many damn choices. im not getting GoW3. but i have a £50 amazon voucher which im saving for BF3. i might spend it on homefront and save up some more for BF3.

dilemma Razz

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Gears, and BF3 are coming out at the end of the year so I have time to stash more moneys by then.

Khfan60

Khfan60

I just saw a whole bunch of stuff posted on GFQs about the headset being communication only. Fuck. Guess i'll pre-order from either GS or KMART, KMART gives you a 1600 point card.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Marluxia wrote:I just saw a whole bunch of stuff posted on GFQs about the headset being communication only. Fuck. Guess i'll pre-order from either GS or KMART, KMART gives you a 1600 point card.

That's a good deal from Kmart.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Yea the 1600 pt card sounds like a good deal.... I like game content though so GS is where I'll preorder. I keep getting busy and forgeting to do it tho. MUST DO THIS......

Not sure WHY you would want a headset that covers both ears to be chat only..... makes no sense.

Khfan60

Khfan60

DRGN LRD 1213 wrote:Not sure WHY you would want a headset that covers both ears to be chat only..... makes no sense.

IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!!

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

HHA um ok lovin.......

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

Yeah, the headset sounds pretty dumb.

I wonder if you can buy the shotgun DLC for a few bucks? If so it would make sense to take the Kmart offer.

I have a shit ton of credit at GS though so I'll be getting it there regardless.
Plus I found a $30 Best Buy giftcard in my dresser from about 3 years ago... gotta think of something else to pick up so I don't forget about it again. Maybe MVC3.

Khfan60

Khfan60

lolz, forgot to add the /sarcasm at the end.

And yeah, i'll probably go with the KMART offer, theres probably other and better shotguns already in the game.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Some good info in this vid about the story,.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LdcQjybq6KM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I am pretty sure all the k marts went belly up in Louiville so I;l just get it from Gamestop and blast yalls faces with my 870!

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Times Square Ad!!!! NICE!!!!!!!!!

Multiplayer Homefront videos and info. Homefr10

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

jigsaw camo sounds interesting.......

I think I am going with the shotty still though.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

The Best Buy codes are usually right on the receipt so I'll buy both then return the Best Buy copy.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha hahah *cough* ha...

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

I never even gave this game thought until this afternoon but you guys might have sold me on it. I will definetly give it a good look over later

TexasMace

TexasMace

shotty!

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

The Terrinator wrote:I never even gave this game thought until this afternoon but you guys might have sold me on it. I will definetly give it a good look over later

Watch those vids and see what you think.
I really like what I'm seeing so here's hoping it turns out awesome.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

Every week I get more and more excited about this game!!!

I will be at gamestop day 1 picking this thing up to play!

Ron Swanson

Ron Swanson

when does it come out?

Duck

Duck

I never give in to hype, except for Battlefield games because I'm a shameless BF fanboy, so I won't be preordering, but I've been wishing for a while for a red dawn like modern FPS so I'm keeping my eye on it.

Metalzoic

Metalzoic

The 15th of march I think. About 2 weeks.

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

The only other game I have ever pre ordered was Battlefield BC2.... I will be pre ordering this though!

Well shit if everyones getting it, ill be forced lol. I just got Two Worlds 2(fun as hell fyi), MvC3, got Dragon Age, Mlb2k12 and now homefront. Geez im gonna be poor Smile

DRGN LRD 1213

DRGN LRD 1213

I'll wait on the new DragonAge for abit..... Games like that I will wait to come down in price. My FPS games with MP I like to have from the start!

TexasMace

TexasMace

Do believe the wifey will surgically remove my financial hangy downies after the amount of games I'm about to buy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum